B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

I am sure there are some things that can be dissected here but .. still very impressive

For sure. Some confounders includes team mate quality. For example, Stones unimpressive 38 point season? He lead the team lol with a supporting cast of Da Bossta with 38 points and Prince with 35.
Turris also lead his team with another 20 year old with a huge drop off in support, next up having 49 points and then 40. If Norris/Formenton become Turris and Stone, I'd be ecstatic. Even if just one one of them developped into a lower tier 1C of Turris level or elite winger of Stone's level.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I still think Formenton ends up a 3rd liner at the NHL. But maybe that's a 3rd liner on a contending team and a 2nd on a non

If White bounces back and figures out how to be effective, Formenton-White-Brown could be an incredible 3rd line.

But the thing is we are not entirely dependent on White succeeding as it could also be Pinto, or Norris and/or Brown if they don't become top-6 centers, or even Chlapik, or someone else we're about to draft, or via trade, or... or... But Formenton and Brown as my 3rd line Wingers sounds pretty good.

Lafreniere
Tkachuk
Formenton
Paul

Looks pretty good on the left side

If we don't draft someone to fit in that 1/2 hole .. Formenton is 2nd on my projected depth chart... I think he'd be an above average 3rd liner that can move up the lineup, PK and play in 4 on 4s and 3 on 3s

"pretty good" is even an understatement here, that Left side would be a nightmare for opposing teams. Lafreniere can burn you with elite skill, Tkachuk can burn you being a Tkachuk, Formenton can burn you with elite speed and Paul is a giant with a pretty well rounded game for the 4th line.

Center looks good too but very dependent on both Logan Brown and Norris reaching their potential. I'm confident that at least one of them is a top-6 center. But the question is : if we get Lafreniere, do we target a Center with the 2nd first round pick?

L.Brown
Norris
White
Tierney?
Pinto
Chlapik

Or do we need a better piece on the right side?

Batherson
Duclair?
C.Brown?
Balcers
Abramov
Davidsson

Damn, so many pieces, we need to Ryder + Halak + 2nd soon.

I am sure there are some things that can be dissected here but .. still very impressive

Quick 2 cents :

Stone took time to develop and remember his skating was slowing down his progression (pun intended)

Pageau was not supposed to be an offensive center, 3rd line center has been his label for a long time.

Dzingel was a 7th rounder who took a long route in the NCAA.

Hoffman was a late bloomer and took a while to figure out the pro game. The jump from junior to pro is huge, so it wasn't easy for Mike. Similar to Francis Perron when he made the transition from junior to pro. Difference with Hoffman is he might never figure it out at the pro level to become a significant NHL player.

Turris was a 3rd OA pick, he was also supposed to be good.

Among those 5 players, I think the best comparable outcome for Norris and Formenton would be Turris and peak Dzingel (but for much longer since Forms is only 20)

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I’m supremely confident they formenton will be ten times the player Dzingel was for us. He’ll be an all around beast.
Formenton but for injury would have been a two time WJC player. He is big. Lightning fast. And he's got some nasty to him. I'll be disappointed if he isn't a better player than Dzingle

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I’d hardly be ecstatic if Dzingel was Formenton scoring ceiling. I expect more.

Well, now we do, but start of this year and anything like Dzingel scoring wise would have been fantastic. I mean... 45-50 point pace player with all around game and top 3 wheels in the game? That's a legit top 6 forward.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Great news for those kids - some of their success is associated with having Bath/Brown type players who have been dominate players in the league. They play on much better teams than what we have historically seen. Lately they seem to be carrying their own play.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

My point has more to do with the fact he played his last AHL game on Feb. 19th, got called up, and missed the final 10 days of the month due to being in Ottawa...hence "week and a half". He would have probably scored even more points had he played the remaining games, but regardless, he still won player of the month.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad