Confirmed with Link: Bell MTS Place to be renamed Canada Life Centre

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Too bad that a local company can't afford naming rights

"Salisbury House Centre" has a nice ring to it

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I feel like Canada Life didn't think this through - everyone is just going to call it the CLC.
upload_2021-6-15_12-18-12.png

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Am I being silly to think Canada Life thought it would be a good fit because they expect allot of Manitobans to sign up for life insurance. Us being labeled as the covid capital of the world hasn't exactly helped our health profile.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Still going to calling it MTSCENTER...
BellMtsplace never caught on...
Maybe we just call it 402 Squadron...
402 Squadron - Wikipedia
A WW2 fighter Squadron made up of volunteers from Winnipeg... I can’t think of a better nickname for the home of the Winnipeg Jets...
If the name of the arena is going to change every few years anyways...

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Better than "BellMTS Place" IMO, especially since it's just two regular words, not some weird company jargon
The tie-in to Canada is nice as well, like they used to have in Toronto (Air Canada)
I hope they stop changing it all the time though, just confuses people

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
who the f*** cares. another giant soulless corporation gives another arena a stupid corporate name for a couple years. stupid name, stupid company. both will be utterly forgettable about 2 mins after the contract runs out.

I'll go watch the Jets. and I for sure won't be spending a penny on anything Canada life sells.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
who the f*** cares. another giant soulless corporation gives another arena a stupid corporate name for a couple years. stupid name, stupid company. both will be utterly forgettable about 2 mins after the contract runs out.

I'll go watch the Jets. and I for sure won't be spending a penny on anything Canada life sells.

Bit of an overreaction, maybe? Did a giant corporation kick your puppy?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
They dodged a bullet not doing this last year and then getting called the Canada Life-less Centre during round 2 against the Habs.

Jokes aside, much better than BellMTS Place or BM Place or BMTSP or whatever the proper abbreviation there was.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Put me in the it's irrelevant and doesn't make 2 shits of a difference for me. How much they get for the rights.... Thats the only relevant part but even then it's not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad