Friedman: Belief there is potential for "really big deal" between Vegas and Columbus

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't think Vegas will take on crap contracts, but I could see Vegas take on decent players who are overpaid in exchange for picks and prospects. Idea wise, similar to what Ottawa did when they acquired Phaneuf.

IMO, I think they do it mostly to reach the cap floor but take on 2-3 of such contracts maximum. Flames fans for instance think a decent prospect could entice Vegas to take Brouwer (a decent middle 6 option) and give us the ability in acquiring a guy who stylistically might fit our play style better. I don't think Brouwer is as bad as some fans say, but he's definitely a good chunk of cap and he doesn't seem to show he's a good fit in Gulutzan's system at the moment.

I think the Clarksons and AMac contracts are out, but downgrading a young guy slightly to take on guys like Hartnell, Brouwer, Phaneuf etc. who still have some quality amounts of game left in them. could allow Vegas to have a decent young group on top of being able to ice a respectable roster for the 2017-2018 season.

The pure cap dumps like Clarkson are probably out but if McPhee agrees to take on a useable player like Brouwer, Hartnell he can still ask for a sweetener (prospect/pick) in return for the promise to rid the other team of a contract they no longer want. If the sweetener is not profured he can take a different player off the roster & then offer something for the player if there is a salary retention (the % determines if it's better to buy the player out & carry that dead cap space for a few years).

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Is Vegas going after korpisalo or a guy like Anderson ?

Assuming CLB dumps Hartnell , he needs to get away from torts

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Is Vegas going after korpisalo or a guy like Anderson ?

Assuming CLB dumps Hartnell , he needs to get away from torts

If columbus trades Hartnell, or he waives vegas can choose between
Jack Johnson/ Korpisalo

I think they grab the 22 min/night dman. they could fetch a huge return for him at the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad