Friedman: Belief there is potential for "really big deal" between Vegas and Columbus

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Can't believe people are ready to get rid of Bob over the playoffs

(yes there are quite a few CBJ posters ready to oust Bob because of the playoffs)

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
There's some Bob hate floating around the CBJ boards right now because he sucked in the playoffs but I would be very very shocked to see him moved.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think Vegas is going to keep up with the Joneses and get a good quality goalie if they go for Bobrovsky.

Seriously though Bobrovsky would be a good pickup for Las Vegas.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Same. I don't see the incentive for Vegas to take on horrid contracts. The expansion rules essentially guarantee them a solid pool of defenseman, some decent forwards and a top pick in the draft.

A big name in Bob would be interesting for sure.

They would take bad contracts (not necessarily bad PLAYERS) to gain extra pieces, or to get overpaid guys who would still be among their best players, improving their team.

Bobrovsky would give them a solid building block in the net. Other guys could still produce, but why not take them on if CBJ is going to offer up a 2nd and 3rd round pick or something? Hartnell and a 7th rounder for a 2nd rounder helps Vegas get something they will be lacking even after the entry draft - a strong prospect pool.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I hold the belief there is potential for a "really big deal" between [insert team] and [insert team].

That way, I can't be wrong!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I hold the belief there is potential for a "really big deal" between [insert team] and [insert team].

That way, I can't be wrong!

That's not how Friedman works. He is clear when he states things like this that he is speculating. If he has a source, he'll say he has a source, but if the says he "believes" something with no source to back it up, he's just speculating.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
That's not how Friedman works. He is clear when he states things like this that he is speculating. If he has a source, he'll say he has a source, but if the says he "believes" something with no source to back it up, he's just speculating.

...that was my point. You could essentially put any two teams in this title and it can't be wrong.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
So...did you just read the title then? Because the OP seems to clearly state WHY it was suggested.

You mean the extraordinarily vague bit that also applies to pretty much every NHL team? Yes, I did read that. I also read the "article" itself.

EDIT: And just to be clear, I actually do like Friedman. I just find these threads humorous.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Can't believe people are ready to get rid of Bob over the playoffs

(yes there are quite a few CBJ posters ready to oust Bob because of the playoffs)

Obviously Bobrovsky played too much before, he really did, even they had Korpisalo. Fire the coach who is responsible for that.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I think Vegas is going to keep up with the Joneses and get a good quality goalie if they go for Bobrovsky.

Seriously though Bobrovsky would be a good pickup for Las Vegas.

We likely would trade Bobrovsky directly to another team.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
They would take bad contracts (not necessarily bad PLAYERS) to gain extra pieces, or to get overpaid guys who would still be among their best players, improving their team.

Bobrovsky would give them a solid building block in the net. Other guys could still produce, but why not take them on if CBJ is going to offer up a 2nd and 3rd round pick or something? Hartnell and a 7th rounder for a 2nd rounder helps Vegas get something they will be lacking even after the entry draft - a strong prospect pool.

The bolded part is not being mentioned enough. Sure, they're not going to take contracts like Dustin Brown or Marian Gaborik, but I can easily see them picking Bobby Ryan and Mikkel Boedker if they get left exposed. They may be overpaid, but they'd be potential impact players on a team likely devoid of high-end talent.

I don't know about Vegas getting Hartnell. Even with a sweetener it doesn't really make a lot of sense, unless McPhee wants to turn around and trade him soon after.

You mean the extraordinarily vague bit that also applies to pretty much every NHL team? Yes, I did read that. I also read the "article" itself.

EDIT: And just to be clear, I actually do like Friedman. I just find these threads humorous.

I like Friedman too, and I know it's merely speculating, but at least this thread has opened up an interesting dialogue about what kind of potential deal could be made between these two teams. It took several pages (and sifting through all of the posts involving puns on players' names), but we can see that it doesn't make a lot of sense to most of us on here - now, I guess we just have to wait and see...

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
but at least this thread has opened up an interesting dialogue about what kind of potential deal could be made between these two teams.

You're right on that. It's really the BS article with the sensational headline that I should be poo-pooing.

This thread was worth reading for the puns alone!

EDIT: Nope, just kidding. It's this thread's title.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Why not make a big trade? The Devils were able to land quite a Hall around this time last year in trade. One of these teams could get away with grand Larssony if the other isn't careful.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I just hope the trade doesn't Hertl the franchise. They're just trying to get a-Hedman.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Why not make a big trade? The Devils were able to land quite a Hall around this time last year in trade. One of these teams could get away with grand Larssony if the other isn't careful.

I don't know about that man. I wouldn't make a major trade unless it was really Palat-able.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad