Confirmed with Link: Beleskey to Boston (5 years/19m)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
The D goup will get killed and sharp is way past his prime, played like a healthy scratch player in the regular season with 5.9M cap, I've been celebrating that we don't have any bad contracts so let's keep it that way.

I love it when posters throw blanket statements out there that aren't true. Then post a reply like it is true. "Way past his prime?" He had 34g and 44a for 78 points in the 2014 season. Who was the last Bruin to do that? He had an off-year. 16g and 27a for 43p in 68games. About, what our top guys do, eh? I hope you do know there are some extenuating circumstances that won't be the same in Boston.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
How do you know Kelly has been hard to move? My impression is they never tried to move him.

That's been my impression too. The organization seems to love this guy and I don't know if they see him as the boat anchor that everyone else does.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
It was ways going to be terrible but these moves right now allow the team some cap breathing room while they wait for some of their prospects to become ready. the prospect pool for wingers is dry (we ain't got nothing in the system that is better than who we signed). Ferlin maybe. Griffith has decent hands but is slow as dirt.

Who did you want them to sign?

This off season IMO was about filling the prospect pool and getting the team out of cap hell. So far so good. Next summer we may have two first round picks in the top ten and a chance at either good trades for elite talent or drafting elite talent.

Two to three years down the road we should be ready to compete in the division and conference as favorites.

It's a rebuild-and rebuilds don't happen in a day.

Theres also the trade deadline during the season, doubt he sits there like an idiot while everyone else is makeing moves like our old friend Pete.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Also, Beleskey isn't anything amazing, but I am a huge fan of him for what he is.

He should slot in next to Spooner and Pastrnak in my opinion. He brings a fair amount of what Lucic brought to that line. While he doesn't have the offensive skills (that Lucic was quickly losing) and as much physicality, he still has a ripper shot and a pretty big body that he uses. The plus side when compared to Lucic is that he is an absolute rocket who can keep up with Pastrnak and even Spooner. Also, his defensive skills will give the Bruins what they lacked on that line.

Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak could potentially be the fastest line in the league and while not having anyone elite on it, will be about as complete a line as possible.

I agree. Beleskey would look great with those two.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I love it when posters throw blanket statements out there that aren't true. Then post a reply like it is true. "Way past his prime?" He had 34g and 44a for 78 points in the 2014 season. Who was the last Bruin to do that? He had an off-year. 16g and 27a for 43p in 68games. About, what our top guys do, eh? I hope you do know there are some extenuating circumstances that won't be the same in Boston.

I watched their every game, I watched them while looking/having conversations with the Hawks fans, they want that guy out, they were .......... him this whole season and in the playoffs he was something like +12 games without a goal and his assists were mostly secondary, he is getting old with huge cap hit, again he is turning 34y with a heavy cap hit.

He was played in the 4th line because he was awful, he was played in every line trying to get him going, 2-3 years younger and I'd say hell yeah but getting out of the cap hell to get back into it because of an declining 34y old guy seems weird to me when the D is brutal and this team is not ready for all in year.

You just proved that you only watch the stats and went with that in your argument. We were also 23rd in scoring, it's not that likely that top players points go up when they join this team.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
According to Dom, he has not been asked to provide his 8 team list.

With the current Cap situation, there is no rush to move him right now. IMO, they keep him until the deadline and deal him to a contender for a pick/prospect.

He'll be able to provide us great PK and bottom 6 play until then.

As for Beleskey, he'll either play with Krejci, Bergeron or Spooner so he'll get his scoring chances either way.

And at 3.8M, he would be easily tradable if that comes down to that down the road of his contract. He'll be 31y during that 5th year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
With the current Cap situation, there is no rush to move him right now. IMO, they keep him until the deadline and deal him to a contender for a pick/prospect.

As for Beleskey, he'll either play with Krejci, Bergeron or Spooner so he'll get his scoring chances either way.

And at 3.8M, he would be easily tradable if that comes down to that.

Exactly.

I hope Belesky does well and isn't like the last guy who wore 39...

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I watched their every game, I watched them while looking/having conversations with the Hawks fans, they want that guy out, they were .......... him this whole season and in the playoffs he was something like +12 games without a goal and his assists were mostly secondary, he is getting old with huge cap hit, again he is turning 34y with a heavy cap hit.

He was played in the 4th line because he was awful, he was played in every line trying to get him going, 2-3 years younger and I'd say hell yeah but getting out of the cap hell to get back into it because of an declining 34y old guy seems weird to me when the D is brutal and this team is not ready for all in year.

You just proved that you only watch the stats and went with that in your argument. We were also 23rd in scoring, it's not that likely that top players points go up when they join this team.

I give you stats. You give me fans opinions on Hockey's Future...LOL

member 96824

According to Dom, he has not been asked to provide his 8 team list.

They asked each player with a limited or modified NTC/NMC to provide their list going into draft weekend.

Don Sweeney and co. have Kelly's list.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

And at 3.8M, he would be easily tradable if that comes down to that down the road of his contract. He'll be 31y during that 5th year.

Agreed. With the newly found cap space there is no rush to move Kelly now. Have him center the 4th line & kill penalties. Unless of course Sweeney needs cap space to acquire a dman, in that case Kelly should be moved.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Sharp was hurt most of last year. Not saying I want him on the B's but he never really was able to find his place when he got back.

Players like him don't magically forget how to play hockey.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I give you stats. You give me fans opinions on Hockey's Future...LOL

No if you read it,

Q's actions,
hawks fans+other fans+ me while watching their games, 3rd line winger with 5.9M cap hit on a team that just got out of cap hell to go back into it, he is not getting any younger.

This team is not ready to be a top4 team now so why get a old player who won't help us when we are ready instead of a younger player who could help us when in 1-2 years we are ready to fight?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No if you read it,

Q's actions,
hawks fans+other fans+ me while watching their games, 3rd line winger with 5.9M cap hit on a team that just got out of cap hell to go back into it, he is not getting any younger.

Sharp is not a 3rd liner.

Who do you suggest Bruins target for a scoring winger? Just curious. I can't think of any guys who'd be remotely available at the moment

member 96824

Again, I'll trust Dom on this one.

Over Don Sweeney?

Dom's a smart guy but I think even he would defer to the man in charge. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just saying.

Dom could probably tell you what 8 teams those are too. That's the issue, it basically makes Kelly's a full NTC because there are only a couple realistic options. I'd be surprised if he moved this offseason.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Over Don Sweeney?

Dom's a smart guy but I think even he would defer to the man in charge. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just saying.

Dom could probably tell you what 8 teams those are too. That's the issue, it basically makes Kelly's a full NTC because there are only a couple realistic options. I'd be surprised if he moved this offseason.

I know you're not trying to be argumentative :)

It is easier for Sweeney to tell the media he asked all of the players with NTC's for their lists rather than single guys out and show his cards to other teams while simultaneously alienating the named players from the team and organization if a trade doesn't come to fruition.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Over Don Sweeney?

Chiarelli & his legendary NTC's..... The more I think about it he wasn't a great GM, & might've just benefited from being at the right place at the right time. That's a discussion for another day

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That's not accurate. It's always been an 8 team one

Issue is the 8 teams he puts on that list. He's a smart guy.

Over Don Sweeney?

I know you're not trying to be argumentative :)

It is easier for Sweeney to tell the media he asked all of the players with NTC's for their lists rather than single guys out and show his cards to other teams while simultaneously alienating the named players from the team and organization if a trade doesn't come to fruition.

I'll tell you what I know:

At the time of the draft, Sweeney had Chris Kelly's list of 8 teams - the teams he would accept a trade to from last season. And yes, I knew those teams and even posted them on this very board.

Kelly can supply a new list of 8 teams every year (I believe as of July 1st but could be wrong on the date) or within 24 hours of the Bruins asking for that list.

I heard he was not asked for, nor did he submit a new list - a list he doesn't have to re-submit according to his SPC

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sharp is not a 3rd liner.

Who do you suggest Bruins target for a scoring winger? Just curious. I can't think of any guys who'd be remotely available at the moment

He was played like one and he played like one.

I know you wasn't a fan but I'd go with Boedker, he'd save us money over Sharp and would be in his prime, heavy player, strong 2way guy with great skating, he'd give you same/beter production as Sharp.

Eriksson- Boedker
Marchand- Connolly
Beleskey-Pasta
Talbot-Hayes wingers. Heavy+Fast group everyone in their prime(talbot is talbot), but fix the D first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad