Confirmed with Link: Beleskey to Boston (5 years/19m)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I like that Beleskey is loving Boston right now. Sweeney: " We want players that want to play in Boston ". Signs Beleskey for less than markey price and less than his original club offered. I think he'll be a great Bruin.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I like that Beleskey is loving Boston right now. Sweeney: " We want players that want to play in Boston ". Signs Beleskey for less than markey price and less than his original club offered. I think he'll be a great Bruin.

I am one that believes strongly that of a player has a big desire to play for a particular team and fan base, that player usually tries to bring his best when at play.
Good to hear that Belly is content to be a Bruin and enjoying the Boston city as well.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I am one that believes strongly that of a player has a big desire to play for a particular team and fan base, that player usually tries to bring his best when at play.
Good to hear that Belly is content to be a Bruin and enjoying the Boston city as well.

To be fair ... Clarkson and Bolland really wanted to play for the Leafs :)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Clarkson took a huge payday to go back home. Bolland was traded to Toronto ( and actually played well before injuries ). Beleskey took a paycut on the open market and less money from his original team to move across the country and play for the Bruins.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I'm mainly talking based on his skillset. I recognize he doesn't have a large track record of goals but before this season he was only getting around 12 minutes of ice time and a very little on the power play. Hell, Gregory Campbell got 12 minutes per game for us this year! This season he still only got 14:30 per game and 1:32 of PP time per game but finished 15th in the league in GF/60. He got 16 minutes per game in the playoffs and I don't think it is any coincidence he scored 8 goals in 16 games.

If he can get 16-17 minutes per game on a top 2 line and more PP ice he should have no problem getting 25+ goals.

Did you watch all of his goals from last year? Have a look because it's not like he was just getting tap ins from Getzlaf and Perry. Most of his goals were from good positioning and finding loose pucks around the net. Also is fantastic at deflections which we have been sorely missing since Recchi retired.

I have high hopes for the kid but not many people come to the Bruins and have a career year in goals. It's usually quite the opposite. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Clarkson took a huge payday to go back home. Bolland was traded to Toronto ( and actually played well before injuries ). Beleskey took a paycut on the open market and less money from his original team to move across the country and play for the Bruins.

This.

Beleskey wanted to leave Anaheim because he probably knew that he was getting a decent contract so they could have a 3rd line that was decent for 6-7 mil after paying him 4.5 and putting 2 guys on ELCs with him.

He probably doesn't hate the DUcks he just knows they are a top heavy team and he won't be playing with Getzlaf or Perry and will be lucky if his linemates make 3 mil combined.

Sweeney asked him to take a little less money in exchange for 5 years Beleskey probably asked for a promise to play with Krejci or Bergeron or compete for the chance to

Probably didn't want either extreme super cold or another warm non hockey play (Florida or Edmonton) so is happy with being here.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have high hopes for the kid but not many people come to the Bruins and have a career year in goals. It's usually quite the opposite. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Claude is going to the 'hurry up'. The goatee screams 'I'm a new guy. Hey world!!!! I'm going uptempo'

Beleskey will feel the benefits of the new high flying Bruins

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Both were hometown kids who repeatedly expressed how much it was a dream to play in their hometown and how unbelievably happy they were to be there.

Point is, it's great that MB wanted to come and thinks it's a good fit and absolutely awesome he left $ on the table (rumour was Edmonton offered Clarkson more too if you remember), but at the end of the day, it doesn't mean a whole lot for on ice performance.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Both were hometown kids who repeatedly expressed how much it was a dream to play in their hometown and how unbelievably happy they were to be there.

Point is, it's great that MB wanted to come and thinks it's a good fit and absolutely awesome he left $ on the table (rumour was Edmonton offered Clarkson more too if you remember), but at the end of the day, it doesn't mean a whole lot for on ice performance.

Probably not, but it's easy to question Clarkson's motives when offered a huge deal like that to go back to Toronto. Bolland actually played well with Toronto and put his money where his mouth is so to speak before getting injured. Beleskey seems like a hungry guy who is willing to take less to go to a place he wants to go and hopefully that translates to the ice. We'll see where this relationship ends up, but so far it's off to a good start.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Can't we wait until at least August to be completely pessimistic?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Claude is going to the 'hurry up'. The goatee screams 'I'm a new guy. Hey world!!!! I'm going uptempo'

:laugh:

I think a guy like Beleskey who`ll stand in front and be willing to pay the price will find a way to keep the pace he had last year fairly easily. It`s not like he hit the 40 goal plateau and we`ll be expecting more of the same

If this team has the horses to play up tempo, which it`s starting to look more and more like already (not that everyone is a flyer), I don`t think Claude would have any issues with playing up tempo hockey<<< nor do I think he`ll have a choice

I honestly believe half the reason this team did so much of that D to D thing was due to the fact that it took that much for half the forwards to wind up and get some speed behind them. We have seen when Spoons and Pasta were put into the lineup, less of the passing between D-men and more pushing it up ice quicker, keep inserting quicker players, we`ll see a quicker game...goatee or no goatee;)

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

I did not say the player always performs well , i said the player usually tries to bring he best but as you have surfaced in your reply this is no guarantee that he will excel in the scheme of things.
There are obviously many factors that can decline a players ability to perform but overall I am certain you do understand that a player wanting to be in a certain team does carry some extra push in his game which is always welcomed and something to look forward too.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH

With Krug, C. Miller, Beleskey, Spooner and Pastrnak, Claude will finally have the horses to realize his dream of implementing the Flying V!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

With Krug, C. Miller, Beleskey, Spooner and Pastrnak, Claude will finally have the horses to realize his dream of implementing the Flying V!

We'll know for sure if hes changed or not when theres a minute left and he doesnt yell -

" Soup, Soup, youre up"!

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->