Confirmed with Link: Beleskey to Boston (5 years/19m)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Coud be a good deal...or it could be a very long 5 years. Belesky's 22 goals last season was twice his next highest season's goal total throughout his pro career--AHL included.

$3.8M/year is a lot of dough to pay for a winger that tops out around the 10 goal mark, however good a team player he may be. I guess time will tell whether last season was the rule or the exception.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Coud be a good deal...or it could be a very long 5 years. Belesky's 22 goals last season was twice his next highest season's goal total throughout his pro career--AHL included.

$3.8M/year is a lot of dough to pay for a winger that tops out around the 10 goal mark, however good a team player he may be. I guess time will tell whether last season was the rule or the exception.

NTC for two years from what I read. In two years that contract is probably chump change so worst comes to worst....

Really don't see a downside to this contract that would really effect the bruins compared to recent or current contracts. Yeah that's two years.. But its better than 5 years with a NTC which PC flosses his teeth with.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
NTC for two years from what I read. In two years that contract is probably chump change so worst comes to worst....

Really don't see a downside to this contract that would really effect the bruins compared to recent or current contracts. Yeah that's two years.. But its better than 5 years with a NTC which PC flosses his teeth with.

True, the NTC or lack thereof is a really important and often neglected issue when evaluating hockey contracts these days.

It will be fascinating to see how Belesky produces next season. He may be a bargain...or Bruins' very own PA Parenteau.

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
True, the NTC or lack thereof is a really important and often neglected issue when evaluating hockey contracts these days.

It will be fascinating to see how Belesky produces next season. He may be a bargain...or Bruins' very own PA Parenteau.

Belesky is a faster skater and has more of a knack around the net than Parenteau while PA is better in shootouts and has a decent shot. Belesky over Parenteau pretty much any day.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just heard Beleskey interviewed on the NHL channel. I like him better now.
He said he did not know any of the guys on the B's but Bergy called him to welcome him to the team.

He seems well spoken and is psyched to be a B. ... Is friends with PK Subban...or was. :)

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
THis guy is known for his hard charging style and is one of the players you can count on to be better than their stats Im pumped that we got him and removed Smith. Glad he doesn't have to live up to a stupid contract I think he'll be a fan favorite and we'll be glad we have him for so long.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
THis guy is known for his hard charging style and is one of the players you can count on to be better than their stats Im pumped that we got him and removed Smith. Glad he doesn't have to live up to a stupid contract I think he'll be a fan favorite and we'll be glad we have him for so long.

That is the great part, with that contract he won't have the huge pressure on him, he will go out there and give his all.

I was so damm afraid when even Sir Bob said that the minimun contract he will get is 5/5, that would have changed things, he would have been our highest paid winger then.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California

Its a shame to compare Belskey and PA Parenteau. Beleskey is a prototypical Bruin, he plays fierce and on the edge, and can score. If Connolly can keep improving those two would look good together.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
not sure if here didn't see it taking a quick look but someone showed me at the gym a tweet from Nate Thompson (I think it was Nate the Skate) saying how his former teammate will make a great Bruins- has that style and personality

great to hear

BallroomBitz

Once a Bruin...
Jul 7, 2006
With the saad extension (6 years, 36 million), if beleskey can produce at the same clip as last year throughout this contract it's a freakin steal! I'm still sceptical, but hopeful.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
One think that impresses me-he seems pretty thrilled to be coming to the Bruins. If he comes with that attitude and a hunger to win I think it will be a good thing.

Team needs a good dose of hunger and bringing in some young, excited players will help.

I don't expect to see this team win a cup next season but at least it's looking more like a team I want to watch.

iiBruins17*

The number is much lower than expected if that's true. But he won't be playing with Kesler, Perry, and Getzlaf type talent here. On the surface, this appears to me to be a huge risk.

Krejci and Bergeron are better than Kesler

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Krejci and Bergeron are better than Kesler

Someone put it in earlier, but he scored a fair amount of his goals last year with Getz and Perry. On top of that, I have very little faith that a player at the age of 26 suddenly figures it all out. His goal output this season is a complete anomaly when compared to every other season he's played, so expecting him to be a first line player and produce at the same rate is a risk. I really hope he continues off from last year, but I don't think it's very likely. To me, it was a reach, and the only saving grace is that they didn't give him over $5mill per, like there was originally talk he was asking for.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Someone put it in earlier, but he scored a fair amount of his goals last year with Getz and Perry. On top of that, I have very little faith that a player at the age of 26 suddenly figures it all out. His goal output this season is a complete anomaly when compared to every other season he's played, so expecting him to be a first line player and produce at the same rate is a risk. I really hope he continues off from last year, but I don't think it's very likely. To me, it was a reach, and the only saving grace is that they didn't give him over $5mill per, like there was originally talk he was asking for.

johnny Boychuk didn't figure it out till he was 26

Took Chara until he was 26 to figure it out

It happens

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
not sure if here didn't see it taking a quick look but someone showed me at the gym a tweet from Nate Thompson (I think it was Nate the Skate) saying how his former teammate will make a great Bruins- has that style and personality

great to hear

he's also a former teammate of one of your favorite current players, tyler randell.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I just heard Beleskey interviewed on the NHL channel. I like him better now.
He said he did not know any of the guys on the B's but Bergy called him to welcome him to the team.

He seems well spoken and is psyched to be a B. ... Is friends with PK Subban...or was. :)

Just give him the C, already.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
johnny Boychuk didn't figure it out till he was 26

Took Chara until he was 26 to figure it out

It happens

From what I understand he was also getting more minutes. Sometimes it isn't just who you skate with but how many minutes you're skating. It's easier to score playing 18plus minutes a night versus 13 or fewer.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto

well he did follow it up with 8 goals in 16 playoff games. don't see Krejci as much of a downgrade from Getzlaf. If you look at Belesky's ice time over his first four seasons he was between 10 and 12 minutes. Last year he averaged 14:30 including 1:30 on the PP. Seems to me he made the most of the opportunity he was finally given. He will be given every opportunity to succeed here as well.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Not as bad a contract as it could have been, but a better player than Beleskey in Joel Ward just signed for less money and term.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Not as bad a contract as it could have been, but a better player than Beleskey in Joel Ward just signed for less money and term.

Ward is also almost 8 years older than Beleskey he will turn 35 in December...Beleskey just turned 27

Ward also had a pretty big dip in production this year

I'd rather have 27 Year old Beleskey at 3.8 than 34 Year old Ward at 3.275

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad