OT: Beer Thread II

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Hello all ice hockey and especially Kings fans here!

At first a short introduction of myself: I'm from germany, over 30 years old, a hockey/NHL fan since the end of 1995, reading a lot of NHL articles on NHL.com at first plus the last 6 years a lot (and only) on this HF board and watching some live games via stream where NHL/LA players or prospects involved.

And all begun with the 96er NHL PC game from EA Sports and some episodes of NHL Powerweek on the local sports channel (DSF) and sub international news channel (NBC). I had no real special favorite team until the beginning of 2011/12 season respectively during and after the playing time of Super Mario & Jagr area i was favoriting the Pens a little bit and the Flyers (Legion of Doom hehe).

The switch from the PC to the console EA NHL version in the year 2011 was a absolute culture shock (especially the GM mode and managing of AHL/prospects + game/play feeling/optic ... it helped a lot to understand the whole francise thing, salary cap area, importance of developing players and make good trades/signings and so on) and reload my interests for the NHL, which was so so over the study and first work years.

Then at the start of the 2011/12 season there was a very rar live opportunity to see not only one but two NHL teams plus a regular season game in Berlin, Germany ... the Buffalo Sabres (team with german ice hockey idols Ehrhoff and Hecht) against the Los Angeles Kings. So, i take my chance and buy a ticket on Ebay. At game day i went from the train station to the stadium by foot 2 hours before the game start and there it happened: It came out of the nowhere ... some hundred meters away from the stadium a big bus parked on a empty street cross ... and 50 meters away from it ... i saw and realised what was in the bus - the whole LA Kings team and i stopped walking during identifying the single players and some of them looked at me too and say "hello" with there handy + laughing ... the rest is history ... they lost the game, but Drew was the most impressive thing on the ice because he skated like the wind ... since this day i fell "in love" with the Kings and evolved into a true/big fan over the rollercoster regular season 11/12 ... f.e. a few weeks later on christmas i brought some fan articles over Ebay and only play hobby GM in dynasty mode with the Kings until now (and for the rest of my life for sure *g*).

I watched at least every game summary if i didn't see the King game live per stream (biggest problem is the time difference, but sometimes ... *g*) that regular season which was amazing/thrilling ... and until the Carter trade i was thinking we didn't make the playoffs ... and then the run to the finals where we win it all 2012 ... it was so much fun and intensive ... WOW!

Okay, these are my 2 cents for the beginning ;D And to the current roster situation and possible good things to do later more in the right time from time to time as an "outside look / perspective" from a european fan.
I also plan at least one bigger holiday trip to LA in the next few years ... and hopefully there is a Hughes/Kakko or Podkolzin/Turcotte + Byram + Knight too in the lineup ... i know i know ... a pipe dream .. but maybe with some creative trade magic and the right trade partners in the fitting draft spot ... who knows ... if a Gretzky was traded nothing is really impossible ... ^^

Then, cheers to you all on a later saturday evening in good old germany with a bottle of Desperados beer with Mojito flavour ... very tasty :)

I don't have much to say back to you regarding this post but I think it at least deserved a reply. Happy to have another Kings fan in the world, welcome to the board! I have never seen Desperados mojito flavor beer (or any mojito flavor beer for that matter), it seems a bit strange but thanks for mentioning it. If I was you, in Germany... i would be having many many dark/carmel tasting beers that Germany does so well.

Cheers

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

The German Grinder 9

Apr 6, 2019
Thank you very much riznat! ;-)

But i have to thank you guys here a lot for all the great years of reading your stuff! Because watching mostly the video game summeries of the Kings games, hear the infos from the game commentator, watch the stats and read some league articles in the trade and prospect section is one thing. But you keep me informed what going on in the deep of our organisations with different perspectives and cool opinions about this and that ... i'm feeling i'm really in and kind of a insider + real King fan so far away which makes me happy :)

I'm looking forward to my dream LA holiday in the next or the year after ... 3 weeks minimum and in a time span where i can see as many home games (hopefully with Kopi, Brown, Drew and Quick still on the team + some other new young stars (please hockey gods .... give it to us ... *g*)) as possible and the oher days i visit the Hollywood studios, biggest sights and enjoying the whole style on the beach and the clubs ;-) And it would make me proud to meet some of you guys there to enjoy and talk about our renewed team!? :)

Cheers to you with another one of these ones (the rest is saved for later today after the lottery hopefully ...)!

full

PS: And yes, the german beer is very good overall. Good like Drai as a hockey player ... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gjwrams

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
For those of use in the slightly more depressing neighboring county, the stout house in Upland is selling “crowlers” on the weekend. They have some interesting variety’s that my unrefined beer pallet enjoys. The luchador lager and the OCD are both great. I’m curious about the peanut butter stout as well.
Home | My Site

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
This looks yummy.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktail:
- Fireball whiskey
- Rum Chata
- Half and half
- Cinnamon Sugar

Cinnamon_toast_crunch_cereal_milk_cocktail_2_jw3u5k.jpeg

Reactions: Telos

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
My drink of choice the past several months has been either: June Shine hard kombucha or Organic Super Fruit (Acai) Hard Cider (Coronado Brewing Co). Easy drinking with 5-7% ABV.

Hard alcohol: Jonah's Curse black spiced rum.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Long shot, but did anyone see Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale in bottles (not cans) around SoCal this year? Apparently there's a glass shortage driving breweries to use cans more often. I love aging Celebration Ale for 2-3 years, and it just isn't the same in cans.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Had it in bottles. Total wine carried it.
Thanks for the tip. So far that's the only place even remotely near me in San Diego that had it, but sadly they're all out for the season (at least in all their locations up to Temecula). I might email Sierra Nevada directly and see if I can pay for shipping from NorCal haha.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've never been big on super hoppy beers so a lager does sound good.

I always fall back on maui coconut porter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad