OT: Beer Thread II

dunbar42

Dec 31, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I know summer is technically over but this is the best new beer I've tried in a long time.

tbr-summertime.jpg

TheContinental

Oct 6, 2006
Where did you find that? First time I saw it was on tap at the Queens of the Stone Age show at the Gibson last month. Had never heard of it. Tried a sample, but I think the barkeep was off that day. Opted for the Golden Road instead. Family's from Chicago so always keen to know anything coming from the midwest.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I've heard of that german place too but never been. I used to work in DTLA and the bars is what I miss most. :)

Mission Street and Boatswain or the Label names but they both make a variety of brown ales, ipa's and hefeweizens. They all cost $2 for a 22 ouncer bottle or $6 a 6-pack I believe. This top picture has some of the other beers at trader joes. For $3.50 a 6-pack, I like to stock my fridge up with Simpler Times and Name Tag. That's cheaper than Coors/Budweiser.

portland-press-herald_3423082.jpg

Know this is replying to a month old post, but I just got lured back to this thread today and saw this... Trader Joe's has Mission St? I have a TJ's about two blocks from my place. I was gifted a mix and match sixer of "reignbeers" last Christmas and it had a Mission St. Hefe in it, one of the best beers I'd had in awhile but I've never found it anywhere again in the Midwest... Think a walk is in order this evening now that I'm finally off the meds from my hand surgery.

Captain Mittens*

Know this is replying to a month old post, but I just got lured back to this thread today and saw this... Trader Joe's has Mission St? I have a TJ's about two blocks from my place. I was gifted a mix and match sixer of "reignbeers" last Christmas and it had a Mission St. Hefe in it, one of the best beers I'd had in awhile but I've never found it anywhere again in the Midwest... Think a walk is in order this evening now that I'm finally off the meds from my hand surgery.

Yes!

The mission street beers are great bangs for the buck

Where did you find that? First time I saw it was on tap at the Queens of the Stone Age show at the Gibson last month. Had never heard of it. Tried a sample, but I think the barkeep was off that day. Opted for the Golden Road instead. Family's from Chicago so always keen to know anything coming from the midwest.

i've seen Goose Island popping up in quite a few bars and stores these days. I had never seen it before last summer though. When I visited Chicago 2 years ago, that 312 was on tap at every bar I went to.

Beer:

lagunitas-little-sumpin-ale.jpg

More beer:

518.+Deschutes+Chainbreaker+White+IPA.JPG

Nizar

Mar 4, 2013
Do you get any European beers in USA? They are probably not cheep, even if you do. It is probably the same as for American beers in Slovenia.:cry: They are 3 beer shops in Ljubljana, so there is plenty of beer to choose from.:handclap: People are starting to pick up on quality beers in numerous pubs and bars. Also Slovenian beer quality is improving with new craft breweries.:yo:

Today on the menu:

lupulus-biere-blonde.jpg

Great triple i have to say.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
<snip> Castaway IPA from Kona Brew Co. Real strong and smooth tasting IPA. Found a copy cat recipe. Wish me luck! <snip>

Discovered this stuff a couple of months ago at a family party; consider me hooked (Kona's 'Big Wave' is good, too; not a huge fan of their 'Longboard' blend, though). According to their website, they've got a wheat/citrus beer that's only available in Hawaii. Kinda' makes me want to take a cruise over there...

Discovered this stuff a couple of months ago at a family party; consider me hooked (Kona's 'Big Wave' is good, too; not a huge fan of their 'Longboard' blend, though). According to their website, they've got a wheat/citrus beer that's only available in Hawaii. Kinda' makes me want to take a cruise over there...

I was just in Oahu. I'm a fan of their beers too. I had a brown ale by then that was on tap at a bar. Never seen that one bottled either. It was solid beer. I'm personally a big fan of Longboard. I also just stocked my fridge with their variety pack.

I still love chainbreaker white ipa. If you haven't had it, give it a try! It's similar to magic hat#9 but I prefer the chainbreaker.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I was just in Oahu. I'm a fan of their beers too. I had a brown ale by then that was on tap at a bar. Never seen that one bottled either. It was solid beer. I'm personally a big fan of Longboard. I also just stocked my fridge with their variety pack.

I still love chainbreaker white ipa. If you haven't had it, give it a try! It's similar to magic hat#9 but I prefer the chainbreaker.

I'll need to try that. I like white IPAs.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA

Nice! Thanks for the rec; I'll try the Chainbreak if I can get ahold of it...do you know offhand if it's sold in general stores, or is it BevMo/specialty-only...?

Nice! Thanks for the rec; I'll try the Chainbreak if I can get ahold of it...do you know offhand if it's sold in general stores, or is it BevMo/specialty-only...?

It's made by Deschutes Brewery and I first found it at my local liquor store that doesn't have the best selection of craft beer. You should be able to find it at some grocery stores and plenty of liquor stores. Mirror Pond Ale is their big pale ale and you can find that at Rite Aid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad