OT: Beer chat

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
Definitely more a fan of stouts over ipas. Left hand brewing nitro stouts are excellent, I usually just stick with the milk stout. My weekend beer of choice lately has been troegenator by troegs though which is a double bock

Reactions: beach

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Boddington's from Newcastle is my favorite and it can be bought all over the U.S.

I'm not much of a beer drinker anymore and the American lagers just don't do it for me anymore and some of these craft beers are too much too. Boddington's hits that middle for me perfectly when I want to have a beer.

KidThatWonTheCalder

Artist Formerly Known as IslesandHawks
Jun 16, 2011
Very green from tree house, sip of sunshine, heady topper, focal banger, and I love jammer from six point, also mostly anything sour
Wow... I didn't know Very Green made it that far down. I just got done with some Very Green the other week and it's probably my favorite now behind King Julius, which is canned maybe 4-5 times a year at this point.

KidThatWonTheCalder

Jun 16, 2011
I have the 2 new Long Beach Brewing beers in my fridge. The IPA is good. The pilsner is mehh
I'm starting to get back into Pilsners... I went to Tree House a week ago and they had just canned their pilsner and Nate (co-owner, brewer) goes "I remember your GF isn't really into the heavy IPAs, so she should try this" and gave me a 6er of it. That's what I love about these small breweries... I've only talked to him maybe 10 times, but they remember their regulars.

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta
Seems like we have some beer drinkers on this board--lets have some brew discussions, beer trade (if allowed), etc....

Drank some sip of sunshine and singlecut today--some delicious stuff

Stella and Moosehead are my favorites. Only downside to Stella is they have a habit of overflowing when you open them.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
We have several excellent breweries in North Carolina. Highland in Asheville is probably the best. Their Black Mocha Stout is great. Also, the Lonerider, White Street, Big Boss breweries make some really good beer.
Burial beer is one of my favorite breweries. I have to go to Ashville once to see them.

Reactions: beach

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I'm starting to get back into Pilsners... I went to Tree House a week ago and they had just canned their pilsner and Nate (co-owner, brewer) goes "I remember your GF isn't really into the heavy IPAs, so she should try this" and gave me a 6er of it. That's what I love about these small breweries... I've only talked to him maybe 10 times, but they remember their regulars.

Where is tree house? I like to get to as many breweries as possible

KidThatWonTheCalder

Jun 16, 2011
I believe Maine. Probably the best micro brewery in the world may I add.

Edit: It's in Massachusetts...

129 Sturbridge Rd, Charlton, MA 01507
This. It's in Charlton... Beautiful facility. They have an amazing outdoor area as well... It's honestly a place I could spend the whole day.

EDIT: And yeah, I agree this is probably the best microbrewery going right now... At least in the US. People say that they aren't impressed with them lately, but I honestly don't see it. Especially compared to other places out there.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
This. It's in Charlton... Beautiful facility. They have an amazing outdoor area as well... It's honestly a place I could spend the whole day.

ive been trying to get up to their new spot. I went to their old location, it was tiny, and the can limits were super small. I think was able to get 8 cans total when i went. Now you can get a lot more.

KidThatWonTheCalder

Jun 16, 2011
ive been trying to get up to their new spot. I went to their old location, it was tiny, and the can limits were super small. I think was able to get 8 cans total when i went. Now you can get a lot more.
For sure... The new facility is way bigger. For almost of the regular stuff (Julius, Doppelgänger, Green, Etc.) the limit is a case (24) now.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011

or maybe he remembers your pretty girlfriend:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad