Confirmed with Link: Bedard out with fractured jaw, Foligno with fractured finger - UPDATE Bedard appears to be back!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Now..can we please make it so tgat SJ pages ustinkov the standings?

I mean...all this losing andwe still cannot "gain" (that's is Drop in the standibgs) over Sna Jose!

Now with BedRdcout,we shoukd keep losing every game ...surly SJ cannot withstand that and match usvloding ..They cannot be worse than this very depleted team,can they?

It seem preposterous and laughable they maintain the Tank so long even though wexare so very wretched and pitifully unable to compete with anybody yet they also still lose .
It reakkybis unfair......as will be the lotto...where of course we will not get the #1pick (Celebrini) but probably will getcshoved back 2 to draft only 4thv nyway.

As tovall-starcHame...send Vlasic ..hevis our best moat consistently good player.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Sucks that Bedard got injured, but at least it's not an injury to a knee, wrist or a concussion that could hurt his development. So what's that, like half the regulars out with injuries now? By the end of this season, the Hawks will be icing a completely different team than they started with.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I have to go watch the video again but is it not a penalty to make contact with a players’ jaw? Yes it was ‘follow through’ but Bedard’s jaw wa broken because Smiths shoulder made contact with it. Isn’t the jaw part of the head?
He was hit through the body. You can't pick the head. Totally clean hit.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
"We should still be competing every night and showing some semblance of a hockey team, even if we are rostering an entire AHL squad."

-posters on HFHawks probably.

Hopefully 0
The Sharks have lost 10 games straight. It'll be a tough battle for the bottom but I wonder how they're taking their failures

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Bedard still leads rookies in points by 9 (Fantilli is currently 2nd). There are 11 games left this month, and then about a week off to start February thanks to the All Star break.

Hawks first game after that break is on the 7th. A month from tomorrow. Enough time for him to potentially return. Fantilli can go a PPG for the month and still only be a few points up on Connor.

All this to say that the kid still has a good shot at being the best forward rookie in the league. Beating out defenders like Faber, Minty, and LHughes for the Calder might be a challenge, but it's not impossible either.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hopefully this is the one and only lesson he needs to learn to not skate with his head down. Feel bad for the kid but am grateful it’s not a concussion or something with his joints that could debilitate him.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I can’t imagine how uncomfortable a broken jaw would be. As much as I hated my broken wrist, I could at least kind of stop using it substantially for a while
I got mine broken by a sucker punch when I was 16. No fun at all.

• Wow
Reactions: ytsejam

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Disastrous season just got more disastrous.

Luckily it can't get more disastrous than this.

Reactions: Pez68

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
IMG_8053.jpeg

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Hopefully this is the one and only lesson he needs to learn to not skate with his head down. Feel bad for the kid but am grateful it’s not a concussion or something with his joints that could debilitate him.

He didn't have his head down, though. From the looks of it, Bedard was caught by surprise by Smith who was lurking behind another player (Mercer?)

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If Dach wasn’t in concussion protocol he’d probably be getting a shot tbh.

I still don’t think the Calder is out of reach for Connor. None of the rookies have tremendous Points per game. If Connor keeps it close to end the year or even comes back and still has the points lead by 1 point at the end of the season, he’ll still win.

Only guys who have a shot are Fantilli, Faber and Luke Hughes.

Reactions: Dead Meat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad