Pre-Game Talk: Bedard fever

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
You're intellectually dishonest on this subject and are coming in here with an agenda, can't really argue with you on this one, you better find another poster to express your irrational point of view

I'm coming with an agenda when I turn your shitty argument against you?

Sorry buddy, try again, you don't even know the definition of generational and you keep spewing that Bedard is not that after 2 games (it's not a very serious argument to contend with). Enough is enough hey. We'll see if lives to the hype. But he's likely to take a bit longer than others, more so because of his size and what he does vs. his readiness.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Montawall to start

Screenshot_20231011-081908_X.jpg

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I'm coming with an agenda when I turn your shitty argument against you?

Sorry buddy, try again, you don't even know the definition of generational and you keep spewing that Bedard is not that after 2 games (it's not a very serious argument to contend with). Enough is enough hey. We'll see if lives to the hype. But he's likely to take a bit longer than others, more so because of his size and what he does vs. his readiness.

lets just wait and see how he does, no point in fighting right now about if hes gen or not

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Hmm Bedard 2:1, he's sneaky with the uppercut.

Caufield seems like the kind of gentle person that looses all his shits when he's pushed to the brink. I have him over Bedard!

In all seriousness, in my uneducated and often wrong opinion, I see Bedard to be akin a Kane level of player more so than Crosby or McJesus.

Don't underestimate young, hungry players, especially against an unpredictable Habs team.

The Habs are young and hungry as well, especially Gallagher :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Tyson

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
lol because mtl was suppose to finish higher than a bottom 5 team last year? the goalies played over their heads by MILES, mtl was a 32th position team last year. This year, mtl will be a 29th position team at best.

You're doing the mistake to think you saw the team last year, it might true for like 10-15 games max.

And yes, with Caufield, Guhle and Matheson just a little bit more healthy and I think it create at least 4-5 more wins, 8 to 10 points more. And the 2 goalies cost us as many games as they stole some......not one of them is above 90.1%, they didn't turned into Price.....

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
We should. I'll be concerned if we don't. The only thing I could see is Monty shitting the bed but we should out score them big time. I've watched all of Bedard's game so far and Chicago is baaaaad.

Poor Bedard, he's alone out there. Only grandpa Perry got the IQ and skills to play with him.
Yeah but unfortunately for Bedard, Perry cant skate anymore, he is making Pearson looks like a speedster. Hall is out too apparently so Im totally expecting a massacre tomorrow.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
How about you go watch Crosby's first game vs Boston, its available online on youtube... then watch Bedard play.

And there's no levels of generational, the word generational is reserved for the very top end talent. A Generational player is supposed to be able to come in the league and establish his dominance. Bedard is not it, He needs time to develop physically... Crosby was ready physically from the get go.

If you think me being critical means im just here to waste time then i think you have an issue.

I do think the game tomorrow will give us a better idea about where he's at though/

I'm sorry but you're dead wrong. Bedard is a fitness freak already. You should go look at the combine photos, he's ripped.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's another parallel with Crosby who had a boyish face when he got drafted.

Bedard actually looks more cut than Crosby was at 18.

72f7ffce881a7f18e739e16fad31d90a-sidney-crosby-penguins.jpg

3036f-16864097471425-1920.jpg

A player who needs to mature physically is more like Reinbacher:

Reinbacher-Scouting-Combine.jpg
Bedard is a physical beast for a baby faced 18 year old. Watching him play will be fun.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I have it on good authority that drafting Bedard would immediately make a team a contender and that it would be worth it to remove any possibly good player from the franchise to achieve that, though.
I think they see long term future cups. Not immediate contender. Same what they did with Kane and Toews

I’ve got a bridge to sell ya 😂
Where at? Good but? I made ton of money in stock market.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Home opener this Saturday

Will Montembeault start?

$$$ cheapest tix are currently $200...3k in the reds?!

I called Habs PR director to ask if it was an error. It was currently one, because the seats were aready reserved for a long time by Marc Bergevin. They just made a special price for him

:teach:

• Haha
Reactions: Team_Spirit

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I'm sorry but you're dead wrong. Bedard is a fitness freak already. You should go look at the combine photos, he's ripped.

So?

On the ice he's getting bounced around like if he weighted 120 lb

It's another parallel with Crosby who had a boyish face when he got drafted.

Bedard actually looks more cut than Crosby was at 18.

72f7ffce881a7f18e739e16fad31d90a-sidney-crosby-penguins.jpg

3036f-16864097471425-1920.jpg

A player who needs to mature physically is more like Reinbacher:

You're comparing different eras... on the ice Crosby was pretty solid for an 18 years old

lets not go on tagents

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So?

On the ice he's getting bounced around like if he weighted 120 lb

You're comparing different eras... on the ice Crosby was pretty solid for an 18 years old

lets not go on tagents

I'm not going on a tangent, but simply showing it's ridiculous to say Bedard needs to mature physically compared to Crosby at 18, when clearly, Bedard is in as good a shape as Crosby was, if not better.

Crosby got hit aplenty in his rookie season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad