Pre-Game Talk: Bedard fever

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Hopefully he gets hit so many times he is 2 feet tall at the end of the game. jk.

Last edited:

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
She has single handedly ruined any enjoyment I had previously in watching a Chiefs game. The broadcasts now are flat our embarrassing but the ratings tell the real story and that's all that matters.

I'm not an NFL fan so I never watch games. But looking at it from the outside makes me believe the world has gone crazy. 27 millions people watch a game on TV hoping to catch a glimpse of a pop singer in the attendance??? On TV??? Why not just watch a youtube video of her songs, if you like her that much? I really don't get it.

But then, 50% of Americans are still willing to vote for Trump, so I guess that's my answer right there.

Reactions: Deebs

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm not an NFL fan so I never watch games. But looking at it from the outside makes me believe the world has gone crazy. 27 millions people watch a game on TV hoping to catch a glimpse of a pop singer in the attendance??? On TV??? Why not just watch a youtube video of her songs, if you like her that much? I really don't get it.

But then, 50% of Americans are still willing to vote for Trump, so I guess that's my answer right there.
I love the Trump card. Because here in Canada our choices are clearly so much better.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I thought that we collapsed in our zone a bit too much and left a ton of room available in the slot last game. It allowed Matthews to have too much time and space and he burned us, Bedard is a similar player and unless we get a bit more aggressive he will get too many high-quality chances.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I thought that we collapsed in our zone a bit too much and left a ton of room available in the slot last game. It allowed Matthews to have too much time and space and he burned us, Bedard is a similar player and unless we get a bit more aggressive he will get too many high-quality chances.
We had no plan to counter theirs in the last 5 min and the second period was last season all over again, rinse-repeat.And of course Allen was Allen.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We had no plan to counter theirs in the last 5 min and the second period was last season all over again, rinse-repeat.And of course Allen was Allen.
We were disorganized defensively and let's not forget that Allen faced 42 shots, many of which were 15-20 feet from his crease, Samsonov allowed 5 and our shot pattern was nothing like the Leafs. The goalies always get a hard time in Montreal but in all fairness, the keeper can only do so much. We need to learn to tighten up in our own zone.

The prices people are willing to pay are nuts.

"These interest rates are ridiculous! They're killing me!"

*Spends $800 on Habs tickets*
1697299535645.png

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Trade alert !

One of my contacts just told me that between the 2nd and the 3rd, there could be or not a trade between Hawks and Habs . I repeat; there could be a trade or not. Stay tuned

edit ; just received an update, it isn't for bedard.

Reactions: The Real Timo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Is that Tinordi, as in Jared Tinordi? This guy is like a cat, he has 9 lives.
Yes, that's the Habs Jared Tinordi. He's been a cheap replacement level dmen since traded away and played a few games every season in the NHL.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
We were disorganized defensively and let's not forget that Allen faced 42 shots, many of which were 15-20 feet from his crease, Samsonov allowed 5 and our shot pattern was nothing like the Leafs. The goalies always get a hard time in Montreal but in all fairness, the keeper can only do so much. We need to learn to tighten up in our own zone.

View attachment 752661

To be fair with the guys they actually matched the Leafs 5v5 in terms of scoring chances (2.0 expected goals each). But the Leafs are so lethal on the PP…if they play at that level 5v5 all year (I don’t think they will) we won’t be a bottom dweller

Reactions: OldCraig71

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I love the Trump card. Because here in Canada our choices are clearly so much better.

It's a false equivalency IMO.

I'm really, really not a Trudeau fan. I disagree with many of his policies and I actually support Quebec independence. And yet, I would vote for him 100 times out of 100 if the only other choice was a deranged, mentally unstable narcissist and megalomaniac with no moral compass who's willing to sacrifice democracy to replace it by a personality cult and an authoritarian style regime only to flatter his already inflated ego.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Trade alert !

One of my contacts just told me that between the 2nd and the 3rd, there could be or not a trade between Hawks and Habs . I repeat; there could be a trade or not. Stay tuned

is this contact the voices in your head?
;)

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013

View attachment 752661
True, wasn’t as disappointed with the teams overall effort as I was with the lack of the special teams and defense coaching.

Reactions: OldCraig71

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's a false equivalency IMO.

I'm really, really not a Trudeau fan. I disagree with many of his policies and I actually support Quebec independence. And yet, I would vote for him 100 times out of 100 if the only other choice was a deranged, mentally unstable narcissist and megalomaniac with no moral compass who's willing to sacrifice democracy to replace it by a personality cult and an authoritarian style regime only to flatter his already inflated ego.
All of that describes Trudeau to the tee.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Trade alert !

Time to bring back my contact's prediction ; we'll see if the Habs make the trade or not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad