95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Eric Engels might be wrong with his 3k screenshot lol

Resale market for mid sections in the reds is about ~$700 rn

~$450 behind the nets.

SmartSelect_20231013-091316_Brave.jpg

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
With Bedard and the Hawks, the area I ponder about is how long it takes them to surround him with talent. It's kind of like us with Price when he was the 1st big piece in a rebuild and we really struggled to add around him.

3 more years in the bottom 5?
They got Dach in 2019 at 3rd oa, Hawks have been shit for a while. And I suspect the owners won't tolerate a long rebuild so expect them to go UFA hunting as soon as next July with so much cap space available.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They got Dach in 2019 at 3rd oa, Hawks have been shit for a while. And I suspect the owners won't tolerate a long rebuild so expect them to go UFA hunting as soon as next July with so much cap space available.

I don't think filling holes through UFA is a good idea at the stage they are at. If that is their plan, they are going to fail and Bedard will be caught in the middle of it all.

They really need to stay at the bottom for 3 years IMO.

Signing UFA's at age 28, 29, 30+ is getting players who decline for the most part. How often does a guy like Tavares become UFA? Not very often.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I would be so tired of hearing about myself, if I was a fan. There has been too much stuff about me, articles, interviews and everything. I barely played a game in the NHL.

There are so many other good players who deserve to be talked about. »

-Connor Bedard

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Kovasevic should never sit. Nothing fancy, just reliable and steady
Agreed, Guhle and him should remain together for now. thy can sit Savard if they want to take somebody out of the lineup.

Matheson-Barron
Guhle-Kovacevic
Xhekaj-Harris

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Agreed, Guhle and him should remain together for now. thy can sit Savard if they want to take somebody out of the lineup.

Matheson-Barron
Guhle-Kovacevic
Xhekaj-Harris
I think Savard is starting to struggle with the insane speed the league has become, same thing for Gallagher and even Pearson. Smart veterans can only adjust so much as the game keeps getting faster.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That 3rd line, yuck!

Get Dvorak ASAP and call Heineman back!

Heineman-Monahan-Dvorak

Our 3rd line is in trouble when you can't wait for Dvorak to come back. :laugh:

For me, Dvorak coming back means that Monahan can be back on the top line with Nick and Cole. And then Anderson can drop down to the 3rd line with Dvorak.

Last edited:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Out 3rd line is in trouble when you can't wait for Dvorak to come back. :laugh:

For me, Dvorak coming back means that Monahan can be back on the top line with Nick and Cole. And then Anderson can drop down to the 3rd line with Dvorak.
I agree it's even better!

RHP-Dvorak-Anderson would be great for a 3rd line.

Pearson/Gallagher-Evans-Ylonen

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Keep your foul mouth quiet Tyson!

If you say it first, it might not happen? :sarcasm:

I agree it's even better!

RHP-Dvorak-Anderson would be great for a 3rd line.

Pearson/Gallagher-Evans-Ylonen

If the top 2 lines produce, lets go with a RHP / Monahan / Ylonen... 3rd line

4th line could be Dvorak with whoever is trending better at a given time (Gallagher, Evans, Pezzetta, Pearson, Armia).

If Anderson fades with Suzuki/Caufield, we do have the option of moving Monahan with them. Options are a great thing. Then Dvorak takes the 3C with Evans as 4C. Personally, I prefer to have Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield for more than 5 games. It's not enough sample size to evaluate properly. I believe it was a total of 4 or 5 games the entire season last year. That's just not enough for us fans or our management to evaluate. Some posters need to come to grips with that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Out 3rd line is in trouble when you can't wait for Dvorak to come back. :laugh:

I prefer Dvorak to be our 4C ideally. Evans can be depth or push Gallagher off the roster to watch games.

I think Anderson deserves a shot with Caufield/Suzuki for more than 5 games. He may still fade but we have not tried it yet. Stick with it a bit longer before we play musical chairs.

When Dvorak comes back... this is what I would try. But we will have more information with chemistry from now till then (I feel these disclaimers needs to be stated.. haha).

Caufield / Suzuki / Anderson
Newhook / Dach / Slaf
RHP / Monahan / Ylonen
??? / Dvorak / ???

??? = whoever is trending well.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I think we will crush them hard, not really good at predictions, but Ill say something like 6-1 MTL.

We should. I'll be concerned if we don't. The only thing I could see is Monty shitting the bed but we should out score them big time. I've watched all of Bedard's game so far and Chicago is baaaaad.

Poor Bedard, he's alone out there. Only grandpa Perry got the IQ and skills to play with him.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad