Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently WWE is right when they think fans have short-term memories

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Apparently WWE is right when they think fans have short-term memories
I get where you are going with it, but in reality what does Flair actually have to deserve in this match? Since her feud with Becky she's lost time and time again. It really doesn't make sense on a grander scale.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I get where you are going with it, but in reality what does Flair actually have to deserve in this match? Since her feud with Becky she's lost time and time again. It really doesn't make sense on a grander scale.

Charlotte won the title at Summerslam
Becky won at HIAC getting the title and essentially became "The Man"
Charlotte won at Show-Down
Becky won at Evolution
Charlotte DQ finish against Ronda after replacing Becky, where Becky vs Ronda was supposed to happen in the first place
Ronda costs both Charlotte and Becky the title at TLC
Becky essentially steals the Rumble from Charlotte after entering the Rumble when she wasn't supposed to be in there

Like, we can all prefer Becky vs Ronda, that's fine. But to say there's zero reason for Charlotte to be involved is absolute bogus. To bash Charlotte for some weird reason, is bogus.

Ronda, Becky and Charlotte have all elevated Women's Wrestling to what it is currently, and I am very excited to watch the Triple Threat match they do, mainly because Charlotte and Becky can tear the house down like they did at Evolution, while Ronda gets her spots in as well.

If ya'll can't enjoy it, then that sucks.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
51325083_10161636852060722_5502426845087268864_n.jpg

made this today, its getting good attention on twitter so remember your boy when people start to steal it

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
By the way, there's still an awesome Charlotte/Asuka rematch for the SD Women's title to be had. That would also be best for business.

Reactions: ColePens

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Charlotte won the title at Summerslam
Becky won at HIAC getting the title and essentially became "The Man"
Charlotte won at Show-Down
Becky won at Evolution
Charlotte DQ finish against Ronda after replacing Becky, where Becky vs Ronda was supposed to happen in the first place
Ronda costs both Charlotte and Becky the title at TLC
Becky essentially steals the Rumble from Charlotte after entering the Rumble when she wasn't supposed to be in there

Like, we can all prefer Becky vs Ronda, that's fine. But to say there's zero reason for Charlotte to be involved is absolute bogus. To bash Charlotte for some weird reason, is bogus.

Ronda, Becky and Charlotte have all elevated Women's Wrestling to what it is currently, and I am very excited to watch the Triple Threat match they do, mainly because Charlotte and Becky can tear the house down like they did at Evolution, while Ronda gets her spots in as well.

If ya'll can't enjoy it, then that sucks.

No one is saying the story doesn't make sense... people are just NOT interested in Charlotte in THAT spot at THIS moment.

WWE did it to themselves by Roman-ing her. They are also doing her a huge disservice by putting her in that spot. People will turn on her like they turned on Roman. And no, heat is not always good. People will not boo her because she is a good heel, they will boo her because they do not want to see her in that spot. I fail to see how that's good for business. People want Ronda vs Becky and are invested in Ronda vs Becky. Charlotte is just an annoyance to the viewer. Her being there doesn't add anything. She is just being shoe-horned in the top program... again.

Charlotte is awesome in the ring and she is definitely deserves to be on top or near the top... we just need a breather. Go with Becky vs Charlotte for SS. Build it slowly. One thing at a time, no need for her in that match and, to me, no added value.

Reactions: KIRK and Huggy43

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I posted a tweet earlier, either in this thread or another, that showed the vast number of title shots or PPV matches Charlotte had compared with the other call-ups (Asuka, Sasha, Becky, Bayley), and how far ahead Charlotte was at the time.

There's a reason why the fans are just so tired of seeing her, AGAIN, gift-wrapped yet another shot at a championship. So goddamn stale. :laugh:

EDIT: Dammit, it was earlier in this thread (post 388), but it got removed. Some instagram post. Still, though.....Vince's infatuation with Charlotte is nauseating.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What the hell is in the cards for Asuka at WM? Sasha and Bayley will likely be tied up in the tag title scene, Becky and Charlotte will be in an inter brand triple threat for Raw’s title... are we gonna get Naomi or Carmella or Peyton in the SD match? Or all four? Smackdown’s women’s division is a big mess after the big three.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean I definitely agree that Asuka/Flair should be part 2 at WM. Flair cheating to beat her would be cool and go full on heel. Open the show w/ that great stuff and close it with Ronda/Becky. Women open and close the show.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If Charlotte is indeed being put in the Ronda/Becky match, I can see a multi woman match since all the remaining women don't have enough single star power to have a match with Asuka. Something like Asuka vs. Naomi vs. Carmella vs. Deville/Rose.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gauntlet match where Asuka demands to come out at #1

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean I definitely agree that Asuka/Flair should be part 2 at WM. Flair cheating to beat her would be cool and go full on heel. Open the show w/ that great stuff and close it with Ronda/Becky. Women open and close the show.

And there should be zero reason to believe that a title match with Asuka is “beneath” Charlotte, and if people think that. Well that is creative’s fault (and could be fixed if they were bothered to).

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Why wouldn’t Charlotte want that belt back? Shouldn’t she simply go after the path of least resistance?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The only kayfabe reason is that Becky is 100% right. Charlotte is just a copycat and a clinger.

She has no real beef with Ronnie, or stake in RAW’s belt.

Throw Bliss in the match too just so you can have more blondes in there. Not like there is rhyme or reason to this beyond that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The only kayfabe reason is that Becky is 100% right. Charlotte is just a copycat and a clinger.

She has no real beef with Ronnie, or stake in RAW’s belt.

Throw Bliss in the match too just so you can have more blondes in there. Not like there is rhyme or reason to this beyond that.

Wrong again

Ronda and Charlotte finished their match in a DW finish after Charlotte brutally assaulted Ronda. Ronda then cost Charlotte AND Becky the title at TLC.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Wrong again

Ronda and Charlotte finished their match in a DW finish after Charlotte brutally assaulted Ronda. Ronda then cost Charlotte AND Becky the title at TLC.

Again, why isn't she challenging Asuka?

I mean other than the fact the SD Woman's title is now apparently irrelevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad