Becky Lynch Thread

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I was hoping for a Bayley-to-Belly on Rousey instead of a handshake, just prior to Becky's entrance. Bayley lays out Rousey and storms backstage, passes Becky on the ramp, Becky just stands over Rousey and declares her intentions to challenge at Mania.

That would've been cool.

Reactions: KIRK and TD Charlie

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The Bayley to Belly should be killed with fire.

I know, and it's not even a suplex, really. Still, though, showing SOME fire from Bayley post-match would've been cool, instead of her just meekly exiting the ring once Becky's music hit.

What exactly happened after the Rumble, anyway? Rousey had the same post-match "respect" thing with Sasha, Sasha walked away....but then did she come back and make a 4 horsewomen reference? That's what it looked like. Would've been cool to see Bayley build on that.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Becky and Bayley exchanged some 4s before Becky got in the ring, but the camera didn’t catch it.

Like even if Rousey had extended her hand to Bayley who was slumped against the ringpost, and Bayley holds her hand out.....but then changes it to flash 4 fingers.

Cue Becky.

That would've been better than what they did.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know, and it's not even a suplex, really. Still, though, showing SOME fire from Bayley post-match would've been cool, instead of her just meekly exiting the ring once Becky's music hit.

What exactly happened after the Rumble, anyway? Rousey had the same post-match "respect" thing with Sasha, Sasha walked away....but then did she come back and make a 4 horsewomen reference? That's what it looked like. Would've been cool to see Bayley build on that.

Let Sasha carry that flag, so the story can be that she's the one who wants it (since it's the truth). They're not going to it yet, but people will remember.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ah, there it is.

So I guess the long-term plan is still for Becky/Charlotte/Bayley/Sasha to unite and take on Rousey/Baszler/the other two?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bayley is just so odd in that situation. I just can't buy into her being legit like the other 3... Charlotte is a beast, Becky is on fire and Sasha at least has an edge to her character at times. Bayley is just a muppet. Maybe if she can add some depth instead of being a mega geek, sure.

Reactions: KIRK

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ah, there it is.

So I guess the long-term plan is still for Becky/Charlotte/Bayley/Sasha to unite and take on Rousey/Baszler/the other two?
It's a plan at some point. I'd save it for WrestleMania next year and give Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir enough time. They teased it as far back as the first Mae Young Classic, but they've done the right thing holding on it for as long as they can right now. Hopefully everyone's around to do it in a year.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Bayley is just so odd in that situation. I just can't buy into her being legit like the other 3... Charlotte is a beast, Becky is on fire and Sasha at least has an edge to her character at times. Bayley is just a muppet. Maybe if she can add some depth instead of being a mega geek, sure.

Would you have taken Becky seriously a year ago?

Bayley is a very good worker no matter what her character or push. I'd argue she's better than Becky in ring. I think both are closer to Sasha than given credit for and all have more experience than Charlotte. The bond between them is they all have strengths and weaknesses as in ring performers that compliment each other.

They are not the problem in this scenario, it's the other two who just started who are going to get elevated into something when we have no idea who they are.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Would you have taken Becky seriously a year ago?

Bayley is a very good worker no matter what her character or push. I'd argue she's better than Becky in ring. I think both are closer to Sasha than given credit for and all have more experience than Charlotte. The bond between them is they all have strengths and weaknesses as in ring performers that compliment each other.

They are not the problem in this scenario, it's the other two who just started who are going to get elevated into something when we have no idea who they are.
I'm not saying she's a bad worker at all, I just don't think she really brings a legitimate threat to anyone in there. You know? I'd like to see her character change up a bit and get a bit more bad ass before the program. Charlotte looks imposing, Becky's character is fantastic and Sasha has a bit of an edge to her. Bayley coming out dressed like a crayon is kind of lame in this scenario. Her mic work is god awful, too... but you can hide that.

It's like having Seth, Dean, Ambrose and No Way Jose vs The Undisputed Era. I know that's not the case, but you know?

Reactions: Sami Salo

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Characters have to evolve and in the case of Becky she did. I don't know if Charlotte needs to because she's never not going to be a position of a top star. Sasha, on Sunday she made people remember, but she and Bayley, we'll never truly know how far they can evolve until they're allowed to turn heel. She should be following a course such that Allie did on Impact.

Reactions: KIRK

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I think Bayley can actually be built in such a way where she's the weak link who gets picked off at first (like Robin in the Justice League) because of the idea of how goofy she is but turns out to be the ultimate hero of the story.

Feb 24, 2017
I'm not saying she's a bad worker at all, I just don't think she really brings a legitimate threat to anyone in there. You know? I'd like to see her character change up a bit and get a bit more bad ass before the program. Charlotte looks imposing, Becky's character is fantastic and Sasha has a bit of an edge to her. Bayley coming out dressed like a crayon is kind of lame in this scenario. Her mic work is god awful, too... but you can hide that.

It's like having Seth, Dean, Ambrose and No Way Jose vs The Undisputed Era. I know that's not the case, but you know?
Sheild with special guest no way jose :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Characters have to evolve and in the case of Becky she did. I don't know if Charlotte needs to because she's never not going to be a position of a top star. Sasha, on Sunday she made people remember, but she and Bayley, we'll never truly know how far they can evolve until they're allowed to turn heel. She should be following a course such that Allie did on Impact.

Bayley does have an edge. Sasha brought it out in NXT and once during the failed feud. Since there's no point in separating them (no one really wants to see it because they know how tight they are in real life and it wouldn't be believable), maybe have Sasha bring it out of her at the EC as tag champs? Something like "Everyone tells you you're the hugger who's always nice and never a threat. Well I know better, because I've seen it and felt it. If we want to be tag champs, you're going to have reach deep inside yourself and be prepared to release that fury that I know you have."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bayley does have an edge. Sasha brought it out in NXT and once during the failed feud. Since there's no point in separating them (no one really wants to see it because they know how tight they are in real life and it wouldn't be believable), maybe have Sasha bring it out of her at the EC as tag champs? Something like "Everyone tells you you're the hugger who's always nice and never a threat. Well I know better, because I've seen it and felt it. If we want to be tag champs, you're going to have reach deep inside yourself and be prepared to release that fury that I know you have."

I disagree about people wanting to see it because it got a huge reaction when Bayley finally turned. Problem was they walked it back because it wasn’t the reaction they wanted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad