Confirmed with Link: Beaulieu to the Jets for a 6th.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
This guy makes bad decisions. That's not going to change.
Yeah, I didn't trust him in the d zone whatsoever. He was quite possibly the worst dman in the league last season, and was markedly improved this year to his credit. But I understand why they chose a more steady defensive guy like Hunwick over him.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Beaulieu looks good in the system the Jets are playing. He's not being asked to carry the puck much. Jets are leading the Blue Jackets 3-2 in the 2rd. Blake Wheeler tipped in Beaulieu's point shot for the go ahead goal.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Based on some of the stuff here......we had very low expectations of Beaulieu. But so far, he has played very well. Looks like a guy with some tools, who can be effective when ``keeping it simple``

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Based on some of the stuff here......we had very low expectations of Beaulieu. But so far, he has played very well. Looks like a guy with some tools, who can be effective when ``keeping it simple``

He did that in limited time this season. Last year he was terribad.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Tyler Fedun is having a good season. It's time when looking at things other than the coach are a waste.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Tyler Fedun is having a good season. It's time when looking at things other than the coach are a waste.

Of all the players that left the Sabres in the last season and a bit...

ROR, Fedun, Kane, Lehner, among others, are doing better.

Chad is still bad...

Pouliot isn't playing...

Antipin is putting up career high numbers in the KHL, guys like Nolan are helping their AHL team...

at what point is it that the players aren't being put in the proper position to succeed, whether that be by coaching or management>

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
ROR was doing fine, he just mailed it in last season. Kane was good too. Lehner had problems and plays in a better system.
Sometimes, playing in a losing environment can emphasize the bad things more than the good things.

Still, i agree to some extent, development has to be better, but let's just give Botteril some time, things like that don't turn around within a year.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
ROR was doing fine, he just mailed it in last season. Kane was good too. Lehner had problems and plays in a better system.
Sometimes, playing in a losing environment can emphasize the bad things more than the good things.

Still, i agree to some extent, development has to be better, but let's just give Botteril some time, things like that don't turn around within a year.

Well, this is year two under Botts/Phil.

It will be interesting to see how long the leash is on each of them given that they were DFL last year and have imploded this year.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Of all the players that left the Sabres in the last season and a bit...

ROR, Fedun, Kane, Lehner, among others, are doing better.

Chad is still bad...

Pouliot isn't playing...

Antipin is putting up career high numbers in the KHL, guys like Nolan are helping their AHL team...

at what point is it that the players aren't being put in the proper position to succeed, whether that be by coaching or management>

Clearly it's the coaching. That's what my post is suggesting. This is all about coaching, unless ownership or management are telling Housley how to coach. If they are it's on them.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

This is year two, next year will be three. How many years do you need? If it doesn't succeed does that mean the next coach/GM get another 3-4 years?

Needs to happen this off season or GTFO.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
As others have said, it should be underscored that he was terrible last season (even he said so) but much improved his year. Pretty much everyone wanted him to play over Scandella and Hunwick.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
In addition, look at the team around them. The Winnipeg Jets have players on their second line that would be easily on our first line. That truly gives an offensive minded puck moving defensemen like Beaulieu a shot at racking up more points than he had with Buffalo. In addition, Housley is a dolt.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
As others have said, it should be underscored that he was terrible last season (even he said so) but much improved his year. Pretty much everyone wanted him to play over Scandella and Hunwick.
Yup, I really wanted to see what we had in him, but Housley gon Housley

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Yup, I really wanted to see what we had in him, but Housley gon Housley

He was actually starting to get playing time and was doing well, then he suffered an injury (arm, I think?) and was not the same after that and got virtually no playing time. I wish him well; the Sabres didn't give him a fair shake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad