Confirmed with Link: Beaulieu to the Jets for a 6th.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
My pure speculation: Botts wanted way more than Beaulieu was worth (after all, he paid more than he was worth to get him), but couldn't get any biters, then as other teams grabbed their depth D and the deadline approached he circled around and just got whatever he could. AKA the Chris Stewart redux.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Pout? Lmao..another poster said they wouldn't have got anything for him he has been bad..so I said so we continue to play him game after game costing us points when we have better options..then you got involved being a smartass.you and I are allowed to argue a point without getting personal.We are both Sabre fans.I respect everyone's opinion and I don't take anything personal unless I get disrespected

You quoted me, after I explained why he wasn't getting traded, with a sarcastic response that just chose to ignore reality in favor of complaining. It was pointless. You want to make dumb mini rants, don't be surprised to get called out by the person you quote and respond to.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
My pure speculation: Botts wanted way more than Beaulieu was worth (after all, he paid more than he was worth to get him), but couldn't get any biters, then as other teams grabbed their depth D and the deadline approached he circled around and just got whatever he could. AKA the Chris Stewart redux.

I more figure that there just wasn't going to be any interest until most Dmen were gone. Nothing Botterill could do to salvage his trade value today.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
You quoted me, after I explained why he wasn't getting traded, with a sarcastic response that just chose to ignore reality in favor of complaining. It was pointless. You want to make dumb mini rants, don't be surprised to get called out by the person you quote and respond to.
It was Rowley Birkin and because I don't agree with playing Scandella I am getting called out? Are you ok?

kp2575

Ray's Pocket Square
Feb 11, 2015
PDX
You have a guy that has publicly said he wants to play and would move to another team if that meant more playing time. He also has basically sat for the majority of the last 30 games, while he has played well this season he is coming off a horrible season after mediocre years in Montreal. Then you have a team that has nine defensemen on the roster and have to move one before the end of the day.

What trade leverage did they have?

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
You have a guy that has publicly said he wants to play and would move to another team if that meant more playing time. He also has basically sat for the majority of the last 30 games, while he has played well this season he is coming off a horrible season after mediocre years in Montreal. Then you have a team that has nine defensemen on the roster and have to move one before the end of the day.

What trade leverage did they have?

Shelve Scandella for the year so he can fully recover from whatever injury he may have and send down Hunwick to Rochester.

Beaulieu plays, Rochester gets a vet, Scandella can focus on next season.

kp2575

Ray's Pocket Square
Feb 11, 2015
PDX
Shelve Scandella for the year so he can fully recover from whatever injury he may have and send down Hunwick to Rochester.

Beaulieu plays, Rochester gets a vet, Scandella can focus on next season.

I’d have no problem with that but I think his public comments did him in.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
He looked alright.

He looked okay for the Sabres too, at least this season. Then he got injured and lost any momentum he was building with the organization. I tend to agree with him in that he was mishandled/misused by HCPH and if he can do better somewhere else, go for it. I know he had a history with Montreal that made them want to move him, but I think that reputation turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy with respect to Housley's view of him.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Housley mishandling of him was bizarre.Good skater, liked to join the rush physical, the only player willingly to drop gloves and can actually fight big time.Was playing very well unlike last year when he was like Scandella was this year.Got injured and lost his spot to Scandella Huntwick, etc.25 years old and moved him for nothing.It really scares me how bad Housleys evaluation of players are.I guess my question is what do the assistants say about player usage? I can't see Steve Smith not voicing his opinion.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This trade sucked

Given how bad Scandella has been going back to preseason (remember we were wondering if his vertigo issue was something deeper?) and yet Beaulieu kept being nailed to the bench even though his on-ice play was considerably better than last year (granted, it would be hard to be worse), is it any surprise that he asked to be moved? Again, the lack of actual accountability for bad play is making a clear two-tiered system within the team between those who the coach favors and those he doesn't. That isn't going to unite the room and this sort of talent bleed for the detriment of the team will continue.

Last edited:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
The Jets were in dire need of D with 2 of their regulars on the shelf so I would say the balls were in JB's hand

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Post #70, you quoted me...and FWIW, I don't want Scandella on the team either.

With one year left on his deal after the season ends, he'll be far more tradable in the off-season. Likewise with Bogosian, though at this point I'm fine with holding onto him for the remainder of the contract. He's been solid this season. (I was one of many who was marking untradable #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad