Confirmed with Link: Beaulieu to the Jets for a 6th.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Because they thought Beaulieu could be good and he wasn't.
Well we just got softer which is what Housley wanted.Nate played well this year way better than the pylons Scandella and Huntwick,I hope when he plays us he unloads on somebody.Damn I hate having nobody to protect our stars.Burke was just talking about that for Toronto he doesnt understand it about Leafs not trying to get tougher and neither do I for the sabres

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
There's no way he was being resigned. We're already paying Hunwick 2.5m to be a 7/8D. Why pay someone else to do the same?

Beaulieu sucked for the most part. Hope it works out for him but good riddance.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Color me shocked, Winnipeg grabs another former Buffalo Defenseman. (Myers, Kulikov)

But, in all seriousness, wish him the best of luck.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I hope he does well in Winnipeg. Hopefully he's able to showcase himself enough where he can get a deal next year. He is a NHL caliber d-man, so that shouldn't be an issue for him. It's not like some of these other clowns we've had playing for us in the past who should have never seen the ice in the NHL.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Should be a w/e for me but still manages to piss me off that Hunwick and Scandella are in the lineup instead of Beaulieu.

Should be obvious why Beaulieu was the guy moved.

It's an unpopular opinion here but I'm also hopeful Scandella can return to last year's form. Nobody is trading for him at this point with 1yr /4m left while he is hurt either way.

Hunwick is staying around to get the pick upgrade. Next season he's gone.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
He's a RFA not UFA. He couldve been traded in the offseason

Should've just kept him of theres no market for anything better than a 6th. Worst case you just don't qualify him. That's practically equivalent to a 6th which is a throw away.

Would've rather moved Scandella and the return might've been better.

I guess maybe Beau actually did want out and it had to happen.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

It's an unpopular opinion here but I'm also hopeful Scandella can return to last year's form. Nobody is trading for him at this point with 1yr /4m left while he is hurt either way.

Yep. Some forget about the Hunwick stipulation.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I imagine Scandy was on the table but that kind of got ruined by his injury. Wasn't really concerned with the return, just glad we got one of the D out of here.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Good luck to him. Now he'll need to pray for an injury before he sniffs the ice. Personally, I would have held on to him.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
There's no way he was being resigned. We're already paying Hunwick 2.5m to be a 7/8D. Why pay someone else to do the same?

Beaulieu sucked for the most part. Hope it works out for him but good riddance.
He actually didnt suck this year.He played well played tough but Housley loves Scandella who alarmingly went from a decent defencemen to one of the worst in recent memory and laughly Huntwick.This is similar to Sobotka upfront.Between Scandella and Sobotka playing lots of minutes I pray this cost Housley his job he is killing this team

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
See ya' Nate. The first of Bott's promising moves and now on to greener pastures. I doubt he would've been tendered this summer.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

How does Scandella even fit into the team? We have Risto, Montour, and Bogosian on the right side. Anytime this happens Housley just throws Scandella with Risto on his off side which ends in a statistical and visual disaster.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
He actually didnt suck this year.He played well played tough but Housley loves Scandella who alarmingly went from a decent defencemen to one of the worst in recent memory and laughly Huntwick.This is similar to Sobotka upfront.Between Scandella and Sobotka playing lots of minutes I pray this cost Housley his job he is killing this team

I've said it before - I suspect there is something going on with Scandella probably health related. Also hoping that whatever it is gets fixed & he returns to last seasons form.

RE Hunwick see post above. An upgrade from 4th to 3rd is probably worth more than a 6th.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
How does Scandella even fit into the team? We have Risto, Montour, and Bogosian on the right side. Anytime this happens Housley just throws Scandella with Risto on his off side which ends in a statistical and visual disaster.

R = Risto, Montour, Bogo, Nelson
L = Dahlin, McCabe Pilut, Scandella

If Scandella returns to form he improves that group. If he doesn't then he is on the last year of his deal & gets moved.

Where's does Beaulieu fit ?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
R = Risto, Montour, Bogo, Nelson
L = Dahlin, McCabe Pilut, Scandella

If Scandella returns to form he improves that group. If he doesn't then he is on the last year of his deal & gets moved.

Where's does Beaulieu fit ?

On the roster over Scandella and Pilut is just going to sit in the AHL or get scratched 24/7 anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad