Confirmed with Link: Beaulieu to the Jets for a 6th.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Scandella costs even more and hes nothing more than a 7D at this point.

So at this point if you're another team why do you trade for that? Especially when said player is already on IR?

Right now Scandella is on the books for next year. Nothing we can do about that. Best hope is that he returns to 17/18 form & contributes. Worst case is that he continues to decline & we see out his contract for one more year.

What does adding Beaulieu as a 7/8 achieve? Other than potentially meaning your healthy scratches on D are making 7m combined.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
So at this point if you're another team why do you trade for that? Especially when said player is already on IR?

Right now Scandella is on the books for next year. Nothing we can do about that. Best hope is that he returns to 17/18 form & contributes. Worst case is that he continues to decline & we see out his contract for one more year.

What does adding Beaulieu as a 7/8 achieve? Other than potentially meaning your healthy scratches on D are making 7m combined.

Why does someone trade Skinner for essentially nothing? Why does someone trade ROR for a bunch of dead weight? Who knows what goes on in their heads, its not outside the realm of possibility to trade someone like Scandella.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Funny, he was SOOOO bad last season. He seemed to have gotten over his metal issues this year in limited minutes and dressings. I'm not sure exactly what occurred to facilitate that change. Was it Steve Smith? Was it Phil???
Or was his performance this year a direct result of a limited sample size?
Or do we simply have rose colored glasses on for those not named Marco?

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Funny, he was SOOOO bad last season. He seemed to have gotten over his metal issues this year in limited minutes and dressings. I'm not sure exactly what occurred to facilitate that change. Was it Steve Smith? Was it Phil???
Or was his performance this year a direct result of a limited sample size?
Or do we simply have rose colored glasses on for those not named Marco?

Plastic surgery.
Marco and Nate swapped faces.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I've said it before - I suspect there is something going on with Scandella probably health related. Also hoping that whatever it is gets fixed & he returns to last seasons form.

RE Hunwick see post above. An upgrade from 4th to 3rd is probably worth more than a 6th.
Oh I agree with Scandella but you going to trot him out there costing us games when do you stop? I don't care about later picks,I want to put best product on ice to give us a chance to win.Scandella this year doesn't give us that chance

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
He's a RFA not UFA. He couldve been traded in the offseason

Should've just kept him of theres no market for anything better than a 6th. Worst case you just don't qualify him. That's practically equivalent to a 6th which is a throw away.

Would've rather moved Scandella and the return might've been better.

I guess maybe Beau actually did want out and it had to happen.

There were 24 players on the roster, with 9 Dmen. One of them had to go, and Rowley has explained why it wouldn't be Hunwick or Scandella.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yes Scandella has been garbage this season. But lest we forget he was a solid top 4 D last year and before we hear more bitching about his contract remember we got him for...Tyler Ennis and Foligno, who are TWO bad contracts. Scandellas gone next summer. Maybe he rebounds in a contract year. Bogo rebounded why not Scandella who is still on the right side of 30.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Oh I agree with Scandella but you going to trot him out there costing us games when do you stop? I don't care about later picks,I want to put best product on ice to give us a chance to win.Scandella this year doesn't give us that chance

Right now Scandella is on IR not in the lineup.

Next year he's either in the LU because he's playing well, he's a depth player or he's traded.

Housley's misuse of certain players really blinkers some people on these forums...

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Right now Scandella is on IR not in the lineup.

Next year he's either in the LU because he's playing well, he's a depth player or he's traded.

Housley's misuse of certain players really blinkers some people on these forums...
As it should.He is a professional coach.Play the players that give you the best chance to win not who you like personally.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Don't like this one- he was serviceable. 6ths almost never turn into anything.

My guess is that Botts is actually a decent dude and wanted to honor Beau's trade request. The upside of it is that MAYBE this improves out reputation around the league.

Minor move, but it hurts us if we're in for this year.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Well if you can't trade him what else do you want? I know, I know...something dumb like waive him, bench him every game even if injuries leave 5 other healthy Dmen, or LTIR him against the CBA. I'm sure you have an answer...
Casey Nelson should be playing.rotate Scandella and Huntwick..you don't need to be an idiot

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
You could have posted that first, instead some dumb response pouting about him still being on the team just to pout.
Pout? Lmao..another poster said they wouldn't have got anything for him he has been bad..so I said so we continue to play him game after game costing us points when we have better options..then you got involved being a smartass.you and I are allowed to argue a point without getting personal.We are both Sabre fans.I respect everyone's opinion and I don't take anything personal unless I get disrespected

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad