OT: Beatles Survey (and General Beatlemania Thread)

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Thanks to all who have participated in the survey so far. I was originally hoping to even hit 50 responses after a week and it's already at 36. At this point I'm planning to keep the survey open until about 5:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, then I'll compile and post the results. In the meantime, keep up the good discussion and feel free to share the survey with any Beatles loving, liking, or tolerating friends or family you have.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
All I know is that if Mother Nature’s Son isn’t your favorite song off the White Album then you’re wrong.

Black bird deserves a mention, but I ain't arguing! I still have my LP that I bought in 1978, and recently listened to the whole album on a turn table.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks for sharing! I was raised on the Beatles and Steely Dan, and both still hold a big place in my musical heart, although I'd say the Beatles more so (must have played about a dozen or so Beatles songs during my wedding, including my first dance - Till There Was You Beatles Version, and dance with my Mother - In My Life).

I took a Music of the Beatles (was more focused on the historical aspect of the music) class my senior year of college. Only class I received 100% grade in throughout my college career. The Beatles play such a big role in shaping popular music today, as well as most other genres. They are without a doubt in my mind, the most influential musicians.

I took your survey and am interested in the results.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Black bird deserves a mention, but I ain't arguing! I still have my LP that I bought in 1978, and recently listened to the whole album on a turn table.
We have every American vinyl release still and a I rip them quite frequently. Still sound good. Some more beat up than others. Got them from dad.

Reactions: Tarantula

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Thanks for sharing! I was raised on the Beatles and Steely Dan, and both still hold a big place in my musical heart, although I'd say the Beatles more so (must have played about a dozen or so Beatles songs during my wedding, including my first dance - Till There Was You Beatles Version, and dance with my Mother - In My Life).

I took a Music of the Beatles (was more focused on the historical aspect of the music) class my senior year of college. Only class I received 100% grade in throughout my college career. The Beatles play such a big role in shaping popular music today, as well as most other genres. They are without a doubt in my mind, the most influential musicians.

I took your survey and am interested in the results.
Hey! Danced to In My Life with my wife at our wedding. I don’t think most people get to dance to their favorite song of all time for their first dance at the wedding, but I was lucky enough to be able to.

Reactions: flyguy

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
They are one band I wish I saw live. Unfortunately, I was -18 in 1978 lol. Blackbird is great, however, I have heard the song way too much to be enamored by the soft music now. MNS is one that has been time-tested which has not failed for me.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Here's a cover of One After 909 for anyone interested

Me on drums and high vocals (and scream)

Dad on rhythm and low vocals

Uncle on lead

Family friend on bass

We mostly winged this at the end of the set as a bit of an "encore". There is a few screw ups. Brought to you by my friend's iPhone in 2016

I liked how you guys kept the Danny Boy part at the end. Have you ever done the slower Anthology version?

Reactions: DancingPanther

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Various memes stolen from Instagram and contextless screenshots from the tv cartoon
20200613_130923.jpg

20200613_130822.jpg

20200613_201805.jpg

20200613_201737.jpg

photo.jpg

tumblr_inline_o9n4erxFYS1tmiz4d_1280.png

tumblr_p5ra06IQHC1vqkpdvo1_1280.png

tumblr_inline_o91brf5okD1tmiz4d_640.png

tumblr_inline_oix7n9idSy1tmiz4d_500.png

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Unpopular opinion: I like the Anthology version more than what’s on Let It Be.
Ditto

We also do Dr Robert, I've Got a Feeling, Dig a P, and I Don't Want to Spoil the Party pretty consistently
Dr. Bob is another deep track I like but I didn't include it because, like I said earlier, I've listened to Revolver so much and love each song like my own child. (Spoiler) I'm disheartened that it's currently tied for least favorite song on Revolver

Off the topic of Dr Robert, you mentioned For No One earlier. That's a top 10 Beatles song for me. Not just top 10 favorites, but top 10 they ever did. It deserves the same fame as Eleanor Rigby, but again, the entire album does

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Ditto

Dr. Bob is another deep track I like but I didn't include it because, like I said earlier, I've listened to Revolver so much and love each song like my own child. (Spoiler) I'm disheartened that it's currently tied for least favorite song on Revolver

Off the topic of Dr Robert, you mentioned For No One earlier. That's a top 10 Beatles song for me. Not just top 10 favorites, but top 10 they ever did. It deserves the same fame as Eleanor Rigby, but again, the entire album does
For No One just cracked my top 30. Terrific song all around and with a French horn to boot!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Ditto

The middle harmonies in Dr. R are f***ing tough. Just like in Lady M.

And those f***ers make it so easy. When you tear down those songs and the music therein it really opens a third eye that not a lot of folks can experience truly.

What I mean is if you are a musician, with real, in depth musical knowledge, some of those songs/chords/harmonies/etc will blow you away

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad