Bears & NFL Talk LXII: Down goes the Rams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
It depends on how hell bent he is on being a head coach. I know the Bears can be cheap but they could easily pay him to try and get him to stay.

What options will be out there this offseason?
Vic is already the highest paid DC in the NFL

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Really hope they can find a way to retain Vic but it seems less and less likely
I am skeptical Vic Fangio gets a head coaching gig. He is a 60 year old DC. SF picked Jim Tomsula over Vic Fangio. He'll get interviews ... but I think his time for HC has passed.

It's about finding the new offensive YOUNG minds nowadays. Nagy, Reich, and even Shurmur had their successes this year. Willis and Patricia have been disasters. Vrabel ... has done relatively well.

Green Bay, Denver, Jets, Tampa, Carolina, Cleveland, Cincy ... almost all these teams are looking for offensive minds. Perhaps Cincy, Denver, and Carolina might consider defensive minds. That said, the current coaches for those teams are all defensive minded coaches.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Money is not the issue. Vic wants a HC gig. He wanted one last year. It's more a question if a NFL team wants him.

I'm surprised he has not got a chance, after this season some team is going to probably make him an offer. He has interviewed but IMO does not come across well.

Teams are also focused on these dynamic offensive play callers so defensive guys are being passed over. I've been a huge Vic fan since the Bears signed him so it will be tough to replace him.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
How about the job the Oline did against donald and co last night? Pretty damn good. Trubiskys whole hot & cold act is pretty scary. And could get us knocked out of the playoffs early if he doesnt figure out his consistency.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
How about the job the Oline did against donald and co last night? Pretty damn good. Trubiskys whole hot & cold act is pretty scary. And could get us knocked out of the playoffs early if he doesnt figure out his consistency.

I mentioned it last night. Daniels was really good (he had support) and the scheme was really solid.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I mentioned it last night. Daniels was really good (he had support) and the scheme was really solid.
Yup. Daniels will be a key part of our line for a while hopefully. Man is he good

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

He's actually a critical part of our defense. Slot corners are extremely valuable nowadays. Let's hope he's only out for the regular season. To be ruled out of the game almost immediately after the injury is not good.

Injuries has always been the issue with Bryce. It will probably prevent him from getting the big contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad