OT: Bears & NFL Talk 94

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Don’t know what anyone does for a living but if you’re one of the 10 best at your job in the world you’re probably making several millions of dollars a year

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Even crap NFL QBs generate loads more revenue than us plebs. If they didn't get paid, then billionaire owners and the Davises would just hoard more money.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Don’t know what anyone does for a living but if you’re one of the 10 best at your job in the world you’re probably making several millions of dollars a year
For sure. This isn’t a criticism of how much they’re making. Every now and then it’s baffling to see the huge difference between to their paycheck and the average American’s.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Not sure about that. How much do you think the 10 best social workers make? The ten best fireman? Ten best nurses?

I had a hella good 7th grade English teacher. Problem is she couldn’t pack 80,000 into a stadium to watch her teach.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
For the last month +, there's been quiet rumors the Titans want to make a big move up. Now it's supposedly them wanting CJ Stroud. So now with word Jeffery Simmons has scrubbed his Instagram of Titans stuff...

Assuming the Colts don't want to play ball here and make a trade, here's the next ideal scenario. Extort the #12 out of Houston in a swap of #1 and #2. This is with the idea that Houston highly likely want Bryce Young. You then turn to Carolina and Tennessee. Ask them for their best offer to move up to #2. Carolina you want a package based around Brian Burns, the #9 pick and a 24 1st, and Tennessee you want a package starting with Simmons, #11 and a 24 1st. See who adds more to that and go that route.

In the end, if Poles can come out of this with 2 picks in the 9-12 range, a 24 1st rounder and a young anchor to the d-line, that's a massive win for the Bears if he can pull that off.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Why not both? Barring a huge overpay by one team, Bears SHOULD be trading down quite a bit in this draft with teams and accumulate as much draft capital as possible.. this draft and the next one. This isn't a one year fix.

Because Houston isn’t paying 3 first round picks to move up one spot. They probably won’t pay 2

Reactions: Idionym

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Lol at the Giants. That contract for the mediocre daniel jones? Just LOL. They saw SEA get stupid with Gene and went hold my beer.
I'd be pretty happy if Fields could have a similarly productive year as D Jones just had. D Jones isn't dynamic, but he was solid last year, accounted for ~4000 total yds, 22 TD and the lowest int% in the league, with a very mediocre recievng corp. Signing a solid, or average, QB in today's market is about $40 mil, especially once Burrow, L Jackson, Tua, Hurts, etc sign. Whether Jones will regress or improve next year is anybody's guess.

I agree that $35-40 mil for your standard okay QB seems like a crazy overpay, but the market seems to suggest otherwise. D Carr also got $37 mil and he isn't anything special.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
For the last month +, there's been quiet rumors the Titans want to make a big move up. Now it's supposedly them wanting CJ Stroud. So now with word Jeffery Simmons has scrubbed his Instagram of Titans stuff...

Assuming the Colts don't want to play ball here and make a trade, here's the next ideal scenario. Extort the #12 out of Houston in a swap of #1 and #2. This is with the idea that Houston highly likely want Bryce Young. You then turn to Carolina and Tennessee. Ask them for their best offer to move up to #2. Carolina you want a package based around Brian Burns, the #9 pick and a 24 1st, and Tennessee you want a package starting with Simmons, #11 and a 24 1st. See who adds more to that and go that route.

In the end, if Poles can come out of this with 2 picks in the 9-12 range, a 24 1st rounder and a young anchor to the d-line, that's a massive win for the Bears if he can pull that off.

Sorry but you're not getting Burns or Simmons + 1st round pick in a pick swap

Simmons a young 2nd team All Pro will be traded by Titans for value if he is moved. Also the scrubbing social media is tactic that is used every offseason to draw attention and speculation. Most players ultimately are signed and then put it right back up

And why would Panthers move one of the best young pass rushers in NFL (12.5 sacks this past season) with 1st to move up?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

Simmons a young 2nd team All Pro will be traded by Titans for value if he is moved. Also the scrubbing social media is tactic that is used every offseason to draw attention and speculation. Most players ultimately are signed and then put it right back up

And why would Panthers move one of the best young pass rushers in NFL (12.5 sacks this past season) with 1st to move up?

Because they don’t want to give up multiple future firsts and additional picks in this draft

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

I thought the Houston trade was the more unrealistic one I had there lol. Teams that struggle to find QB's will move pieces they think are more easily replaced to fill that QB slot.

Trading up to #1 or #2 to get a QB is going to hurt. There's no getting around that. It hurt the Bears to move from #20 to #11 for Fields. This is way more amplified than that.

I’d rather get a future 1 than 12
I'd be ok either way. I'd probably agree with you, but you know that would be the Cleveland 24 pick, not the Houston one. They wont give that up for this.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
B789ED08-CAAD-46D3-8907-C7F04EF95380.jpeg

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I'd be pretty happy if Fields could have a similarly productive year as D Jones just had. D Jones isn't dynamic, but he was solid last year, accounted for ~4000 total yds, 22 TD and the lowest int% in the league, with a very mediocre recievng corp. Signing a solid, or average, QB in today's market is about $40 mil, especially once Burrow, L Jackson, Tua, Hurts, etc sign. Whether Jones will regress or improve next year is anybody's guess.

I agree that $35-40 mil for your standard okay QB seems like a crazy overpay, but the market seems to suggest otherwise. D Carr also got $37 mil and he isn't anything special.
Thats the problems, carr/jones/Smith should not be getting paid (AAV) anywhere close to what elite QBs like Mahomes are getting. Thats the reason for the "LOL at the Giants." 4.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Strange the Titans aren't on there. They've been quietly rumored to want the #1 for at least a month now. But as said, for the Bears to move that far down, they would have to pay dearly. It would start with Simmons. And it feels highly likely that the team Poles was referring to that offered the 3 #1's would be them.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There’s talk that the WWE is trying to push for regulators to allow gambling on their scripted matches.

If there’s a will, there’s a way to make money off that degeneracy.

Reactions: Malaka and Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad