OT: Bears & NFL Talk 91

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Also, underrated terrible call was running the ball on third and 3 to settle for a 51 yard FG and go up by 1. f***ing stupid scared to grab the game shit. Play to win.
Meh. After seeing a third and 9 run play inside the 10 yd line, going for a Monty TD, hard to criticize a run on third and 3. I imagine there was a block or two missed by line; probably by Mustipher or Patrick but would have to see replay. Bears just don't have a talented enough group of receivers to trust one getting open, even for a short pass.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Meh. After seeing a third and 9 run play inside the 10 yd line, going for a Monty TD, hard to criticize a run on third and 3. I imagine there was a block or two missed by line; probably by Mustipher or Patrick but would have to see replay. Bears just don't have a talented enough group of receivers to trust one getting open, even for a short pass.
Monty averaged 1.7 ypc yesterday and the bears minus fields averaged under 2 ypc. It was a super conservative playcall, especially considering how Fields played in the second half. Its the kinda thing I think you get with a lot of defensive minded HC's, they always believe their defensive will get the stop instead of trusting their offense.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
My apologies to Mustipher and Patrick. Looks like Borom completely whiffs of his blocing assignment and lets Monty get caught from behind. 'Course Mustipher's block isn't very good either

Reactions: Pez68

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

"The issue is that the Bears have surrounded Field with ... ... ... a lot of players who wouldn't have been playing on other teams."

Hmmmm, I wonder who's responsible for the collection of hot garbage (I think that's really the wording the host was swallowing back on) surrounding Fields.

Yeah poles is responsible but it was done like that on purpose.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Yeah poles is responsible but it was done like that on purpose.

So Poles is deliberately not wanting to find out what they (or as far as he is concerned, the previous regime) got in Fields, contrary to what the media and at least some of of the fans are clamoring to? Sink or swim, with by far the League-worst receiving corps, a suspect and inconsistent OL, and the often one-hand-tied-behind-the-back offensive playcalling.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Devante Adams made a huge mistake but sports are extremely emotional, and people lose their cool. I am not absolving Adams of what he did, but I can understand a player having an outburst after another frustrating loss.

He should have a major fine and get at least a game or two suspension.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I know Kelce is a great TE but what kind of defense allows him a free release at the goal line and to not be covered, after he's already caught 3 TD passes in the game.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I know Kelce is a great TE but what kind of defense allows him a free release at the goal line and to not be covered, after he's already caught 3 TD passes in the game.
He caught 7 passes for 25 yards.

Apparently winning doesn't matter. 38 year old Rodgers has won as many conference championships as Rex Grossman and obviously doesn't belong in the goat conversation, but any replies to this post will be negative disagrees.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I'm not some jackass

[mod]

Anyone who played pop Warner know QB’s on set plays are throwing to a spot. The receiver isn’t standing there. … yet.

Just like the pick 2 weeks ago where you and Moms basement moderator ripped Fields when the receiver slowed down and made a soft rather than sharp cut.
Keeps running and cuts Sharp … it’s complete.

Fields may or may not be the guy but you are either dead wrong or guessing on nearly all of your takes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Giovi

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Actually you are.
You pretend to know on set passing plays where the receiver is supposed to be.
You don’t have a clue.
Anyone who played pop Warner know QB’s on set plays are throwing to a spot. The receiver isn’t standing there. … yet.

Just like the pick 2 weeks ago where you and Moms basement moderator ripped Fields when the receiver slowed down and made a soft rather than sharp cut.
Keeps running and cuts Sharp … it’s complete.

Fields may or may not be the guy but you are either dead wrong or guessing on nearly all of your takes.
We do the best we can as fans.
We're not in the meetings with the players and they're the only ones who know who messed up in that situation.

I've watched enough football to know what anticipatory throws are.

Don't pretend like you have all of the answers either.

At the end of the day, it's just our opinion, man.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
We do the best we can as fans.
We're not in the meetings with the players and they're the only ones who know who messed up in that situation.

I've watched enough football to know what anticipatory throws are.

Don't pretend like you have all of the answers either.

At the end of the day, it's just our opinion, man.
Some opinions are right. Other opinions are wrong. It's a fallacy made up by stupid people, that all opinions are equal.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Some opinions are right. Other opinions are wrong. It's a fallacy made up by stupid people, that all opinions are equal.
Opinion=gray area.

If people try to turn facts into opinion because the facts don't align with their argument, then I agree with you.

The point I was making was that without being in the meetings we don't know whose fault that INT was. We don't have enough information to know

If there was a definitive right/wrong then it would be a fact and not an opinion, no?

It's ok to disagree with someone without being condescending.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
^ Good post. Many HF posters have opinions that their generation is the best that would get laughed at outside of here. When LeBron was with the Heat, he lost finals to 2 TX teams that were much less talented and couldn't even win the 2004 Olympics with all the best players, except Kobe.

Bonds never hit more than 34 HRs without PEDs and his 7 year career wasn't even close to the HoF before he started cheating and his head size doubled. These 2 and Aaron "1 conference title" Rodgers are considered goats here, although they're obviously not.

• Haha
Reactions: hawksrule

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
^ Good post. Many HF posters have opinions that their generation is the best that would get laughed at outside of here. When LeBron was with the Heat, he lost finals to 2 TX teams that were much less talented and couldn't even win the 2004 Olympics with all the best players, except Kobe.

Bonds never hit more than 34 HRs without PEDs and his 7 year career wasn't even close to the HoF before he started cheating and his head size doubled. These 2 and Aaron "1 conference title" Rodgers are considered goats here, although they're obviously not.
Is this post satire? Bonds didn’t start taking ped’s until 2000/2001, his 15th year, at which point he was already a roy, 3x MVP, and an absolute hall of famer. And lol at Lebron not being an all time great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad