OT: Bears & NFL Talk 91

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I dont recall ANYONE getting this type of treatment. Rodgers geta some softies, but not like that
Oh yes he does

Can’t wait to see KBS spin this as a negative for Fields

No way, Fields played well in the 2nd half.
Not much to criticize once the nerves calmed down. He was inaccurate early though.

He doesn't have any help.

I'm not some jackass who will find reasons to hate players they didn't like when acquired.

I'm always willing to be fair and allow them to win me over.

Hopefully Fields keeps building on this as he becomes more comfortable in the offense.

JMO but the OL is a bigger issue than the WRs.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Oh yes he does

No way, Fields played well in the 2nd half.
Not much to criticize once the nerves calmed down. He was inaccurate early though.

He doesn't have any help.

I'm not some jackass who will find reasons to hate players they didn't like when acquired.

I'm always willing to be fair and allow them to win me over.

Hopefully Fields keeps building on this as he becomes more comfortable in the offense.

JMO but the OL is a bigger issue than the WRs.
Surprised you’re actually giving him credit, but that’s good of you.

Reactions: Idionym

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Also, underrated terrible call was running the ball on third and 3 to settle for a 51 yard FG and go up by 1. f***ing stupid scared to grab the game shit. Play to win.
Especially the way fields was playing. Eberflus sendin mixed messages. Goin for 2, onside kick, but then that play on 3rd. Defense was absolutely pathetic in the first quarter and the last drove though.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Especially the way fields was playing. Eberflus sendin mixed messages. Goin for 2, onside kick, but then that play on 3rd. Defense was absolutely pathetic in the first quarter and the last drove though.
Eberflus doesn't make decisions of what play is called.

Going for 2 sure, onside kick sure.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Don't want to overreact to one game (or really one half) of QB'ing from Fields, but hopefully this game will be a turning point in his season. While it's just as (if not more) likely that he's more the last few games than that last half, I think it's reasonable that he has had a longer adjustment period to the new offense because the team around him is horrific.

Josh Allen had a horrible start to his 2nd year, not as bad as Fields' but still.

Regardless, I'm feeling much more optimistic than yesterday about Fields. If he can improve on this or even just look like this going forward (i.e. competent with flashes of brilliance) then I think we could move into next year with the plan to build around him as opposed to move on from him.

Knowing our luck, though, he's going to regress next week and I'll be back aboard the Stroud/Young/Levis train. The life of a Bears fan I guess.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Does Lamar Jackson qualify for being good enough to get a coach fired? Do people look at Baltimore and think they should have won more by now, so it must be some fault of the offensive coordinator or something like that?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Does Lamar Jackson qualify for being good enough to get a coach fired? Do people look at Baltimore and think they should have won more by now, so it must be some fault of the offensive coordinator or something like that?

That’s an interesting question, and I don’t know.

I honestly think him and Harbaugh might just be a perfect match and neither would be better off without the other.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

"The issue is that the Bears have surrounded Field with ... ... ... a lot of players who wouldn't have been playing on other teams."

Hmmmm, I wonder who's responsible for the collection of hot garbage (I think that's really the wording the host was swallowing back on) surrounding Fields.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I'm trying to be optimistic. Pace emptied the cupboards and put the bears in a real bad cap position and had relatively little talent to show for it. I think Poles did the right thing by blowing it up, if he doesn't do a lot to address OL and WR by the start of next season, then I'll worry. That said, I think they really should cut Pettis and that Smith guy because theyve both shown they cannot be trusted AT ALL just like that clown Wims that pace and nagy let f*** them big.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad