OT: Bears & NFL Talk 91

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't care when Bonds started, he was a legitimate all-time great.

Dude terrorized pitchers and managers league-wide. Even accounting for steroids, you can count on one hand the number of batters on his level throughout baseball history.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Wasn’t Bonds averaging something ridiculous like 2 walks a game? Steroids or not he was the best I’ve ever seen. I liked Manny Ramirez’s swing a little more personally but BB’s swing and plate presence in general was a technical masterpiece for anyone who played the game and could appreciate those nuances.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Wasn’t Bonds averaging something ridiculous like 2 walks a game? Steroids or not he was the best I’ve ever seen. I liked Manny Ramirez’s swing a little more personally but BB’s swing and plate presence in general was a technical masterpiece for anyone who played the game and could appreciate those nuances.
Barry Bonds has more intentional walks than the Tampa Bay Rays in their history as a team.

Reactions: Pez68

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
^ Good post. Many HF posters have opinions that their generation is the best that would get laughed at outside of here. When LeBron was with the Heat, he lost finals to 2 TX teams that were much less talented and couldn't even win the 2004 Olympics with all the best players, except Kobe.

Bonds never hit more than 34 HRs without PEDs and his 7 year career wasn't even close to the HoF before he started cheating and his head size doubled. These 2 and Aaron "1 conference title" Rodgers are considered goats here, although they're obviously not.
I feel the need to reiterate, this is the worst sports take I’ve ever seen.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Bonds was the greatest hitter since WW2.
Even when he was on the Pirates teams that made the playoffs (in 1990 they lost the LCS to the Reds who beat the heavily-favored A's in the WS) he was generally thought to be on a HOF-level trajectory. Sure, no one would've guessed that he would get to the level of dominance that he reached with the Giants, but his already great career was only enhanced by the performance enhancing drugs. It made for better theater. Sports are about being entertained, which is why I've basically given up railing against crooked refereeing, players cheating, and probable lottery fixing in the NBA/NHL. If any of it makes more money for a league, they'll find a way to make it happen.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
So Poles is deliberately not wanting to find out what they (or as far as he is concerned, the previous regime) got in Fields, contrary to what the media and at least some of of the fans are clamoring to? Sink or swim, with by far the League-worst receiving corps, a suspect and inconsistent OL, and the often one-hand-tied-behind-the-back offensive playcalling.
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad