OT: Bears & NFL Talk 87

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

Barkley made horrible mistake to stay in school and cost himself alot of money but he has carved out a nice career as wait by phone guy at this point

Part of me wondered if his people were hearing he was going to drop so he went back to try to prove himself.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Barkley is one of those guys like Josh McCown. Good guy/great teammate and will make millions and millions playing in the NFL as a backup. You'll look up and be like 'damn, dude was in the league for like 15 years'

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Part of me wondered if his people were hearing he was going to drop so he went back to try to prove himself.
I never believed the draft hype of him either, reminded me like Jimmy Clausen times when really they clearly just threw passes to great reviving talent but lacked nfl skill

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

It was still mistake

Worst case he is drafted somewhere between 5-10 (He was ranked vastly higher then Tannehill and Weeden who went in first round)

Staying another year lead to him being a 4th round draft pick

No matter how you look at it he cost himself a ton of $ with that decision

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Anyone watching that game left with impression the officials were either corrupt or incompetent.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
BTW I have no idea why the Bears didn't just hire Mike Pettine for DC. They should really demote Desai and promote Pettine if Nagy is staying.

BTW I hate to burst everyone's bubble but if Fields is the goods, Pace/Nagy aren't going anywhere for a while.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
BTW I have no idea why the Bears didn't just hire Mike Pettine for DC. They should really demote Desai and promote Pettine if Nagy is staying.

BTW I hate to burst everyone's bubble but if Fields is the goods, Pace/Nagy aren't going anywhere for a while.
So a known bad coordinator and head coach that was merely good under Rex Ryan directly only?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cam Newton back to Carolina

One of the most blatant PR moves in NFL in sometime. Simply attempt by Panthers ownership to keep butts in seats and eyes on TV screens

Good Payday for Newton though he was clearly beyond done as starting QB in this league

Also what shitty situation for Walker

Being told no matter how you perform going forward you will be replaced by Netwon

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The NFL is such a joke.

Especially all NA sports fine systems. I guess idk how the MLB does it but a fine like that actually impacts a fringe practice squad guy yet stars making 10s of millions get the same fine. It should be salary proportional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad