OT: Bears & NFL Talk 87

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Brown/Briggs saying Smith and others shouldn't complain about officials as leaders of team

f*** that , guys thru league on D call out BS like that and are viewed as "Leaders" in locker room

Infact a leader who makes significantly more $ is the guy who can come out and let frustration/anger be known.. Little guys on D cant do that and handle NFL fines

Hell Ravens D for years never held back tongues with regard to officials screwing them over vs Pats and were praised for it

Reactions: Idionym

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Robinson finally making some plays and injured now ,, Figured it was hammy or ankle with way he went down on sideline

Hicks as always "Hurt" when Bears need him out there the most

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Smith is going to be fined

He's not wrong, though. Feel like the refs stole that game from the Bears.

With that said, Bears are going to end up giving up a top 10 pick to the Giants, which is fine if Fields contends his current upward trend. There is absolutely no way the Bears can convince fans that keeping Nagy and/or Pace is what's "best for the Bears" if this team ends up losing double digit games.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He's not wrong, though. Feel like the refs stole that game from the Bears.

With that said, Bears are going to end up giving up a top 10 pick to the Giants, which is fine if Fields contends his current upward trend. There is absolutely no way the Bears can convince fans that keeping Nagy and/or Pace is what's "best for the Bears" if this team ends up losing double digit games.

The issue wasn't Pace giving up draft capital this draft (Fields is justified). It's him giving up draft capital in moving up for Tevin Jenkins and also in prior years setting this franchise back not to mention all the shit contracts and mortgaging the future cap with all these restructures for the present. Kevin White, Leonard Floyd, Mitchell Trubisky, Anthony Miller, etc. etc. etc.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Pats fan coming in peace… That was some bullshit officiating and it seems like generally most people see it that way so maybe something will get done about it. Pretty embarrassing for the NFL.

The taunting penalty was ridiculous especially at that point of the game when the momentum was clearly switching.

Fields looks like he’s gonna be the real deal.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Making that call at that point of the game is one of the most audacious things ive ever seen an official do.

Reactions: Sir Loin

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Looking at a lot of Twitter feeds by analysts, players, media types and even LeBron. Even the post game on ESPN. Every single person saying how this was the worst officiated game ever and talking about the hip check

Exciting game that came down the wire and the topic is the refs. I’m sure this is what the NFL wants!

there is no way Corrente survives this.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Looking at a lot of Twitter feeds by analysts, players, media types and even LeBron. Even the post game on ESPN. Every single person saying how this was the worst officiated game ever and talking about the hip check

Exciting game that came down the wire and the topic is the refs. I’m sure this is what the NFL wants!

there is no way Corrente survives this.
Theres 0 accountability for officials in pro sports unless they gamble on games.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Theres 0 accountability for officials in pro sports unless they gamble on games.

Yep. I was just killing a little time looking on Twitter. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE in the world of football is commenting on this. It might be a watershed moment in the NFL.

Every single tweet I see is saying the same thing. The general sentiment is that this was the worst officiated NFL game ever and people really really questioning the integrity of Corrente and the officials particularly as it relates to NFL betting being legal this season.

We've seen bad calls, but we've never seen ANYTHING like that. The head officially hip checking a playing to initiate a flag that change the outcome of a game? This is ESPN 30 for 30/Netflix Bad Sport level stuff.

I saw guys like former Bears players, media analysts, Shannon Sharpe, Desmond Howard, hell even LeBron tweeting about it.

Goodell ain't gonna be able to make this go away. I'd bet there are a lot of Zoom calls going on about this today...

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Yep. I was just killing a little time looking on Twitter. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE in the world of football is commenting on this. It might be a watershed moment in the NFL.

Every single tweet I see is saying the same thing. The general sentiment is that this was the worst officiated NFL game ever and people really really questioning the integrity of Corrente and the officials particularly as it relates to NFL betting being legal this season.

We've seen bad calls, but we've never seen ANYTHING like that. The head officially hip checking a playing to initiate a flag that change the outcome of a game? This is ESPN 30 for 30/Netflix Bad Sport level stuff.

I saw guys like former Bears players, media analysts, Shannon Sharpe, Desmond Howard, hell even LeBron tweeting about it.

Goodell ain't gonna be able to make this go away. I'd bet there are a lot of Zoom calls going on about this today...
They will either completely ignore it or address it tangentially in some broader statement. Youre reading way too much into twitter buzz.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Feel like the taunting play overshadowed a worse call on Daniels and an even worse non call on fields getting roughed

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm going to predict that Fields will throw for 5 TDs on Thanksgiving.
Can you at least try to take a rational and measured approach? You went from ranting about how Fields is “terribad” and trying to drag me for supposedly thinking he’s flawless, to now predicting five TDs in a game. Just a wild swing from one extreme to the other.

Also, when he ends up not throwing the five TDs and “fails” to live up to your ridiculous expectations, you’ll likely swing back to claiming he’s “terribad” and not ready to be in the NFL.

He’s going to take steps forward, but also fall back at times. Just sit back and enjoy the strides as the come. It’s quite literally the only thing we can do.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Can you at least try to take a rational and measured approach? You went from ranting about how Fields is “terribad” and trying to drag me for supposedly thinking he’s flawless, to now predicting five TDs in a game. Just a wild swing from one extreme to the other.

Also, when he ends up not throwing the five TDs and “fails” to live up to your ridiculous expectations, you’ll likely swing back to claiming he’s “terribad” and not ready to be in the NFL.

He’s going to take steps forward, but also fall back at times. Just sit back and enjoy the strides as the come. It’s quite literally the only thing we can do.
It's because Detroit is awful.

It's not an expectation as much as it's an indictment on Detroit.

Can we also agree that Fields first half was awful?
I started ripping him in the 2nd quarter.

BTW with Robinson injured I bet they bring Perriman back

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It's because Detroit is awful.

It's not an expectation as much as it's an indictment on Detroit.

Can we also agree that Fields first half was awful?
I started ripping him in the 2nd quarter.

BTW with Robinson injured I bet they bring Perriman back
Ya, because that’s the only time you’ve completely over reacted to a very small sample of play and used it to define the guy…
(This is sarcasm, btw)

Reactions: clydesdale line

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
All of sports media is in. Hell even Florio is entertainining 'the fix is in' angle and every single comment on ProFootballTalk agrees with him

I think this is more than just 'bad officiating' thing. I thing this could be a watershed moment in the NFL where an officiating overhaul starts.

Network announcers (especially MNF) are paid to prop up the league. There are literally billions of $ riding on it. I've NEVER heard a broadcast crew go that hard on the officials. Even Levy made a comment in the second quarter that Nagy is gonna have to watch himself in post game presser about fines.

That's a big deal when the announcers call it out. You never really hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad