OT: Bears & NFL Talk 87

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
{QUOTE} Madgoat33
Who cares what he did in college? He was playing on a team that had far more talent than almost every single opponent. Not to mention, no bama saban qb has done anything at the NFL level yet, so its not like its shocking hes not looking great so far. Not to say he cant become a good qb, but his history at alabama isnt even close to a guarantee. {/QUOTE}

And who was Saban's QB's at Alabama before Tua? Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Jake Coker, Jalen Hurts, Blake Sims. Not exactly the world's greatest collection of talent at the QB position. So comparing Tua to those guys is really unfair.

What his play at Alabama shows is that he can play. I agree is (his play at Bama) no guarantee to NFL success, but this young man as a FRESHMAN, came into the Nat'l Title game and eventually led the team to the title, that including a 40 something yard bomb to Devonta Smith. So how it is that Nick Saban can bring it out of him but Brian effin Flores cannot?

All I asked of Miami (or whoever ends up with him) is put Tua is the best position to succeed (and he will succeed), and Miami never did that.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
{QUOTE} Madgoat33
Who cares what he did in college? He was playing on a team that had far more talent than almost every single opponent. Not to mention, no bama saban qb has done anything at the NFL level yet, so its not like its shocking hes not looking great so far. Not to say he cant become a good qb, but his history at alabama isnt even close to a guarantee. {/QUOTE}

And who was Saban's QB's at Alabama before Tua? Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Jake Coker, Jalen Hurts, Blake Sims. Not exactly the world's greatest collection of talent at the QB position. So comparing Tua to those guys is really unfair.

What his play at Alabama shows is that he can play. I agree is (his play at Bama) no guarantee to NFL success, but this young man as a FRESHMAN, came into the Nat'l Title game and eventually led the team to the title, that including a 40 something yard bomb to Devonta Smith. So how it is that Nick Saban can bring it out of him but Brian effin Flores cannot?

All I asked of Miami (or whoever ends up with him) is put Tua is the best position to succeed (and he will succeed), and Miami never did that.
Vince young, marcus mariota, matt leinart, sam bradford, Etc...tons of guys were great college qbs but couldnt transition to the nfl. Tua has shown nothing to give anyone confidence he will be a great nfl qb.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Vince young, marcus mariota, matt leinart, sam bradford, Etc...tons of guys were great college qbs but couldnt transition to the nfl. Tua has shown nothing to give anyone confidence he will be a great nfl qb.
All listed guys I had no clue why they were starting so soon as rookies. Especially the runners who get stunted later when they're hurt or don't read from the pocket well or even total spread O college guys like Bradford. Yeah they have the talent but then you don't gamer home mechanics and footwork to pair with that talent and some may have moments but fizzle out long term.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The Chiefs defense is so bad but man Mahomes looks like crap too.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Mahomes is ass this year

All those prayers he chucked before now aren’t going this favor. I’ve also seen him throw some really terrible passes right into the dirt. Kind of weird how bad he’s been.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
NFL officiating is a joke. What else is new.

GB game? Thought you couldn’t advance a fumble. I’m watching without sound so not sure what announcers and the rule douche have said.

Also that’s on the QB for not getting in on the prior play. Slide way too early and still could have avoided the hit while scoring.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
All those prayers he chucked before now aren’t going this favor. I’ve also seen him throw some really terrible passes right into the dirt. Kind of weird how bad he’s been.
Just reverting to the mean imo. Lol at people thinking he was going to be the next Brady.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Really interested to see how Fields does. The Tampa defensive line is nasty, but their secondary is awful and Sherman is out. Fields if protected should have some WRs to move the ball downfield with.

David, Gronk and Brown out for Tampa too.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
GB get away with blatant DPI on 4th and 2 in the end zone with a ref watching an unobstructed view?

Can hardly believe it.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Really interested to see how Fields does. The Tampa defensive line is nasty, but their secondary is awful and Sherman is out. Fields if protected should have some WRs to move the ball downfield with.

David, Gronk and Brown out for Tampa too.

You really don't think Nagy is going to take advantage of a depleted secondary this week when he didn't last week, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad