OT: Bears & NFL Talk 85

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Options are limited if you want a stadium on the lake.

Does anyone other than you want to see the Sox in Soldier or on the lake near the city?

Just not a good idea with that many home dates and trying to feet 20,000 people to the stadium on a Tuesday during rush hour.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
As a kid growing up I loved heading into the city for Bears games. I'm no longer a Chicagoan, but ever when I'm in Chicago I have no desire to go to Soldier Field ever since that ridiculous renovation.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Comiskey is a much easier to access location for fans, being right on top of the red line and the interstate and with ample parking, and after pumping a huge amount of money to fix the initial issues is a much better experience to attend games at as well. It makes zero sense for the Sox to want the mess that is Soldier Field.

Let the MLS team that nobody cares about keep it and have it as a location for rugby games as well. Maybe see if some billionaire wants to set up shop in the city now that the Bears might be abandoning it as well to inherit it.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Honestly, I love Wrigley but the Cubs should have moved to the burbs as well. Every time I go to Miller Park I’m jealous.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The Rate is outdated and isn't in the greatest location. There's about a decade left on the lease at the 35th/Shields location and you're high if you don't think Sox ownership is going to want a new stadium.

Obviously, you have not gone to many Bears games vs. Sox games. The Cell is so much easier to get in and out of with ample parking for tailgating. The Cell or the Rate or whatever it is, it's old at this point and there is no denying that, however, they have completed many upgrades over the years and it's a fairly nice ballpark. Also, the Sox when they are average struggle with attendance. Not a great idea to put them in a more difficult place to get to.

I don't know why this is even a discussion. If the Bears leave it doesn't mean some other team has to fill it. It does leave the door open for a 2nd NFL team. Some speculate this is just a negotiation tactic to get something from the city/park district.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Jesus, just fire this clown already.
I'm guessing you're watching Nagy's presser; normally on Thurs but has decided to change to Wed.

Both Dalton and Fields will take snaps today. Dalton is #1, Fields #2 but who starts on Sun may depend upon if either shows any lingering injury. Nagy never said he's turning over playing calling to somebody else; wants to keep that in-house for now. Says all the feedback this week has been genuine, real and they're looking to fix/improve based on that feedback. Basically Nagy spent ~15 min talking and saying nothing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I’m honestly expecting it to be a ploy to get more out of the city as well.

What exactly can they get from city to keep them?

- They cant get a new stadium built especially not on lake
- The city has no interest in spending $ to rebuild/expand Soldier Field

The Bears play in 2nd smallest stadium in NFL and that is simply an issue that cant be helped unless a major rebuild of Soldier Field occurs

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Reporter: "Did you decide who will be the play caller on Sunday?"​

Nagy: " So, what we’ve done is we’ve… uh I think probably the best part of the last 48 to 72 hours is we’ve had some amazing, healthy conversations between coaches and coaches, between coaches and players, players and players, players and coaches. That’s what I appreciate the most, and so without getting into specifics of what we’re gonna do and how we’re gonna do it with not just that stuff but other topics, I’m gonna keep that internal, um… and I think that’s the best part right now for us is the fact that, that’s what I found going through this, is there's a few things that you learn through people, is you learn through having raw honest conversations, its healthy, its good, it enables you to realize, um, you know why things happened, and I think too its really good from a coaching perspective to have the talks and communication, open communication with the players. And so, you take what they give you, and you use it, and that’s really what I’m gonna do, that’s what we’re gonna do, its what their gonna do, and week 3 right now being 1-2, and having a loss that stings like that, sometimes it just recalibrates you and makes you refocus on certain things, and in a good way. And I think the players understand from my perspective where I come from and how real I am. How hard I am on not just them but myself and that I'm about solutions man, I am not about negativity, I am not about anything but trying to do what's best for the bears at anything. You know what I mean? And so id be sitting here lying to you all if I said its been easy, darn right it hasn’t been easy. Its been hard. But when I signed up for this job I knew there was gonna be times when I go through this kinda stuff, and now I'm getting tested to see where I'm at with this. And I know in the core of who I am, and I know in the core of who our players are, and I know what were about, and when you see the people that come to bat for you behind the scenes that’s to me what gets you through this kind of stuff, and so, again, that’s what gets you going. And that’s what helps you go as you have these other conversations, and you accept it and you move on, and that’s what I'm about. The criticism is fair. I go back to the game, and again, the more you’re in it, the more you see it. You gotta move on, but you also gotta accept it. And that’s what I’m gonna do moving forwards."

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Sherman to Bucs is a real example of "privileged" term that people like to talk about and throw around

Cant say I am shocked by this

Honestly I had forgotten all about it. Did they ever charge him with anything? All I remember was him banging on a door.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Honestly I had forgotten all about it. Did they ever charge him with anything? All I remember was him banging on a door.

The judge dismissed felony charge and he plead not guilty to four misdemeanors

He was then free to go on his own recognizance with the judge putting forth this BS

"I see Mr. Sherman is a pillar in this community, he's a business owner, he's a husband, he's a father," judge Fa’amomoi Masaniai said.

As to why charge was dropped and why he would be able to leave on his own recognizance. A regular joe doing what he did would not have been treated same and that regular guy would have lost his job

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The judge dismissed felony charge and he plead not guilty to four misdemeanors

He was then free to go on his own recognizance with the judge putting forth this BS

"I see Mr. Sherman is a pillar in this community, he's a business owner, he's a husband, he's a father," judge Fa’amomoi Masaniai said.

As to why charge was dropped and why he would be able to leave on his own recognizance. A regular joe doing what he did would not have been treated same and that regular guy would have lost his job

Not sure why you’re acting surprised that the rich and famous aren’t treated like regular Joe’s.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
It's annoying that it took KC, not even half a season to figure out that Matt Nagy sucks as play caller (hence they were probably laughing at the Bears when they hired him) but going on four years the Bears are like, "well, hold on, he still might be getting it."

The fact that we are even discussing taking play calling duties away from Nagy for a SECOND TIME makes it painfully clear Nagy sucks at all things offense. And the fact that he is considering going back to a gimpy Dalton is laughable. Yeah Fields sucked last week but who didn't, you cannot sit Fields. Justin must continue to get reps to play through this. There is nothing Fields can learn by standing on the sidelines, holding a clipboard.

Reactions: Panzerspitze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad