OT: Bears & NFL Talk 85

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
It's annoying that it took KC, not even half a season to figure out that Matt Nagy sucks as play caller (hence they were probably laughing at the Bears when they hired him) but going on four years the Bears are like, "well, hold on, he still might be getting it."

The fact that we are even discussing taking play calling duties away from Nagy for a SECOND TIME makes it painfully clear Nagy sucks at all things offense. And the fact that he is considering going back to a gimpy Dalton is laughable. Yeah Fields sucked last week but who didn't, you cannot sit Fields. Justin must continue to get reps to play through this. There is nothing Fields can learn by standing on the sidelines, holding a clipboard.
If the gameplan is going to look like last week, nagy will just end up ruining fields. He'll develop bad habits and likely start rushing feeling pressure even if there isnt any because hes getting lit up expected to be a strictly pocket passer. If he hasnt done so already, one more game even close to last week, and Nagy should be forced to give up playcalling.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I will be sad to see the Bears leave Chicago but I get why they want to and there's really nothing the city can offer them (realistically) to make them want to stay.

I just hope there's not a single f***ing penny of public money spent on the stadium.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I will be sad to see the Bears leave Chicago but I get why they want to and there's really nothing the city can offer them (realistically) to make them want to stay.

I just hope there's not a single f***ing penny of public money spent on the stadium.

It's a tough one because the city knows how much revenue the Bears generate. If the Bears did leave hopefully it would open up Chicago to another owner with deep pockets. I can't see the Bears leaving IL but Arlington is a possibility.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Maybe the mccaskeys will move the team to indy in the middle of the night. Make this franchise their problem then a real franchise can move to chicago.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
It's a tough one because the city knows how much revenue the Bears generate. If the Bears did leave hopefully it would open up Chicago to another owner with deep pockets. I can't see the Bears leaving IL but Arlington is a possibility.

Hopefully it sends a message. Chicago has been bleeding off money, businesses, etc. for the last few years and it's only getting worse. My company decided earlier this year to join the exodus and they're moving us down south. Nobody cares if xxx company with 160 employees picks up and leaves (they should care though, if hundreds of similar ones are leaving), but the Bears, with the monster revenue they generate for the city?

They have to though. Tourism has been falling for years, crime has been skyrocketing and setting homicide records and much more. Either the Bears are serious about moving or they're cashing in on the current situation to gain leverage. Either way would hate for them to leave the lakefront. Despite the changes to Soldier Field I still like the venue and love the location.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Hopefully it sends a message. Chicago has been bleeding off money, businesses, etc. for the last few years and it's only getting worse. My company decided earlier this year to join the exodus and they're moving us down south. Nobody cares if xxx company with 160 employees picks up and leaves (they should care though, if hundreds of similar ones are leaving), but the Bears, with the monster revenue they generate for the city?

They have to though. Tourism has been falling for years, crime has been skyrocketing and setting homicide records and much more. Either the Bears are serious about moving or they're cashing in on the current situation to gain leverage. Either way would hate for them to leave the lakefront. Despite the changes to Soldier Field I still like the venue and love the location.

The city is a mess. A violent crime that was typically confined to the South and West Sides is now all over the city. Carjackings are way up, specifically against women. Shooting spree yesterday in the loop/West Loop that spanned two miles and hit five bystanders.

A ton of businesses are leaving and I would say some has to do with technology now and being able to work remotely. Why deal with high rents and the logistics of doing business in the city when you don't have to. I see tons of vacant office space across the city right now. Fewer people working downtown translates to local food establishments and so on. That being said, sports franchises are another draw for revenue. It would be another loss and I do feel the city is in the middle of a really bad downward spiral.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
The city is a mess. A violent crime that was typically confined to the South and West Sides is now all over the city. Carjackings are way up, specifically against women. Shooting spree yesterday in the loop/West Loop that spanned two miles and hit five bystanders.

A ton of businesses are leaving and I would say some has to do with technology now and being able to work remotely. Why deal with high rents and the logistics of doing business in the city when you don't have to. I see tons of vacant office space across the city right now. Fewer people working downtown translates to local food establishments and so on. That being said, sports franchises are another draw for revenue. It would be another loss and I do feel the city is in the middle of a really bad downward spiral.
Posts like these show why the power of the media in our country.

Crime is only really up if you compare it to the last couple of years which were historic lows. Crimes rates now are still lower than they were in the early 2000s and obviously a lot lower than they were before that...

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/c...01_baebb67e-01f2-4ac3-9511-19600a2e4e28-1.png

The whole "spike" or "skyrocketing" crime rates are just a media driven narrative.

That's obviously not to say crime is zero, or that it isn't a real problem in a lot of parts of Chicago. It just is a case of people not understanding statistics and how the media and powerful institutions misrepresent the truth to serve their purposes.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Homicides

http://heyjackass.com/

2021_murder_trend_093021.png

yearly_homicide_trend_010121.png

Its very clearly up and heading back towards #'s of early 90's which is not a positive nor can be dismissed as "Media manipulation"

And car jackings are currently at 1,070 for year and on track to be higher then last years 1,396 which itself was highest since early 90's as well

Crime is up no matter what you believe and City Officials/DA have history of juking stats or under reporting as well especially in recent years

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Posts like these show why the power of the media in our country.

Crime is only really up if you compare it to the last couple of years which were historic lows. Crimes rates now are still lower than they were in the early 2000s and obviously a lot lower than they were before that...

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/c...01_baebb67e-01f2-4ac3-9511-19600a2e4e28-1.png

The whole "spike" or "skyrocketing" crime rates are just a media driven narrative.

That's obviously not to say crime is zero, or that it isn't a real problem in a lot of parts of Chicago. It just is a case of people not understanding statistics and how the media and powerful institutions misrepresent the truth to serve their purposes.

That's complete B.S. You are not paying attention then. You realize I live in the city and notice there is a considerable difference specifically in the loop. If you have Citizen on your phone which is based on actual police activity, you'll see the difference. It's night and day from two years ago. The violent carjackings against Uber/Lyft drivers, women, and just random shootings are a daily occurrence in many parts of the city. The loop used to be spared for the most part but now it's not and that's how the city makes its money via tourism, etc. Smashed windows.... that doesn't even count the random businesses that get shot up.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Chicago violence is only a media driven narrative if you live in the suburbs with your head in the sand. Businesses will be driven out due to increased rents and costs of operating while crime rates increase and foot traffic decreases. This will cause revenue opportunity shrinkage and soon the only businesses who are able to afford to open up shop in the city will be the mega chains like CVS/Walgreens/Banks/Chipotle/Potbelly.

Moving the Bears out of the city could be somewhat of a possibility IMO.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Again a good coach holds his players accountable

What accountability has Eddie Jackson faced? None

Infact Nagy coddles/defends his piss poor performance along with others as he did after week 1

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Infact Nagy coddles/defends his piss poor performance along with others as he did after week 1

If I was the HC I would let me coordinators handle this and only step in when needed. You need to empower your staff imo

I don't disagree with you. I think Nagy tries to do too much. Not an excuse.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

When has a guy paid a highly as Eddie Jackson at his position been benched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad