OT: Bears & NFL Talk 82: Playoffs?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don't know. I think Brees was really limiting what they could do. Unless they completely wiff on their next QB, I think they are likely a playoff team. I don't think they fall off a cliff.
He couldn't throw a ball beyond 5 yards that wasn't a lofty floating pass most the year.

If they think Winston will stick it surely is gonna go bad though

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't know. I think Brees was really limiting what they could do. Unless they completely wiff on their next QB, I think they are likely a playoff team. I don't think they fall off a cliff.

Salary cap situation for them is going to be problem for them so it isn't just Brees retiring that is issue

MAQB: The Saints Have a Major Salary Cap Crunch This Offseason

Also if Winston or Hill are QB next year I cant see them as playoff team (Especially if Winston is QB)

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Salary cap situation for them is going to be problem for them so it isn't just Brees retiring that is issue

MAQB: The Saints Have a Major Salary Cap Crunch This Offseason

Also if Winston or Hill are QB next year I cant see them as playoff team (Especially if Winston is QB)

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but I don't think Winston is awful. I wouldn't go out of my to have him be my starter, don't get me wrong. But I don't think he's at the level that you couldn't win (be a playoff team) with if the rest of the team is good, as is the case with the Saints. I honestly wonder if the Saints would have won the game if they had played Jameis. That's more about this version of Brees than Jameis himself, but still.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but I don't think Winston is awful. I wouldn't go out of my to have him be my starter, don't get me wrong. But I don't think he's at the level that you couldn't win (be a playoff team) with if the rest of the team is good, as is the case with the Saints. I honestly wonder if the Saints would have won the game if they had played Jameis. That's more about this version of Brees than Jameis himself, but still.
If you're the Saints, you're definitely banking on a year of him working with Brees hopefully helping his decision making. He has tons of talent, but you can't throw as many picks has he has.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Bears d coordinator interviews have been

Sean Desai on the staff already
Mike Singletary
George Edwards former Minnesota DC under Zimmerman
Jonathan Gannon Colts DB coach
James Beltcher

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Phillip Rivers retires

His retirement statement is awesome.

EsLjAEUXUAYtTn7

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
It is. But makes sense for him if he wasn’t getting the dc job.
I was being facetious. The D line - and the lack of pressure and the weak run defense - were one of the big disappointments of the season especially when you consider how much cap is tied up there!

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I was being facetious. The D line - and the lack of pressure and the weak run defense - were one of the big disappointments of the season especially when you consider how much cap is tied up there!

Only significant cap hit along the d-line was Hicks/ he wasn’t the position coach for Quinn and Mack.
So he did a good job with Hicks, Nichols, Robertson Harris, urban, Edwards, Jenkins and McCullers. Also no goldman

Reactions: ClydeLee

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
There isn't much... I am confused as that point too.

He got Nicoles playing well a role he shouldn't because he shouldn't be a main NT. Had nothing else there but Jenkins who had that int but wasn't much when even not injured. And the opposite Hicks guy spot was a lot of nobodies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
There isn't much... I am confused as that point too.

He got Nicoles playing well a role he shouldn't because he shouldn't be a main NT. Had nothing else there but Jenkins who had that int but wasn't injured. And the opposite Hicks guy spot was a lot of nobodies.

He thinks he coached Quinn and Mack

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bears d coordinator interviews have been

Sean Desai on the staff already
Mike Singletary
George Edwards former Minnesota DC under Zimmerman
Jonathan Gannon Colts DB coach
James Beltcher

Well that is an ugly list

Not surprised when you have coach who is dead man walking and team defensively aging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad