Not open for further replies.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Taco Charlton got released again.

This has Ryan Pace written all over it.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Has anyone else seen how incredibly low the national media is on the Bears?
The highest ranking was SI that had them 23rd. Lowest was USA today and NBC Sports that had them 29th.
The others were around 25-26. Most have the Bears and Lions in the same tier or the Lions higher.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Good, but aren't they cap f***ed in 21 or 22 anyway? They're going to have to rebuild the entire team and Pace shouldn't be allowed to do it. I'm not
sure the Mack trade was worth it anymore, mostly because Mitch sucks.

Ditch Mitch, Can Pace.

Best case mitch pulls a Kyle fuller and the bears pay up. Worst case obviously it's already here.

No bears aren't screwed in terms of cap. Lots of contracts they can escape if need be along the lines of amukumara.

They won't have to rebuild the whole team. Pace has f***ed up royally especially with his first round picks.
But in general roster wise they have decent talent to work with.

I don't see any way but another year of Nagy/pace after the upcoming season. Unless they fall apart and have such a terrible record.

As far as Mack trade it was completely worth it.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Best case mitch pulls a Kyle fuller and the bears pay up. Worst case obviously it's already here.

No bears aren't screwed in terms of cap. Lots of contracts they can escape if need be along the lines of amukumara.

They won't have to rebuild the whole team. Pace has f***ed up royally especially with his first round picks.
But in general roster wise they have decent talent to work with.

I don't see any way but another year of Nagy/pace after the upcoming season. Unless they fall apart and have such a terrible record.

As far as Mack trade it was completely worth it.
The contracts they can escape are ones they don't want to escape from, like Fuller, Hicks, Mack etc. That being said, Fuller and Hicks are starting to get up there, so I don't see them sticking around much longer. I don't think Fuller is getting another contract after this one from the Bears, and he only has this season and next left. I guess they could let Goldman go if they had to, but.....he's a solid NT and still only 26.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The contracts they can escape are ones they don't want to escape from, like Fuller, Hicks, Mack etc. That being said, Fuller and Hicks are starting to
get up there, so I don't see them sticking around much longer. I don't think Fuller is getting another contract after this one from the Bears, and he only has this season and next left. I guess they could let Goldman go if they had to, but.....he's a solid NT and still only

Not talking them. Trubisky $8.0 million, Leino and Massie. Burton will be off the books. Jimmy Graham should they choose that route.
Biggest free agent theyll have is Alan Robinson.

Hicks, Goldman, Mack, Quinn, Jackson, Fuller, Trevathan and Smith aren't going anywhere from the defense. Whitehair is one for offense.

Patterson also at $5.0 million expiring. Robinson is the big one from the curent upcoming free agents.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Gotta admit, I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances this season loooking at the schedule. If our offense is good, I'd hanker a guess at us finishing.... 8-8 (including us starting 5-0 and then dropping four straight).

If our offense is more of the same... we might bottom out at 2-14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad