GDT: BEAR WARNING: TONIGHT (7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Let's Go Caps!!

Am I right now that Philly is done...because don't we have the tiebreaker with them?

Preds and Habs let us down. Jerks.

Philly can get in if they beat us in regulation and the Wings and Pens both lose in regulation. We'd be tied with them in regulation wins, regulation+OT wins, and overall wins, but they'd win the season series with us so they take the fourth tiebreaker.

Yeah it does matter. Pretty sure the Wings go through ahead of us if they win - and we win - tomorrow.

No, if we both win the Caps have the tiebreaker by virtue of having 4 more regulation wins (or 3 more if we win in OT).

Reactions: Calicaps

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Might of been the best defensive game they've played all year. Hope they have the energy to repeat tomorrow. We had so many chances...it could of been 5-0.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
No, they’re mathematically eliminated, since we hold the tiebreaker over them.

Philly can get in if they beat us in regulation and the Wings and Pens both lose in regulation. We'd be tied with them in regulation wins, regulation+OT wins, and overall wins, but they'd win the season series with us so they take the fourth tiebreaker.
Y'all are giving me a headache. Which is it??

• Haha
Reactions: GoCaps2004

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
It comes down to a 1 game playoff against our old friend Torts.

Losing Beck is a big loss if he's out.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Tie-Breaking Procedure​

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., 'Regulation Wins'). This figure is reflected in the RW column.

3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e., 'Total Wins'). This figure is reflected in the W column.

5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs.

• For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the 'odd game') shall not be included.
  • When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any 'odd games') shall be used to determine standing.
6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.

7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.

NOTE: In standings, a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Really, it would be the 5th tiebreaker, points in games between us and them.

I stand corrected, I thought we were at 32 regulation wins including the one we just got.

You’re right, it would go to 5th tiebreaker if they beat us in regulation (which would be in their favor).

Anyway, they just need to get 2 points and put this thing to bed.

Y'all are giving me a headache. Which is it??

Philly is not dead (yet). They have a super slim chance, they need literally everything to go right.

- They need to win in regulation and they need the Pens and Wings to also lose in regulation.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
1713232858903.jpeg

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
And in fact, the 5th tiebreaker, because they will only play 3 games, they eliminate the 1st game, and we won the 2nd game, so if Philly beats us in regulation, they'll have 2 pts each in the games that count. So they get in over us because it moves to the 6th tiebreaker which is Goal diff and our -38 vs their -25, they would get in.

Really, 6th tiebreaker folks. Just finish them in regulation.

I stand corrected, I thought we were at 32 regulation wins including the one we just got.

You’re right, it would go to 5th tiebreaker if they beat us in regulation (which would be in their favor).

Anyway, they just need to get 2 points and put this thing to bed.

Philly is not dead (yet). They have a super slim chance, they need literally everything to go right.

- They need to win in regulation and they need the Pens and Wings to also lose in regulation.
It actually goes to the 6th tiebreaker, which we will lose. Ugh.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad