GDT: BEAR WARNING: TONIGHT (7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Just back from game. I wanted to mainly watch Alexyev. He was so calm and cool. And he is not afraid to shoot the puck! Still make the pass when needed but he finds open space to bomb which is a bit of an art. He was also very smart of some plays where he just dropped back. Very impressive. I am ready to say he can be 3LD next year with depth in Hershey.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Chuckie has to be in the net tomorrow, yes? eff the back-2-back.

I don't think he had that much work tonight. Bruins didn't really seem that invested in this game.

It's probably the right call to play him b2b, but there is still some risk that he won't be at the top of his game. That recovery time is important for goalies and there's also travel to consider. I dunno, it's a tough call.

While I'd prefer Lindgren, I won't be upset if it's Darcy in net tomorrow, if they feel Charlie isn't 100%.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Alexeyev had one big block in the third. Solid. Thought McIlrath was pretty stout also.
Very impressed with McIlrath. Caps clearly wanted to put some muscle in the lineup (and this was before Beck got taken out). Was the right call.

At end of second Maroon was trying to run Fever and chipped him hard after a dump in. At end of second Maroon purposely skated around the ice waiting for something. McIlrath came down and chipped him. Was awesome to see. They both started third but nothing happened. Credit to both guys for playing hockey.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't think he had that much work tonight. Bruins didn't really seem that invested in this game.

It's probably the right call to play him b2b, but there is still some risk that he won't be at the top of his game. That recovery time is important for goalies and there's also travel to consider. I dunno, it's a tough call.

While I'd prefer Lindgren, I won't be upset if it's Darcy in net tomorrow, if they feel Charlie isn't 100%.
You can't put in Kuemper for 2morrow. This is not a give Charlie a rest thing. This is the season here. Kuemper may get a somewhat good workout with reserves, for the optional morning skate if there is one. I would have Hunter Shepard called up before Kuemper backs up Lindgren, but that is just me.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
You can't put in Kuemper for 2morrow. This is not a give Charlie a rest thing. This is the season here. Kuemper may get a somewhat good workout with reserves, for the optional morning skate if there is one. I would have Hunter Shepard called up before Kuemper backs up Lindgren, but that is just me.
I agree. Have to start Chuckie:
1. He gives us the best chance to win (even on b2b)
2. If we start Keumper and we lose it will really cripple his confidence.

So ride the one who brought you here. Good or bad!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
That's one way to go.
My biggest gripe is the inequity created by 3-point games. Instead of eliminating the loser point, allocate 5 points to each game.
- Win in regulations, get 5 points, loser 0.
- Win in OT, get 4, loser gets 1.
- Win in SO, get 3, loser gets 2.
If the league wants every game to have a "winner," don't give a team that wins a SO the same points that a team that wins in regulation gets.
Dear lord no. My position is that even tho the SO and 3-on-3 suck, after close to 2 decades, they are now fundamentally part of the NHL regular season game. So the league should commit to its own format and admit that a win is a win and a loss is a loss and stop dicking around with degrees of winning and losing. It's embarrassing.

Reactions: chilimac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad