OT - NO POLITICS Beach, beer, cookouts, ice cream. It’s Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Someone probably shipped back and returned some pants that didn't fit them to 'under armor' in some different looking packaging and they evacuated like 1k people because it's 2021. I'm sure that's not it but I wouldn't be surprised.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just home from vacation.

Moon looked excellent last night

Our two new captains looking at an eagle

213049007_10225759916333875_8154812727231240428_n.jpg

A little music on board

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, and that i am a long time lurker, rare poster and nobody will know me on a personal level, but we welcomed our first born and new little Bruin on 20/07/2021! A beautiful little boy.

Basically, I want to shout it to the world, and posting to the Bruins family across the world is the closest way I can do that!! :vhappy:

Congratulations man. Good luck raising your boy.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
How's Ireland going with your vaccination rates, and just your handling of pandemic-y things in general? Are you and your family keeping well?

80% of adults have first dose and 66% are fully vaccinated. Numbers are going way up in the last month or so which was expected considering we are going through something of a heatwave so everyone is interacting (Well a heatwave in Irish terms, not Oz terms lol).

I have my first dose, waiting for number two. My wife being pregnant we were more than a bit concerned about whether she should get this vaccine or not. There is zero long term data on a vaccine this new and it's one thing to take something for just yourself and a whole other thing when your unborn child is also involved. People who just disregard these sort of concerns as being "selfish" or "stupid" really pisses me off. Anyway we decided she was best to get it thanks to input from very understanding doctors and midwives and she is now fully vaccinated.

How's life underneath? My sister in-law and her family are in Sydney and they struggled a bit with the new bout of lockdowns.
With this new delta variant and the way our numbers are going I can see a similar situation possibly arising here in the autumn.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88 and sooshii

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
80% of adults have first dose and 66% are fully vaccinated. Numbers are going way up in the last month or so which was expected considering we are going through something of a heatwave so everyone is interacting (Well a heatwave in Irish terms, not Oz terms lol).

I have my first dose, waiting for number two. My wife being pregnant we were more than a bit concerned about whether she should get this vaccine or not. There is zero long term data on a vaccine this new and it's one thing to take something for just yourself and a whole other thing when your unborn child is also involved. People who just disregard these sort of concerns as being "selfish" or "stupid" really pisses me off. Anyway we decided she was best to get it thanks to input from very understanding doctors and midwives and she is now fully vaccinated.

How's life underneath? My sister in-law and her family are in Sydney and they struggled a bit with the new bout of lockdowns.
With this new delta variant and the way our numbers are going I can see a similar situation possibly arising here in the autumn.

I think concerns like that are completely valid - big difference between doing your due diligence and just being anti without proper cause. My wife and I both got vaccinated but we made sure we were comfortable with doing so, and we were lucky that we could get the Pfizer vac. Had it only been the AZ available we would have waited. Nothing against anyone that has had that one, but it just wasn't for us.

Otherwise more broadly yeah we're just in the grind. My area's in its 5th lockdown now and while it shouldn't last long I think the ability to keep sustaining these is wearing thin. Sydney's situation is interesting and different to anything we've had before. As I'm sure you'll know, Sydneysiders tend to march a bit to the beat of their own drum compared to much of the rest of us, and being shut up doesn't really sit well with many of them. And delta is just much harder to contain. So it's getting pretty hairy up there and this might well be the first time ever in Oz that we get an outbreak that simply can't be stopped.

So it's a race now - our vaccination rates are abysmally slow. Around 30% have had one shot, but only 11% have had two. That needs to increase quickly if we're to avoid higher mortality levels that we've so far largely avoided.

All the best to your sister-in-law and family. Can't be much fun being in Sydney at the moment.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I can't quote all, but many thanks for the messages of congratulations! The little one has had a shaky start, as he is in ICU with a potential heart problem, but is doing well and already looking forward to his first trip over the Atlantic to the garden :)
Sending healing thoughts for your little one. I hope he will be OK

Reactions: Bruins Bhoy

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They closed the outdoor pool in Watertown because of the air quality - the lifeguards eyes were irritated by the smoke from across the country

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I can't remember wild fire smoke this bad. Brutal. Sun looks cool though, so long as you don't think about how we're all aboard a dying planet as you admire it.
Scary times. Maybe the scientists are right

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I got a good whiff of the air getting my mail this afternoon. That was enough for me.

In more positive news, I got in to see a new PT next Monday. I am hoping this one actually pays attention to patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad