OT - NO POLITICS Beach, beer, cookouts, ice cream. It’s Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
they played She which is my fave Green Day song. I was not expecting to hear it and was so pumped. Unfortunately my husband took a video of how pumped I was haha

I love 'When I Come Around' which they played in Dublin. Billie Joe is fantastic for crowd interaction and getting the crowd involved.
Man I hope they tour here again in the next couple of years!

Reactions: Kate08

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I love 'When I Come Around' which they played in Dublin. Billie Joe is fantastic for crowd interaction and getting the crowd involved.
Man I hope they tour here again in the next couple of years!

I saw them at the Garden 10 years ago. Billy Joe let a teenager play Jesus of Suburbia, and brought a little boy on stage for Christian's Inferno. He plucked the kid's earplugs out and said "Let's get rid of these f***ing things!" The kid was on cloud 9, grinning ear to ear.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
At least upgrade the cartridge. God knows how old that set up actually is. Last thing you want to do is scratch the shit out of one of those albums because the needle is shit.

Ortofon: 2M Red Cartridge Mounted on SH-4 Headshell is a good one for not a ton of money.

I'd just get a new stylus, especially if it has an old Shure cart on it. A lot of old Technics players have them

70s era Technics players + Shure sound amazing together.

I have an old M105e on my SL-23 with a new stylus

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Reactions: JRull86

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
6:45 am on a Saturday and I wake up to an email telling me about our 11th positive Covid case in less than three weeks.

GO AWAY COVID.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
upload_2021-8-7_10-41-34.jpeg

Took the Bruins flag down today, and I’ve decided to go straight to the Patriots - skipping over the Red Sox. For some reason the 2021 Patriots have me slightly more optimistic.

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2021-8-7_12-26-26.png

In a city known for churning out championships, coming in second is usually out of the question.

In this case, however, Boston is better off at number two.

Recent Census data shows Boston has the second highest number of rat and mouse sightings when compared with the 15 most populated metros in the U.S., behind only Philadelphia. Philly had 18.9% of all rodent sightings, while Boston had 18.38%. Both were well above the national average of 11.5%.

When it comes to cockroaches, however, Boston is nearly pest-free, with only 2.9% of all sightings, just above Seattle and Detroit, and significantly below the 11.3% national average. Houston boasted the highest roach population, with 35.34% of all sightings.

Boston Ranked Second Most Rat-Infested City

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Jez the second dose of the vaccine hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday! Woke up perfect but as the morning went on started getting cold sweats, aching all over, extreme fatigue, by evening I was bed ridden. Still a bit off this morning but pretty much back to normal now. Funny that to prevent from getting sick we have to..... get sick!

Fully worth it.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
View attachment 459932

In a city known for churning out championships, coming in second is usually out of the question.

In this case, however, Boston is better off at number two.

Recent Census data shows Boston has the second highest number of rat and mouse sightings when compared with the 15 most populated metros in the U.S., behind only Philadelphia. Philly had 18.9% of all rodent sightings, while Boston had 18.38%. Both were well above the national average of 11.5%.

When it comes to cockroaches, however, Boston is nearly pest-free, with only 2.9% of all sightings, just above Seattle and Detroit, and significantly below the 11.3% national average. Houston boasted the highest roach population, with 35.34% of all sightings.

Boston Ranked Second Most Rat-Infested City
I have a hard time believing New York City isn’t at the top of either list (rodents/cockroaches).

Reactions: Fenway and sooshii

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Jez the second dose of the vaccine hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday! Woke up perfect but as the morning went on started getting cold sweats, aching all over, extreme fatigue, by evening I was bed ridden. Still a bit off this morning but pretty much back to normal now. Funny that to prevent from getting sick we have to..... get sick!

Fully worth it.
I felt like I had fallen down a flight of stairs after my second shot. Was fine in 24 hours and fully worth it. I felt liberated.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Fully worth it.

My wife felt like you did, while the second dose had zero negative impact on me aside from a sore arm where they injected me.

Reactions: caz16 and Gee Wally

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Fully worth it.

means it’s doing it’s job.
Small price to pay IMO.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
My wife felt like you did, while the second dose had zero negative impact on me aside from a sore arm where they injected me.

Got the sore arm both times but only the flu like symptoms after the second. Crazy how you can feel so bad and then 24 hours later.. perfect! The human body is a wondrous thing.

Reactions: LSCII and Ladyfan

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Got the sore arm both times but only the flu like symptoms after the second. Crazy how you can feel so bad and then 24 hours later.. perfect! The human body is a wondrous thing.
It’s amazing how all our bodies respond differently, felt bad after the first shot, second shot felt fine afterward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad