Be A Pro thread

HabsIslesFan

Aug 5, 2011
!HELP!

In LTL every time I'm simming to the season the game freezes going from Sept. 11-12. I've tried simming in short chunks and that didn't work. I've tried over 8 times and it still freezes. Anyone have the same problem? Does EA know about this? Are they gonna fix it? Please help thanks guys

Same thing happpened to me. I ended up having to load thelast autosave and then it worked, but it also sent me back to before the draft and I got drafted by the Jets instead of Philly.

jets18

Aug 2, 2013
Barrie Ontario
Started with Barrie Colts, lost in Memorial Cup Finals, Drafted to the Jets 12th Overall :-D then was sent down to minors, now currently leading team in points with 11 points in 11 games and made my way to the first line.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
RW sniper, with an edge ;) I like to scrap quite a bit but now I've just been getting my ass kicked :laugh: gotta get the hang of the new fighting. Also kinda sucks when I start a fight and my teammate comes and fights for me lol IM A GROWN MAN!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
RW sniper, with an edge ;) I like to scrap quite a bit but now I've just been getting my ass kicked :laugh: gotta get the hang of the new fighting. Also kinda sucks when I start a fight and my teammate comes and fights for me lol IM A GROWN MAN!

:laugh::laugh:

Did you put your fighting characteristic to rarely or often?

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
My teams AI is even worse then in NHL13... I would honestly **** a brick to get my team to play 75% as good as the other team. If i don't force every play to happen nothing EVER happens. Just like in NHL13. I doubt i will play this mode for more then 2 seasons.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
My BAP is leading the WHL in penalty minutes. He's averaging 3 per game right now. Stupid tripping penalties. I've also gotten into fights accidentally because I would press triangle on the faceoff, and someone would pick up the challenge.

Also, does someone know where a good guide to BAP is? I'm still fuzzy on some of the stat growth categories.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
They need to change the button to bring up the "bench sim screen". Who had the great idea of making it the same as the only button that has a pre puck drop use?

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
My pro was drafted by Tampa Bay in the first round after doing a whole season in the OHL. Played the first pre season game. Got a hat trick. Was told if I dont make the Bolts I will be sent back to the London Knights

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Started a new Live the Life, decided to try and be the next Eric Lindros and funny how it played out:

First line power forward center #8 for the Oshawa Generals, absolutely dominate the Memorial Cup like a man among boys. Scoring and hitting anything that moves as we go on to easily win it all.

Drafted 1st overall to the Colorado Avalanche (Quebec Nordiques), becuase I hate the Avs in real life I trash the team after the draft, they inform me I'll be traded. The trade comes through to...

The Philadelphia Flyers.

First NHL game about 4 seconds in I absolutely destroy Rick Nash with his head down, drop the gloves and quickly KO Brian Boyle. Get back out and proceed to score a hat trick.

For some reason they keep asking me about Brendan Morrow who the Flyers signed in the off season, I keep cutting him down and the fans love it. "He'll be a great addition to our team as a bookmark, seperating the defense from the forwards on the bench".

Never much cared for Be a Pro in the past but all the new stuff has made it a lot more fun this year.

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
Started BAP as a TWF C playing on Hardcore Simulation, Superstar.

For some reason I can't score a goal on Superstar in BAP. I average like 1.5 points per game but they're usually assists, and usually only goals when on an open net or on a 2-on-1. Then I went down to Pro for one game and put up 2 goals and 6 points.

Blah, clearly need to get used to how to score in this game as compared to NHL 13 because wrist shots aren't getting me anywhere.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
:laugh::laugh:

Did you put your fighting characteristic to rarely or often?

Often, also my player is apparently a puck hog when I sim, 30 games, 28 goals, 3 assists and two of them are from a game I played lol. My line mates are racking assists like crazy though

SJsharks

Apr 17, 2007
Dont worry about it
At work so I can't really check, but can you turn off the simulation penalty on be a pro after you already started? Just started my rw sniper last night and was drafted 1st overall by the sens and would hate to have to start over. Playing every game is too much for me

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Am i the only person who has issues with the AI being horrilbe? I don't want to be a one man team. I want to be a legit play maker not Ovi. Last night i posted a picture of me at the half boards with the puck while the other team had 2 people covering me, my point guy moved to center ice favoring the far side and both my forwards were crammed into the same corner night facing me. Honestly at the NHL level players would be benched for that ****.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
or just now i had a puck chopped to center ice. One of the players on the d went back to get it. Decided half way their to do a line change and gave the other team a breakaway which the scored. I wish i could find ways to post videos because this is horse ****.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Am i the only person who has issues with the AI being horrilbe? I don't want to be a one man team. I want to be a legit play maker not Ovi. Last night i posted a picture of me at the half boards with the puck while the other team had 2 people covering me, my point guy moved to center ice favoring the far side and both my forwards were crammed into the same corner night facing me. Honestly at the NHL level players would be benched for that ****.

The AI improves significantly when you play in the NHL (with better players), and when you play on harder difficulty settings.

It's not perfect, but not as BS as some of your examples which only happened to me when I was playing on the early modes

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I started my 6'5, LW ply. I was originally drafted 20th overall by Detriot, but I told them in an interview I was not happy about being picked by their franchise. They trade me to the Oilers, where I play 1 preseason game scoring 4 goals. In the post game interview I say I hate the city in the fans. They trade me to the Preds for a 5th, and I've been playing on the first line since then. I have 12 goals, 5 assists and 80 pims in 8 game, something like that. This new mode is super fun.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
The AI improves significantly when you play in the NHL (with better players), and when you play on harder difficulty settings.

It's not perfect, but not as BS as some of your examples which only happened to me when I was playing on the early modes

This was in the nhl on the second hardest difficulty (i forget if its all star or super star but whatever one isn the hardest) and not hardcore sim. the regular one that said it would make it realistic.

Please tell me how to get my AI not to suck... I dont move it to the harder difficulty because any game i dont score in we dont win. Thats not fun in the slightest. Especially since i am trying to be a play maker and not a goal scorer.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Has anyone noticed that the CPU waits till the opposing team is driving into your zone to change opposed to the other way around? I was on ice for 3 or 4 goals today just because the second I step on the ice they score.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
Is anyone else having immense trouble sticking in the NHL after the pre-season?

Three times so far I've been told at the midway point that I'm guaranteed to make the team, but I end up getting sent back to junior despite the quality of my play not decreasing. I simmed the whole pre-season one time and was met with the exact same result.

What the ****.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Has anyone noticed that the CPU waits till the opposing team is driving into your zone to change opposed to the other way around? I was on ice for 3 or 4 goals today just because the second I step on the ice they score.

That's happened to me. It really sucks because as a DFD I need a high +/- rating and I can't get it.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Is anyone else having immense trouble sticking in the NHL after the pre-season?

Three times so far I've been told at the midway point that I'm guaranteed to make the team, but I end up getting sent back to junior despite the quality of my play not decreasing. I simmed the whole pre-season one time and was met with the exact same result.

What the ****.

Don't sim.

If you sim you get sent back down.

Once you get the guarantee - sim the first 2 periods of the rest of the games, but intervene for the third period.

The game penalizes you for simming.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
This was in the nhl on the second hardest difficulty (i forget if its all star or super star but whatever one isn the hardest) and not hardcore sim. the regular one that said it would make it realistic.

Please tell me how to get my AI not to suck... I dont move it to the harder difficulty because any game i dont score in we dont win. Thats not fun in the slightest. Especially since i am trying to be a play maker and not a goal scorer.

I always play on the hardest difficulty, but acknowledging that the default superstar difficulty is just too hard to play, I often adjust the sliders around a bit to help me where I need it.

You, as a playmaker, may want to adjust things like pass accuracy and pass interceptions. Not to a ridiculously favorable slider setting, but one that makes it easier for you to play.

I find that almost all AI-related issues are solved by playing in Superstar.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So, I put my difficulty to Superstar for the first time and my next two games were defeats for my team, but the last game was a 7-8 loss, which never happened on All-star. Did my goalies get worse or something? >_>

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
Don't sim.

If you sim you get sent back down.

Once you get the guarantee - sim the first 2 periods of the rest of the games, but intervene for the third period.

The game penalizes you for simming.

First time, I did my usual routine: intervened at the 10:00 mark of the 2nd and played a half-game.

Second time, played all 6 in full.

Third time, simmed all 6.

Each time the result was identical: I'm told I'm guaranteed a spot after game 3 and still get sent down.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00