Be A Pro thread

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Haven't played BAP yet but I seen someone say that, like last year before the tuner, you get taken off the ice after every whistle even if you were just put out. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Deny. I played an entire period (7 minutes) without being taken off because I won two fights. Next period I only was taken off after 2 whistles.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Started a be-a-pro with a LW enforcer, simming the whole thing just so I can move fast in my career like you never could in the previous years (except playing a game here and there for kicks and giggles). Also I'm giving this guy an attitude problem, I wanted to see what happens when you answer every question like an arrogant SOB.

Got drafted by the Panthers in the 3rd round, started the year in Florida, but after putting up 1 assist and 43 PIM in 16 games before being demoted to San Antonio (mostly because of attitude). Ended up with 5 goals and 11 assists and 152 PIM in the AHL. My fondness meters (or whatever you want to call them) are: +61 with fans, -57 with teammates, -72 with management, and -10 with family. Apparently the fans love cockiness. I just got up to the start of season 2 and I made the Panthers out of training camp.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Decided to choose the Barrie Colts because I like their jerseys. I'm going to play/sim through the season to get to the draft rather quickly.

I played the first game today, scored 2 goals and 3 assists as we defeated Saginaw 7-2. Decent start :naughty:

BTW I'm a LW PWF. 69 overall to start.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
The simming thing work for anyone else? I always get dropped down to the 2nd line -_- I tried with it on and off doesn't work HELP ITS THE REASON I BOUGHT THE GAME :( do I set it Off or On?

Koogar

Apr 6, 2011
Same problem as Habsfannick, I turned it off and even though I do many points and lead the team, the coach just sends me down 2, even 3rd line.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I made a TWF LW, started out in the Memorial Cup playoffs with the Ottawa 67s. I put up 8 points in 4 games and we won the Memorial. Got drafted first overall by the Canadiens.

I like the new interview feature, although the grammar is just godawful. Not a huge deal, I just thinks it's kind of funny that there's at least one grammatical error in almost every interview answer. How does that not get looked at before release?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
First time doing this, so I made a LW 2WF for the Brandon Wheat Kings. Man, I forgot how terrible Corbin Boes is as a starter. It's quite telling when my BAP is 70 and everyone else is mid-50s. Only playing on All-star right now until I get comfortable with the game and its systems.

I am playing every shift and every game right now.

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Created a RW PWF, started in the mem cup with Guelph, no points the first two games before breaking out with a hattrick 4 point game against of all teams Halifax.

Playing on superstar with hardcore settings, it's much more difficult to get time and space than last year which I actually like.

I'm very impressed with both the opposition AI defense and the AI of my teammates versus '13.

georgiabluejacket

Jun 6, 2002
Georgia
Haven't played BAP yet but I seen someone say that, like last year before the tuner, you get taken off the ice after every whistle even if you were just put out. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Not all the time, but I had several instances where I'd come onto the ice, the goalie would freeze the puck within 5 seconds & I'd be taken back off the ice. Played 4 games so far(won Memorial cup as C on Winterhawks) & had this happen like 5 times.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I've played about 13 games as a sniper for the Kitchener Ranger in the OHL. I never played BAP in junior before as I skipped NHL 12 and NHL 13. So far I like it.

What I'd like to know is why can't I read the injured lists for every team to see who'se injured though?? I go to League News and try and toggle through teams via the injury report but the toggle buttons are greyed out and don't cycle through the teams when I press them.

Why???

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
There's a huge bug in my bap mode. I finished my season in the juniors and the Leafs won the cup. I'm contacting ea and reporting the bug.

Where's the toggle for the simming?

Spitsfan67*

Year 1 With Windsor Spitfires,6'4...225 Pound RW who is an Enforce

GMS:51
G:17
A:21
P:38
PIM:262

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Name: Mariusz Czerkawski

Place of Birth: Warsaw, Poland

Date of Birth: May 2nd, 1996

Position: Defense

Former League: Polish Hockey League

NHL Draft Eligibility: 2014

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 240lbs

The OHL has a new bruising defensive defenseman joining their ranks. Maruisz Czerkawski is the 3rd round pick of the Erie Otter in the CHL import draft and he's proving to be more then that by scoring 11 points in 5 games to start off the season. The Otters are off to a 3-2 start on the season, just finishing up a 5 game road journey and are about to play their first game at home against the North Bay Battalion.

While the 17yo defenseman is keeping up offensively, his defensive has been spotty so far. However his hits are as hard as ever and he seems to be embracing the fighting aspect of the game as well. If he can get his game together then the Erie Otters could make a run into playoffs on the back of McDavid, Czerkawski, and Dansk.

Last edited:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I really only want the trophies because I find this mode boring, but made my guy, played the Memorial Cup while scoring about 6 goals a game and we win with ease. Ended up with something like 26 goals, 10 assists in 4 games.

And just as I expect to get the trophy for being drafted 1st overall - I get picked 3rd??

What the hell? Did the stupid interview process just completely negate everything I did in a matter of two minutes? I wasn't even being a jerk or anything.

Eagles MA

Sep 9, 2011
I tried NHL Pro with Craig Smith whom I selected randomly. I started as the Preds' 3rd line Center, until I got waived and picked up by Ottawa. So, I didn't wanna play for the Baby Senators and gave cr*p answers in my interviews. I was traded to the Flyers, played on their 3rd line aaaand...got waived. This time though, I decided I would be the nice guy, so I playes hard for the Abbotsford Heat and the Flames called me up - all in the span of 2 months :yo:
My favorite moment was getting a great big hug from my virtual significant other after telling her that her parents would be welcome to stay with us :joker:

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
!HELP!

In LTL every time I'm simming to the season the game freezes going from Sept. 11-12. I've tried simming in short chunks and that didn't work. I've tried over 8 times and it still freezes. Anyone have the same problem? Does EA know about this? Are they gonna fix it? Please help thanks guys

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
About to win round one of the OHL playoffs. Clement just mentioned something about my pro possibly having anger management issues because of the amount of penalty minutes I have

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Loving the enforcer engine. I just got elbowed in the face, and Aaron Ekblad beat up the guy for me :handclap:

I would have fought him myself if the game let me though :laugh:

ScottyP

Jun 12, 2011
BC
I made a LW Power Forward, and I played for Victoria in the Memorial Cup, and then got drafted to Ottawa 17th overall (I think it was 17th)

I simmed through the preseason, and started my first NHL season on the 1st line. I got a hat trick against Boston in a 4-2 victory in my very first NHL season game. :handclap:

I also injured one of their players, so I was getting boos all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad