Be a Pro Mode

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Do you grow in height and weight? So say I play as a 15 y/o at 5'11, will the game have me grow an inch or two and gain weight?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Ottawa Drafted me first overall after I scored 114 points as a C with the Eagles in the Q.

Unfortunately it appears they drafted me first overall to be a PK specalist. They have put me on the fourth line, and I'm lucky to get one even strength shift a period.

Unfortunately I'm unable to develop at all in this role, so my overall isn't even high enough to get traded. Sad situation

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ottawa Drafted me first overall after I scored 114 points as a C with the Eagles in the Q.

Unfortunately it appears they drafted me first overall to be a PK specalist. They have put me on the fourth line, and I'm lucky to get one even strength shift a period.

Unfortunately I'm unable to develop at all in this role, so my overall isn't even high enough to get traded. Sad situation

What kind of center are you (i.e. playmaker, sniper, etc.)?

WhyteAveJesus

Aug 24, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Got picked up by Minny 55th overall, just started in the mem cup. Gonna give a goalie BaP another shot this year even though I do that literally every year with this game and without fail get lit up. Lmaoo

H2OFroster

Casual ice hockey follower
Nov 29, 2017
Finland
Just finished up a 109 point season as RW (65+44) and I'm starting the last year of my ELC. We got into Eastern conference finals where Boston beat us 4-0 and I won Art Ross, Hart, Rocket Richard and Ted Lindsay awards. Maybe I should bump up difficulty to highest one.

Last edited:

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
My second year has ended. I had 42 goals and 66 points in 50 games. I got injuried and was out from feburary to the end of the year. Since we lost in the first round, i missed that too.

Im now in my 3rd year (last of entry level contract). 3rd game in i was hurt for 40 some days. Came back, first game hurt again. This time 70 some games. Im not in feburary 3 weeks before the trade deadline.
I requested a trad but they came back and said i was a lynchpin to the team so my request was denied. At this point in the season the central (I'm in St.Louis) has my team, dallas and Winnipeg all tied. 2 point behind is Colorado and 2 points back of them is chicago. 4 point seperate 5 teams.

Noticed that in random games it says its this players first game and plays the lone skater video. Its done it to ryan o'reily and another player that has played for years.

Last edited:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Suffered a six day injury in the playoffs, lost in the second round. I'm now unable to train in the off-season (only real time you can build your speed significantly) despite being completely healed.

This mode is absolutely embarrassing. It needs to be scrapped, as they clearly don't put any time or effort into it. What a shame.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
After yet another disappointing year, the blue will get nothing for me. I signed with the sabres. I was surprised by the team they built. Lines are as follows
Ovie 88, myself 90, reinhart 90
Eberle 85, eichel 91, a.nylander 88
Toffloi 83, mittelstadt 90, gallagher 84
Silfverberg 82, thompson 82, okposo 81
Josi 89, dahlin 88
Mcnabb 83, ekholm 83,
Guhle 82, dekeyser 83
Luukkonen 90
Condon 80
Scratches
Poulin 79
Bruan 79
Stepan 83

This team can score. I have 2 goals and 5 assist in 3 games. We are almost averaging 5 goals a game.

Last edited:

WhyteAveJesus

Aug 24, 2015
Edmonton, AB
About 7 seasons into my career with the Minny Wild

Came off a crazy season, like 113 points lmao.

I'm on the RW with two computer generated first overall picks on center and LW. We were garbage for the first like 5 years I was on the team so I guess it's finally paying off lmao.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Ive searched around a bit but couldnt find a definitive answer. What are the stages of contracts in BAP. Is it like MLB rtts where its a carbon copy of mlb contract progression? Or do you essentially play 2 or 3 seasons then hit UFA?

Just picked this up. Havent played EAs nhl games consistently since nhl 15.

Thanks.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ive searched around a bit but couldnt find a definitive answer. What are the stages of contracts in BAP. Is it like MLB rtts where its a carbon copy of mlb contract progression? Or do you essentially play 2 or 3 seasons then hit UFA?

Just picked this up. Havent played EAs nhl games consistently since nhl 15.

Thanks.

Depends on how you start the game. If you start in junior, you will sign a 3-yr entry level contract once you are drafted, after which you will be a RFA if you don't resign. Then once you hit (I think age 26) you can become a UFA. Otherwise, if you start out as a pro it depends on your age (I believe). I don't know too, much about starting out as a pro, because I always go junior first. I like starting out in junior, because you can mold your player better.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Depends on how you start the game. If you start in junior, you will sign a 3-yr entry level contract once you are drafted, after which you will be a RFA if you don't resign. Then once you hit (I think age 26) you can become a UFA. Otherwise, if you start out as a pro it depends on your age (I believe). I don't know too, much about starting out as a pro, because I always go junior first. I like starting out in junior, because you can mold your player better.

Cheers.
I'm not sure if there's 2 options for junior, but I picked the one where it's the end of the season + memorial cup.
I made sure to randomly select a team and I still picked London haha.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Cheers.
I'm not sure if there's 2 options for junior, but I picked the one where it's the end of the season + memorial cup.
I made sure to randomly select a team and I still picked London haha.

Obviously, my favorite team :thumbu: But, yes there is two options, one to start out in the Memorial Cup and the other as a 15, 16, or 17 yo at the start of the season in the CHL.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Also, is it possible to be named an assistant captain then captain? I’ve been staying with one team hoping I could be named one, but if it’s not possible then that’ll obviously change my loyalty.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I have let this thread know about lack of creativity with my offense. While playing BAP, there's a significant contrast between the PRO and ALLSTAR difficulty settings. Despite my north/south/grinder style, I can put up ppg on PRO. On ALLSTAR I'll go stretches of 7-8 games without registering a point. The cpu's close the gap on you so quick, great sticks, and they read what you're doing so much better.

I haven't tried yet, but I think I'll fiddle around with the sliders a bit on the ALLSTAR setting. Would just like to know what sliders I should be changing and what I should leave alone.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Started off with the Kingston Frontenacs as a Left winger and wanted to play 2 full seasons in the O. Playing on superstar really gives me a challenge finding the twine and I enjoy it. My first season had started off quite well, going into my 8th game of the season with 6 pts I was quite happy with things. Playing Ottawa away from home I suffered a concussion and was out for months. Finally came back and ended up playing around 35 games with 32 points in my rookie season. We finished 6th and I was quite excited to find out we were playing Ottawa in round 1. Game 1 in Ottawa was pure heroics, as I scored a hat trick, my first career one to send us to overtime 3-3 and a teammate would finish that one for me as we took game 1. We lost the next 4 and went home. Next season they put the "C" on my jersey which gave me such a boost I was ready to carry this team. With 65 pts in 68 games, I lead us to 3rd in the east. Playing Hamilton I put that series to bed 4-2, and then Barrie, who were the 2 seed, we beat them 4-3 and went to face Ottawa in the eastern conference final. Beat Ottawa 4-1 and had a date with London, and destiny. We got swept. Heading to the draft I was told I was gonna be a top 10 pick and ended up going 1 to Vancouver. We were stacked, Panarin-Pettersson-Boeser. They sent me back to Kingston so I took it in my stride and decided to finally finish the job with Kingston. We 'rent good, we finished 7th but then I turned it on. I lead us back to the finals and got to play Flint. We lost 4-2 series, I had done all I could, the goal was Vancouver next year. I cracked the squad and was getting to play with Horvat and Goldobin. The third game I took a 3 month long herniated disk injury, after recovering in my second game back I was injured again with another herniated disk and missed almost the entire season suiting up for a total of 19 games in my rookie season. We made the playoffs and lost to Calgary. To start the next season I've been told im on the third line with Horvat and Lind. We look incredible on paper so I'm hoping to work my way up the lineup and get Lord Stanley to Vancouver.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Made a new pro and I’ve gotten pretty into it so far

All-Star difficulty with 6 min. periods, did the Memorial Cup—>Draft path, injuries off cause they ruined my first pro

PWF centre Donnie Dumphy, 6’1 200lbs

Playing on the 67s, lost in the final to Swift Current. Despite just an assist in the tourney I was drafted 14th overall by St. Louis. Preseason I began as a 68 ovr, making the team starting as third line centre. Eventually worked my way up to the first line, playing with Schwartz and Tarasenko.

Ended up with 42 goals & 34 assists for 76 points in 82 games, leading the Blues in goals and points. Also had 125 PIMs and 13 fights (team highs), 11 of which I won. Elias Pettersson on Vancouver also had 76 points as a rookie, but I had more goals (42 vs 22).

We qualified for the playoffs as Wild Card #1, and wound up beating Chicago in 6 games in round 1. I led the team with 5 goals and 10 points, and were facing Dallas in round 2.

Currently an 80 ovr

Update: we beat the Stars in 6 games, and I had 5 goals and 5 assists again. Also got into 7 fights in what was a nasty series. Wound up against the #1 seed LA Kings in the WCF. In an insanely tight matchup, we sadly lost in double OT of game 7. With 6 goals and 3 assists in the series, I finished with 16 goals and 13 assists in 19 games, which led the entire playoffs. LA ended up as Cup champions in the end.

To cap an amazing season, I won the Calder over Pettersson. As of now I’m an 82 ovr

Our team had an eventful offseason headlined by the departures of Schenn and Pietrangelo to UFA. We signed Josi to replace Petro, and have some rookie forwards coming up. Start of 2019-2020 season I’m an 84 ovr

Last edited:
Reactions: King Weber

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
I've had an absolute blast playing Be a Pro this year. Drafted 11th overall by Vancouver after playing one year in the OHL (I would have been number 1 but I kept simming from a specific spot with sim penalty on so I could go to a team I kind of like) and I swear sometimes this game is beyond realistic.

Tom Wilson annihilates me on a hit and breaks my foot. I miss 5 weeks of hockey, and my very first game back is against Washington for the final time this season. Even got cleared the day of the game. It's payback time.

Reactions: OB5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad