Be a Pro Mode

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
Since I have yet to see a threat on it, how's everyone's Be a Pro going? I love the new settings/sliders.

My pro is Leon Sodiok, a 6'1, 205 pound Two Way Forward, who plays a very defensive, grind it out style at Center. A pet peeve of mine is the fact that I'm a 20 year old no matter what if I play through the Memorial Cup...so I decided to just play one year in the WHL and sim till I'm drafted. Currently halfway through the season. I made a bunch of prospects for the NHL as well. I plan on playing every game once I make the NHL. Trying to play a full sim style, 20 minute periods with wild loose pucks.

How's your Be a Pro going? Any games played yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
I started a PF Center in the WHL. Going to play the first 30 games and rack up some xp before simming 2 out of 3 till the end of the season. I hope to be in the low 70s by the draft.

Two games in and the game-play is much better. Better break-outs for and against. Net battles are great. Face-offs are more difficult against CPU too.

I like the fact the CPU can score for and against me when I am not on the ice. In NHL 16 my OHL line would be averaging 3 points per game per player and the next closest on the team was getting maybe 0.5 PPG. IF I was winning late in the game, I would do extremely short shifts (15-20) seconds to speed up the game. CPU could never come back and win those. Last night I was up 3-2 and the coach kept putting me out there until my stamina was gone. Last 10 minutes of the game I couldn't get a break. I finally was given a 1:30 break and the CPU scored twice. We ended up losing. Double xp in the last 10 minutes is nice too.

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
I ended up restarting mine as a 16 year old in the WHL for Saskatoon. I tweaked the sliders a lot and it's been tough scoring, as I try to limit the "I know I can score a lot of goals from here" shots. It's been a blast so far. A real challenge.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
I started in the NHL and my potential is like low bottom AHL forward. What if you start in the juniors, anyone?

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
How did you get to 90 so fast? I'm a 17 year old with a rating of 62 and I noticed when I sim I only get maybe 300-400 exp per week.

I turned off my simming penalty as well!

I played all playoff games, earning like 6k XP each game. My main goal was getting the Elite trophy for having a be a pro reach 90 overall, so I had all the sliders tweaked.

I am the 1st one to get this trophy feels nice haha. If my team lost 3 in a row I would play the next game to avoid being sent down to the AHL.

nguava

Sep 14, 2016
I played all playoff games, earning like 6k XP each game. My main goal was getting the Elite trophy for having a be a pro reach 90 overall, so I had all the sliders tweaked.

I am the 1st one to get this trophy feels nice haha. If my team lost 3 in a row I would play the next game to avoid being sent down to the AHL.

Ahh I see. Did you start your career in the juniors or NHL?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
How did you get to 90 so fast? I'm a 17 year old with a rating of 62 and I noticed when I sim I only get maybe 300-400 exp per week.

I turned off my simming penalty as well!

What is the Simming penalty? Is it when you sim 5-6 games and your coach said that they are not happy with your play so they drop you a line?

If the setting is off, that's not going to happen?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What is the Simming penalty? Is it when you sim 5-6 games and your coach said that they are not happy with your play so they drop you a line?

If the setting is off, that's not going to happen?

You described simming penalty exactly. You're punished for simming even if your guy puts up a ton of points in the simulation, which makes absolutely no sense.

If you turn sim penalty off it's supposed to make sure that doesn't happen, but it still does anyway.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

nguava

Sep 14, 2016
Seems to me EA focused on the revamp of My GM and other game modes for NHL 17. I suspect EA will do a complete overhaul of BaP for NHL 18....

I hope.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
You described simming penalty exactly. You're punished for simming even if your guy puts up a ton of points in the simulation, which makes absolutely no sense.

If you turn sim penalty off it's supposed to make sure that doesn't happen, but it still does anyway.

That is really disappointing. Looks like I will be skipping this mode this year.

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
I LOVE the injuries in BAP now. I used to write down all my stats because I'd sim 5-20 games a season to create "pretend" injuries. It would look weird when Ray would say "so and so is top 10 in goals this year" and I'd have way more goals than I should. Now that I can get a concussion and miss 20 games, it reflects it in the stats. Gone are the days where I have 10 seasons of 82 games played.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
started out as a defenseman for Kelowna. Superstar, full-sim, 20 minute periods, no sliders tweaked.

Played one game. Ended in 10-2 victory, but I only had 1 assist as the forwards took care of scoring. Net battles really make defending a lot better and fun. The addition of "game situation" goals from the coach and the shift timer are pretty cool.

only complaints I have are the rather harsh coaches ("bad line defense" when I get scored on the second I start my shift) and how it seems like everytime you start your shift your team is giving up a breakaway.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Got drafted # 5 by VAN and was sent Down to the 3rd line after the preseason games and 3 season games With 7 goals and 4 assists...

Also why is it soooo hard to show the players goal total so far in the season when they score but can't show how many assists the player also has..

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Just started mine. Doing a year before getting drafted to see if I can go first over all. Last year I had 200 pts. 100 goals 100 assists (yes it was done on purpose) and got drafted in the 5th round because i simmed too much. INSTANT deal breaker. This year they changed how many shifts and I am liking that. However depending on the draft and how simming effects the game it might also be a deal breaker.

nguava

Sep 14, 2016
I got first overall by playing my first 15 games or so and then simming the rest of the season.

I think the trick is to make sure your offense/defense/teammate grades are high in the green during the games you play and it seems carry throughout the rest of the season even when you sim.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I got first overall by playing my first 15 games or so and then simming the rest of the season.

I think the trick is to make sure your offense/defense/teammate grades are high in the green during the games you play and it seems carry throughout the rest of the season even when you sim.

What was your overall when doing this? I am about 13 games in an a 68 over all. I would like to be in the high 70's at least for the start of the NHL.

nguava

Sep 14, 2016
My overall at the draft wasn't as high as I wanted it to be. I think I was at 70.

In my opinion the best way to get to the high 70s is to play every game and be patient!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad