Be a Pro Mode

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Was thinking about starting a be a pro career as a 15 year old with an Ohl team. I was gonna try and play all the ohl games till I'm eligible for the NHL draft in 2021. Does anyone know if your teammates improve at all during your time in the ohl??? On NHL 18 all chl players overalls stayed the same and didn't change until they got to the NHL. Is this still the case in NHL 19? I wanna know how good I should make prospects right away. I don't want my teammates being stuck at 59-60 overalls for 3 seasons while my be a pro players keeps getting better. Hope someone can answer that for me?

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Drafted first overall by the Sabres. I asked for a trade to any organization at the start of my second season. My character is 85 OVR, and an Elite Low potential Offensive Defenseman. Started off the first 4 games with no points. After the next 6 games I had 6 goals and 4 assists. Got word that I was traded to Dallas. I check the trade news and they only gave up a 3rd round pick in the deal. Kinda disappointed It wasn't a better deal for a former first overall pick. Still enjoying this mode immensely.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
What’s the best camera angle to use? Like the old ones where you’re close to your player?

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Being a goalie is depressing

Year 1

• Best GAA
  • Best Save %
  • Leads NYI to playoffs
  • Has a poor game in game 82 and gets benched for the playoffs
  • We get swept
  • I request trade
  • GM tells me I'm no good and not worth asking

Year 2
  • Disgruntled Islander goalie, changed my equipment so that there was no orange, blue or white to make a stand
  • Requests trade but realize I need more skill traits
  • Sim most of season because in my head I told the GM I was never putting on Islander sweater again (Roy homage)
  • We suck
Year 3
  • Gets traded to Boston
  • Finds out Tuukka Rask is gone and the only other goalie is a 79 overall Jimmy Howard (I'm an 80 at this point)
  • Beats Howard out, wins Vezina, Jennings and Lindsay awards
  • We actually lose in 1st round vs Rangers
  • Nobody offers me contract besides Boston and Carolina, and it's the league minimum
  • Signs with Carolina out of spite
Year 4
  • Ready to win cup, see's Tuukka Rask is penciled as the starter, despite having the worst stats I've ever seen a good goalie have for 3 seasons
  • Requests trade

I'm either a locker room cancer or the world is out to get me. This mode would be so much funner with additional features I see in other sports games be a pro but it's still fun and annoying

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Thanks guys, Ill probably stick with my 18 until they fix the BAP mode, since its the only mode I play...

f***ing EA man.... so much wasted potential

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Picked up 19 yesterday. Made a 16 year old 5'10, 180 lb Russian playmaking RW, on the Steelheads.

1+6 for 7 points in 7 GP so far, having a really tough time getting goals. So weak and slow right now, constantly getting bumped off the puck and not fast enough to get away from anyone. Having absolutely zero shot isn't helping either. Kind of enjoying the challenge though

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I have periods set at 10 minutes, and for some unknown reason I'm getting 1 shift a period, 2 if I'm lucky...despite taking normal length shifts.

This mode is pretty awful, shame.

Alright, I just went into a game, scored 10 seconds into my first shift and then was benched the remaining 56 minutes of the game. I played 10 seconds the entire game. EA is absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I tried creating a BAP with minimum height and maximum weight because I thought that would be hilarous to score tons of goals with a little fat guy, but they won't let me. That sucks. Why play a video game if you can't do stupid things.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Anyone know how much your player will grow if you make him 15? I don't want to make a 6'1 C, and then have him develop into a 6'4 big clunky skater by the time he's 19.

But I also don't want to be a 5'11 or 6'0 midget C either. I want to be 6'2-6'3 but am not sure which height to start off with as a 15 year old.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Anyone know how much your player will grow if you make him 15? I don't want to make a 6'1 C, and then have him develop into a 6'4 big clunky skater by the time he's 19.

But I also don't want to be a 5'11 or 6'0 midget C either. I want to be 6'2-6'3 but am not sure which height to start off with as a 15 year old.

I once started with a 15yo center at 5'11" and he ended-up 6'2" by the time he was 20yo.

Reactions: TimeZone

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
I made a playmaker center that was 6'1" just over 200lbs 17 years old with one season left in the OHL before his draft. He had 10 assists before his first goal. At some point in the season he got hurt and was out for like a month. By the end of the year he had a few more assists than goals. Don't remember his final stats but it was toward the top of the team. Over the coarse of the year I was projected to be drafted in the second or third. With the rush of points at the end of the season I end up getting drafted late second round to the Blues. I started on the third line and worked my way to the top line through half a season. i was hurt again for a few weeks but i'm contributing points and such. My offensive awareness,defensive awareness, endurance and faceoffs are all maxed out with other getting close too. Again my stats are about even between goals and assists. I'd prefer a player like Adam Oates or Joe Thornton to a goal scoring machine. Its not a bad as previous years when if your player wasn't scoring your team wasn't scoring.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Playing on All-Star with 20 minute periods, 6’3 180 TWF RW
Did the Memorial Cup with Acadie Bathurst and won, drafted 64th by Ottawa
Make the team as a 69ovr, play first 4 games 2 goals 0 assists then get a broken foot
Return to lineup, play 4 games 2 goals 2 assists then get a sprained MCL
Return to lineup, play 2 games 2 goals 1 assist then get a broken nose
Return to lineup, first game back score a goal then get a concussion miss the rest of the season
71 (!) games missed to injury, 11 games played 7 goals 3 assists.

Am a 72 to start the preseason of year 2, got a durability increasing trait in the offseason... maybe i can get 20 games in this season :laugh:
EDIT: played first 2 games of the season, no pts and of course I get hit, broken leg out 30 games.. return for 4 games 1goal 1assist and... get hit, herniated disc, missed 37 games. Final season totals 15gp 5g 2a 7pts, am a 76 now in season 3 4 games in no goals 2 assists and you guessed it concussion out 2 months :laugh: turning injuries off now, I wanted a realistic experience but this is ridiculous

Last edited:
Reactions: vicprestige

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I tried creating a BAP with minimum height and maximum weight because I thought that would be hilarous to score tons of goals with a little fat guy, but they won't let me. That sucks. Why play a video game if you can't do stupid things.

You should check out Monster Factory, they play a lot with that concept.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I played an entire season....won 1st round of playoffs. Suddenly all I had was an option to Sim and not play. I wasn't injured. Got knocked out in second round. Leafs went on to win the Cup. Rigged!

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
I played an entire season....won 1st round of playoffs. Suddenly all I had was an option to Sim and not play. I wasn't injured. Got knocked out in second round. Leafs went on to win the Cup. Rigged!

My first year i got injuried in February and was out for 90 days. Team made the playoff and won the first round. I recoved from my injury before the second round started. However i was never in the the line up for the rest of the playoffs. We got eliminated in the second or third round. What the hell.

The second year i have started. I have 19 points in 14 games. Thinks are looking up.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
My first year i got injuried in February and was out for 90 days. Team made the playoff and won the first round. I recoved from my injury before the second round started. However i was never in the the line up for the rest of the playoffs. We got eliminated in the second or third round. What the hell.

The second year i have started. I have 19 points in 14 games. Thinks are looking up.

Did your jersey number automatically change in your second season? This seems to happen with every EASPORT NHL game and then they fix it later. You'd figure they would get it right after being reminded about it EVERY year.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
Did your jersey number automatically change in your second season? This seems to happen with every EASPORT NHL game and then they fix it later. You'd figure they would get it right after being reminded about it EVERY year.

No my number stayed the same.

H2OFroster

Casual ice hockey follower
Nov 29, 2017
Finland
F@#& you Buffalo for drafting me. I'm 9 games into the season and our record is 1-7-1. Erik Karlsson (yes, Buffalo managed to sign him somehow) got injured in the 5th game so our defense is even worse.

hockeyguy96

Nov 9, 2018
I am looking at starting a be a pro on NHL 19 and seeing if there is a difference from NHL 18 - 19 if anyone could tell me i am thinking of playing the awesome style of an enforcer that can rack up points any suggestions on build ? and will surely keep you all updated about my progress.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Think it would be cool if you could develop overseas if you made your pro a Euro. Of course, EA can't even include the most simplistic things in this mode, so that'll never happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->