Be a Pro Mode

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That is really disappointing. Looks like I will be skipping this mode this year.

Sorry, I should've clarified that what I was talking about was in regards to NHL 16. I don't know if it still happens in '17 or not as I haven't played BeAPro just yet.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
They really should let you decide if you want to fight or not. Tired of getting into stupid fights cause of a clean but hard body check.

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
started out as a defenseman for Kelowna. Superstar, full-sim, 20 minute periods, no sliders tweaked.

Played one game. Ended in 10-2 victory, but I only had 1 assist as the forwards took care of scoring. Net battles really make defending a lot better and fun. The addition of "game situation" goals from the coach and the shift timer are pretty cool.

only complaints I have are the rather harsh coaches ("bad line defense" when I get scored on the second I start my shift) and how it seems like everytime you start your shift your team is giving up a breakaway.

How the hell did you manage that?? I play on All-Star and during sim to next shift, teams no longer scored the past few days :/ even worse, the opposition would get 2-3 goals on me in the 3rd every game the last 10 games. I don't know what's going on but it's driving me nuts. I was playing as a Center.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
How the hell did you manage that?? I play on All-Star and during sim to next shift, teams no longer scored the past few days :/ even worse, the opposition would get 2-3 goals on me in the 3rd every game the last 10 games. I don't know what's going on but it's driving me nuts. I was playing as a Center.

no idea, because the games since then have all been really close games. could have just been ice tilt doing it's thing.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Doesnt seem like theres much u can do besides play a game u cant even edit specific stats, request trades, or retire... like in nhl 14.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Doesnt seem like theres much u can do besides play a game u cant even edit specific stats, request trades, or retire... like in nhl 14.

The fact you can't request a trade is just embarrassing tbh. IDK how you leave that out like, 3 years in a row.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
Well I just finished up a junior season with my pro and thought i'd share my details.

I played every game with 3 minute periods and easy settings to rack up points easier.

Team. London Knights
right shot LW Sniper

Regular Season Point totals
Goals. 176
Assist. 91
Points. 267
Hits. 415

Won the playoffs and Mem Cup.
Got drafted 2nd overall by the Habs. Not sure what i needed to do to get drafted 1st lol.

85 Overall to start the season.

Last edited:

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
Well I just finished up a junior season with my pro and thought i'd share my details.

I played every game with 3 minute periods and easy settings to rack up points easier.

Team. London Knights
right shot LW Sniper

Goals. 176
Assist. 91
Points. 267
Hits. 415

Got drafted 2nd overall by the Habs. Not sure what i needed to do to get drafted 1st lol.

That's pretty good. I used to do that too. Now I'm stuck wanting to play full 20 minute periods to have as realistic stats as possible for the team, but 3 minute periods were so much more fun.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
So I was playing LA as a member of the VAN team and we were down 4-1 with 13 mins to play in the 3rd when I had a great 30 sec shift with a goal & a assist..

The game was now 4-3 to LA with 12.30 to go in the 3rd when I went to the bench..

My next shift was with 45 SECONDS left !

Where's the Logic that you sit for close to 12 mins is a close game?

I'm on the 3rd line if that helps..

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013

Team. London Knights
right shot LW Sniper

Goals. 176
Assist. 91
Points. 267
Hits. 415

I am doing the same but with 5 minute periods. I am a Right Handed offensive defender. I am essentially trying to make brian leetch. I used same body size and number haha. WHen i get drafted i will bump the difficulty up to the second hardest until i hit 90 overall or become captain of my team and bump it up again to the hardest (as if now players and teams know i am a massive threat and target me like teams do crosby,ovi,kane)

However the fact you still didn't get draft 1st overall makes me already want to turn the game off. **** like this is so annoying. I played 1 period out of every 3 games on NHL 14's be a pro and still got drafted 1st overall. Then i played 1 period out of every 4 games and still never got sent down to the ahl or dropped a line unless i played like **** in my 1 period. How are these modes getting so so so much worse?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Regarding the draft, just so everyone knows, it's not all about how many points you scored. Coach feedback is valued a lot more. So as long as all three of those (offensive, defensive, teamplay) are consistently in the green, you should get drafted fairly high.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Despite simming penalty off, demotion still happen every 7 games or so

Sad this glitch is still in this game, for 3 straight years... maybe next year

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I am actually having a ton of fun playing this mode this year. It is where I have sunk most of my time.
I am playing for Moncton as I always do. Either the game is just different, or the real life team is getting better, because the team is less frustrating than prior years :laugh:

I actually like that you earn XP based off of how you play instead of being able to boost stats at your own choosing. You can really see what type of player you are.

I wish you could request a trade or retire though.
I am a left handed two-way defender - full length periods.

I will update with stats when I hop back into the game tomorrow

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Despite simming penalty off, demotion still happen every 7 games or so

Sad this glitch is still in this game, for 3 straight years... maybe next year

I don't think it's a glitch. You're still accountable of your play just as if you were actually playing the games. I know it's annoying sometimes to get demoted even if you're the leading your team in points but in 16 I was able to sim whole seasons and my guy played like 95% of the games on the first line. Only if my production dropped for a couple of games I was demoted but never stayed on that second line very long. I was 90+ though.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Regarding the draft, just so everyone knows, it's not all about how many points you scored. Coach feedback is valued a lot more. So as long as all three of those (offensive, defensive, teamplay) are consistently in the green, you should get drafted fairly high.

i get that but its also stupid. If you are a late round draft pick a your reputation is going to hurt you compared to point total but if you have 3 times as many points as the next person in the draft.... nothing a coach could say would ever stop you from being drafted first overall.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Why play BaP mode if you aren't actually going to play?
That doesn't make sense to me

For easy math. lets say i play 5 games a day EVERY DAY. By the time my Be A Pro is old enough to retire.... the new game would be out for at least a month. He would be 33 or 34 years old depending on your birthday by the time nhl 18 comes out. So the question should be... what kind of person buys a game to only play half a career in one mode per year? and why is that person the target demographic of nhl be a pro?

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
I understand simming some games but not full seasons

This is HF for you:

"I hate when you sim 40 games you get demoted!"

"Why do you sim so much then?"

"WELL I DON'T WANT TO PLAY 82 GAMES FOR 25 SEASONS"

I'd imagine that by changing your period length and for example play like "play one - sim two" -style you'd still get seasons go pretty fast.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
the problem for me is progression...i created bure jr. but i cant affect his speed... everything progresses more balanced its boring, it would be nice if i could earn exp and choose to spend it where i want.

at the moment all i get in the skating department is endurance...

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
the problem for me is progression...i created bure jr. but i cant affect his speed... everything progresses more balanced its boring, it would be nice if i could earn exp and choose to spend it where i want.

at the moment all i get in the skating department is endurance...

I agree that it is somewhat stupid that you're not awarded with exp points to your speed or agility during gameplay. Only beating an icing gives you some points to speed. Imo things like coming back to your own end backchecking or getting on a breakaway should give you speed. Otherwise I'm ok with the progresison system because you actually can see what parts of your game needs improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad