Be A GM Thread - NHL16 EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Made some minor edits to some players like Talbot being lower than Scrivens, made Talbot 84, Scrivens 82.

I made Draisaitl just a bit higher to 76, Nurse to 75.

Made Hendricks and Schultz lower overall and potential.

I won the cup my first year. Only trades I did were Ference to Boston for a 4th and a 5th round pick, Gryba (who was sulking) to Buffalo for Deslauriers and a 2017 third for Josh Manson of Anaheim.

McDavid won Calder, with only 44 points. Still, he was at 87 overall by the all star game and was 90 overall at the start of year two. Weirdly, even though Scrivens was a fringe starter and Talbot winning the Conn Smythe, Scrivens went to 87 overall and Talbot to 86....

I drafted 30th and drafted a low elite center!

Drafting is so much better this year too. Saw a lot of guys with good potential getting drafted. Accidentally made Auston Matthews some how a 2017 draft eligible though.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
:flames
Halfway Into The Season Report

The Flames are now 41 games into the season, with a decent record of 20-18-3. The Flames currently hold 5th place in the Pacific.

Top 3 point leaders
Sean Monahan 20 Goals 24 Assists 44 Points (Injuries are off btw)
Johnny Gaudreau 28 Goals 14 Assists 42 Points
Sam Bennett 17 Goals 18 Assists 35 Points

Goalie Stats
Jonas Hiller 10-10-2 2.51 GAA .910 SV%
Karri Ramo 11-8-0 2.36 GAA .914 SV%

Highest Morale
Joe Colborne
Dennis Wideman
Karri Ramo
Sam Bennett
Curtis Glencross

Lowest Morale
Kris Russell
Jiri Hudler
Michael Ferland
Adam Pardy
Mikael Backlund

The Flames are reportedly shopping Pardy and Backlund due to them being unhappy on the team. Pardy has also requested a trade and doesn't get along with D-man partner Dennis Wideman.

Buckwheat

Jan 15, 2010
NY
Gonna do a Sabres GM once the first roster update is out so I have Eichel lol. That and so other first round picks like Hanafin, etc.. If they're in the game. Might create some NCAA players too that were already drafted too by other teams not just Buffalo.

If I wanted to create an Auston Matthews for the 2016 draft is there a way I can put him on a CHL team so I don't have to assign him to a random team?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Anybody know if there is a way to sub teams? On NHL 15 I used to sub Florida or Arizona for some Euro team and start with a blank slate.

ThatNavyGuy

Mar 6, 2012
Gonna do a Sabres GM once the first roster update is out so I have Eichel lol. That and so other first round picks like Hanafin, etc.. If they're in the game. Might create some NCAA players too that were already drafted too by other teams not just Buffalo.

If I wanted to create an Auston Matthews for the 2016 draft is there a way I can put him on a CHL team so I don't have to assign him to a random team?

yeah just create him and assign him to said CHL team.

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Sorry if this has been posted or asked about already, but yesterday I attempted to upload some of the prospects in this game for next years draft, but when I created them, they all came with duplicates? I had two Auston Matthews, one in free agency and the other was available to be scouted, I tried assigning some teams to fix this, but then both duplicates ended up with ZLA in the National League? Any help would be appreciated, I ended up resetting my roster already :help: because of this, and basically wasted a lot of hours of my life (They could make a movie about this for EA Sports).

ThatNavyGuy

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry if this has been posted or asked about already, but yesterday I attempted to upload some of the prospects in this game for next years draft, but when I created them, they all came with duplicates? I had two Auston Matthews, one in free agency and the other was available to be scouted, I tried assigning some teams to fix this, but then both duplicates ended up with ZLA in the National League? Any help would be appreciated, I ended up resetting my roster already :help: because of this, and basically wasted a lot of hours of my life (They could make a movie about this for EA Sports).

Did you use the most recent roster update? Matthews was added to the most recent one, so that could be your problem.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Biggest trade in modern day EA Sports NHL16 history, with a medium trade difficulty on... posted soon! *suspense music*

FLYERS TRADE THEIR CAPTAIN AND ONE ASSISTANT IN THE BIGGEST TRADE IN MODERN DAY FANTASY LAND NHL HISTORY

ThatNavyGuy

Mar 6, 2012
Biggest trade in modern day EA Sports NHL16 history, with a medium trade difficulty on... posted soon! *suspense music*

FLYERS TRADE THEIR CAPTAIN AND ONE ASSISTANT IN THE BIGGEST TRADE IN MODERN DAY FANTASY LAND NHL HISTORY

nervous.gif

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
BREAKING: Flyers acquire Connor McDavid and Darnell Nurse from Edmonton for Claude Giroux, Victor Hedman and 2 1st round picks

In an extremely difficult decision, GM Edwardson has traded away his beloved captain and assistant for the most premier player in the NHL in Connor McDavid and a younger, cheaper dman in Darnell Nurse

Claude Giroux had been losing player morale for unknown reasons and had dropped to 91 overall after peaking at 94 overall. His trade value was still high, so while on the downslope, he traded him for Connor McDavid, who had progressed to 99 overall.

The trade comes as a complete shock after 4 straight Stanley Cups, but the Flyers saved roughly 3M in this deal which would go towards Travis Sanheim (91) and Ivan Provorov (92), and got a lot younger.

Surprisingly, the only player that regressed in this trade was Shayne Gostisbehere, who went from an 88 to 86. Claude Giroux, also known as "Ginger Jesus" will be missed dearly.

FLYERS ACQUIRE BENSON FROM VANCOUVER FOR LANDESKOG
In another big move, Flyers trade away Landeskog(89) who was a locker room cancer for W Tyler Benson(87, progressed to 89 start of season). This move gets rid of the locker room cancer and sheds some major salary, and allows the Flyers to get even younger.

The Flyers opening roster for the 2019/2020 season is as follows:

Hall(92)-McDavid(99)-Tarasenko(93)
Benson(89)-Laughton(94)-Gauthier(87)
Raffl(83)-Cousins(83)-Konecny(85)
Kenins(83)-Shore(82)-White(83)

Provorov(92)-Nurse(92)
Sanheim(91)-Ghost(86)
Hagg(85)-Morin(84)

Mason(90)
Visentin(84)

Flyers look for their 5th consecutive cup!

ThatNavyGuy

Mar 6, 2012
BREAKING: Flyers acquire Connor McDavid and Darnell Nurse from Edmonton for Claude Giroux, Victor Hedman and 2 1st round picks

In an extremely difficult decision, GM Edwardson has traded away his beloved captain and assistant for the most premier player in the NHL in Connor McDavid and a younger, cheaper dman in Darnell Nurse

Claude Giroux had been losing player morale for unknown reasons and had dropped to 91 overall after peaking at 94 overall. His trade value was still high, so while on the downslope, he traded him for Connor McDavid, who had progressed to 99 overall.

The trade comes as a complete shock after 4 straight Stanley Cups, but the Flyers saved roughly 3M in this deal which would go towards Travis Sanheim (91) and Ivan Provorov (92), and got a lot younger.

Surprisingly, the only player that regressed in this trade was Shayne Gostisbehere, who went from an 88 to 86. Claude Giroux, also known as "Ginger Jesus" will be missed dearly.

FLYERS ACQUIRE BENSON FROM VANCOUVER FOR LANDESKOG
In another big move, Flyers trade away Landeskog(89) who was a locker room cancer for W Tyler Benson(87, progressed to 89 start of season). This move gets rid of the locker room cancer and sheds some major salary, and allows the Flyers to get even younger.

The Flyers opening roster for the 2019/2020 season is as follows:

Hall(92)-McDavid(99)-Tarasenko(93)
Benson(89)-Laughton(94)-Gauthier(87)
Raffl(83)-Cousins(83)-Konecny(85)
Kenins(83)-Shore(82)-White(83)

Provorov(92)-Nurse(92)
Sanheim(91)-Ghost(86)
Hagg(85)-Morin(84)

Mason(90)
Visentin(84)

Flyers look for their 5th consecutive cup!

bravo2.gif

Jbiz

Sep 23, 2015
Carolina Hurricanes
Year one of the Rebuilding

Pre-season Hopeful
New GM Ron Francis, who’s now taken over full time duty when Jim Rutherford stepped down at the helm did a few small moves in the preseason by signing unsigned defensive prospect Rinat Valiev (3 yrs – ELC) and goaltender prospect Petterson-Wentzel (3 yrs –ELC). The preseason went well for the ‘Canes as they stamped out a 5-1-1 record before puck drop of the regular season.

Saying good bye to Staal
With the hurricanes stumbling out of the gate to a 2-6-0 record, Ron Francis was approached by Nashville Predators GM, David Poile about a potential trade for Eric Staal. Nashville has always been a team on the “contender” bubble but tended to be weak down the middle with no clear cut number one center. Eric accepted Ron’s request to waive his no trade clause as Nashville was off to a respectable 3-3-2 record and being in the last year of his contract he wanted a chance to win. In the package Ron Francis sent Eric Staal to Nashville in exchange for their 2016, 2017 first round picks as well as LW prospect Kevin Fiala.

Signings with the savings
Missing their top star and being under the minimum cap forced Ron Francis to dip his hand into the free agent pool by inking Brad Boyes (1 year – 1 way), Curtis Glencross (1 year – 1 way) and Marcel Goc (1 year – 1 way) to separate deals. Boye’s slots in as a second line RW where Goc slots in on the 3rd pair ahead of Jay McClement.

Captain Crunch

With the departure of Eric Staal, head coach Bill Peters, elected to give an alternate captaincy to Jeff Skinner, having 3 alternates instead of naming a captain. The split in responsibility is among Justin Faulk, Jordan Staal and now Jeff Skinner.

Prospect and Picks
GM Francis sent off one of his off season acquisitions in Kris Versteeg to Montreal Canadians as Bergevin was reaching out for some experience and wing depth. Francis was able to pry a 2017 3rd round pick along with forward prospect and former second round choice, Arrturi Lehkonen.

Ward in Hockey Town
After an injury to Jonathan Bernier and a struggling Jame’s Reimer. Toronto off to a great start decided they needed some goaltender depth moving forward and saw Ward on a 1 year deal as a great stop gap to help them make the playoffs for the first time since the lock out shortened season. With Eddie Lack taking the brunt of the starts, Francis was able to flip him to Toronto for a 2nd and 3rd round choice in the upcoming draft.

Trade Deadline Dealing
With the worst record in the NHL Francis was having a full out fire sale. Selling off Boyes (signed in November), LW Brad Malone and journeyman goaltender Drew MacIntyre to Ottawa for defensive prospect Englund and a 3rd and 4th round pick in the 2016 draft. Glencross was sent to Anahaeim for their playoff run with a return of a 3rd round choice as well as AHL defenseman Gagner. The last deal of the day saw Marcel Goc flipped for Boston’s 3rd round choice in the upcoming draft.

League News
Nashville Predators won their first presidents trophy with the help of Eric Staal. However, they were eliminated in 6 games of their opening round series with the Dallas Stars. Montreal Canadians were victorious in celebrating their 25th Stanley Cup. Patrick Kane did not let the summer distraction get to him this season as he nabs the Hart, Art Ross, Lindsay and Rocket. Becoming the first player since Ovechkin to accomplish the feat in 2008.

The 2016 Entry Draft
With the first choice of the entry draft Ron Francis was delighted to get his potential new number one center when he drafted from the Zurich Lions of the Swiss League, Austin Matthews (79 overall, Medium/Elite). Francis then flipped the first round pick received in the Sekera deal from LAK along with 3rd round choices from Boston and New Jersey to move up to the 5th selection and select from the Vancouver Giants, Tyler Benson (High/top 6). Seeing that Julian Gauthier (low/top 6) was available with the 26th pick, Francis traded up with Calgary, in exchange for 3rd round choices acquired from Winnipeg, Florida and their own. With the 28th pick of the first round (Nashville) Francis was proud to select from the SM-Ligga Puljvjarvi (medium/top 9).

Carolina Stats
30th overall 55 pts (23-50-9)
30th goals for 156
30th goals against 271
17th power play 17.23%
30th penalty kill 75%

Top Players
Justin Faulk (82-14-31-45)
Jordan Staal (82-11-34-45)
Elias Lindholm (79-12-31-43)
Jeff Skinner (72-27-14-41)

(Let me know if you guys like it and I'll post year 2 for you guys)

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Carolina Hurricanes
Year one of the Rebuilding

Pre-season Hopeful
New GM Ron Francis, who’s now taken over full time duty when Jim Rutherford stepped down at the helm did a few small moves in the preseason by signing unsigned defensive prospect Rinat Valiev (3 yrs – ELC) and goaltender prospect Petterson-Wentzel (3 yrs –ELC). The preseason went well for the ‘Canes as they stamped out a 5-1-1 record before puck drop of the regular season.

Saying good bye to Staal
With the hurricanes stumbling out of the gate to a 2-6-0 record, Ron Francis was approached by Nashville Predators GM, David Poile about a potential trade for Eric Staal. Nashville has always been a team on the “contender†bubble but tended to be weak down the middle with no clear cut number one center. Eric accepted Ron’s request to waive his no trade clause as Nashville was off to a respectable 3-3-2 record and being in the last year of his contract he wanted a chance to win. In the package Ron Francis sent Eric Staal to Nashville in exchange for their 2016, 2017 first round picks as well as LW prospect Kevin Fiala.

Signings with the savings
Missing their top star and being under the minimum cap forced Ron Francis to dip his hand into the free agent pool by inking Brad Boyes (1 year – 1 way), Curtis Glencross (1 year – 1 way) and Marcel Goc (1 year – 1 way) to separate deals. Boye’s slots in as a second line RW where Goc slots in on the 3rd pair ahead of Jay McClement.

Captain Crunch

With the departure of Eric Staal, head coach Bill Peters, elected to give an alternate captaincy to Jeff Skinner, having 3 alternates instead of naming a captain. The split in responsibility is among Justin Faulk, Jordan Staal and now Jeff Skinner.

Prospect and Picks
GM Francis sent off one of his off season acquisitions in Kris Versteeg to Montreal Canadians as Bergevin was reaching out for some experience and wing depth. Francis was able to pry a 2017 3rd round pick along with forward prospect and former second round choice, Arrturi Lehkonen.

Ward in Hockey Town
After an injury to Jonathan Bernier and a struggling Jame’s Reimer. Toronto off to a great start decided they needed some goaltender depth moving forward and saw Ward on a 1 year deal as a great stop gap to help them make the playoffs for the first time since the lock out shortened season. With Eddie Lack taking the brunt of the starts, Francis was able to flip him to Toronto for a 2nd and 3rd round choice in the upcoming draft.

Trade Deadline Dealing
With the worst record in the NHL Francis was having a full out fire sale. Selling off Boyes (signed in November), LW Brad Malone and journeyman goaltender Drew MacIntyre to Ottawa for defensive prospect Englund and a 3rd and 4th round pick in the 2016 draft. Glencross was sent to Anahaeim for their playoff run with a return of a 3rd round choice as well as AHL defenseman Gagner. The last deal of the day saw Marcel Goc flipped for Boston’s 3rd round choice in the upcoming draft.

League News
Nashville Predators won their first presidents trophy with the help of Eric Staal. However, they were eliminated in 6 games of their opening round series with the Dallas Stars. Montreal Canadians were victorious in celebrating their 25th Stanley Cup. Patrick Kane did not let the summer distraction get to him this season as he nabs the Hart, Art Ross, Lindsay and Rocket. Becoming the first player since Ovechkin to accomplish the feat in 2008.

The 2016 Entry Draft
With the first choice of the entry draft Ron Francis was delighted to get his potential new number one center when he drafted from the Zurich Lions of the Swiss League, Austin Matthews (79 overall, Medium/Elite). Francis then flipped the first round pick received in the Sekera deal from LAK along with 3rd round choices from Boston and New Jersey to move up to the 5th selection and select from the Vancouver Giants, Tyler Benson (High/top 6). Seeing that Julian Gauthier (low/top 6) was available with the 26th pick, Francis traded up with Calgary, in exchange for 3rd round choices acquired from Winnipeg, Florida and their own. With the 28th pick of the first round (Nashville) Francis was proud to select from the SM-Ligga Puljvjarvi (medium/top 9).

Carolina Stats
30th overall 55 pts (23-50-9)
30th goals for 156
30th goals against 271
17th power play 17.23%
30th penalty kill 75%

Top Players
Justin Faulk (82-14-31-45)
Jordan Staal (82-11-34-45)
Elias Lindholm (79-12-31-43)
Jeff Skinner (72-27-14-41)

(Let me know if you guys like it and I'll post year 2 for you guys)

Quite the amazing draft you had there! :handclap:

Very well done IMO. Carolina's off to a great, quick rebuild.

FYI I also drafted Gauthier around that same spot and he was up to 87 2 years later for me.

Jbiz

Sep 23, 2015
Quite the amazing draft you had there! :handclap:

Very well done IMO. Carolina's off to a great, quick rebuild.

FYI I also drafted Gauthier around that same spot and he was up to 87 2 years later for me.

45% morale, however Charlotte Checkers were hovering around 80% morale. Great draft, gave up a lot of 3rd round picks for a chance at some higher end talent.

Jbiz

Sep 23, 2015
Carolina Hurricanes
Year two of the rebuild

Players Out from 2015-16: Eric Staal (trade), Versteeg (trade), Nash (released), Terry (released), Gerbe (released), Malone (trade), Jordan (released), Ward (trade)

Players In for 2016-17: Killorn (FA), Tanguay (FA), Cole (FA), Ballard (FA), McCollum (FA), Matthews (Draft)

Preseason Predictor?
Going an identical 5-1-1 compared to last year had pundits wondering if Carolina did enough this season to look like the team that goes 5-1-1 or the team that finished 30th in the league in most of the key statistics last year. With some holes to fill, Justin Shugg and Zack Boychuk were able to make the opening day roster out of training camp.

Familiar Name, Different Captain
Jordan stall was named the 6th captain in franchise history after serving as an alternate captain the past two years. He takes over as team captain from his older brother Eric who was captain from 2010-2015. “I hope to lead by example and be a positive figure and leader in the locker room” said Jordan when asked to comment before the home opener.

Fast out of the Gate
With a 8-2-0 record in October and another 10-2-1 record in November, Carolina is off to one of the best starts in franchise history with a 18-4-1 record. Thanks to the increase in production by Jeff Skinner and some great secondary scoring from the Tanguay – Matthews- Cole line.

The season is a marathon not a 100M dash
With December and January the hurricanes saw their run turn into a stumble as an injury to their captain, Jordan Stall (7 games), Boychuk (10 games) and Shugg (7 games) saw some line changes with Nordstrom getting the callup from Charlotte and performing well despite the 14-24-2 record for the months of December, January and February.

Deadline Deal
Tanguay was losing his spot on the roster with the emergence of Alex Killorn as a top 6 forward. Alex showed great chemistry with the young and talented, Austin Matthews and the wily veteran Erik Cole. Tanguay became expendable and on a one year contract was shopped to the Florida Panthers for Marc Savard’s contract and a 4th round pick as consolation. This was mearly a locker room move as it opened up space for Nordstrom to stick with the big club.

The Home Stretch
The change in the locker room was all that was needed and with Jeff Skinner leading the way the hurricanes we able to pull a 12-5-2 record after the deadline and clinch a wild card playoff spot. “This is the first post season since 2008-09. That’s 8 long years the fans have waited to be back in the playoffs. I’m proud of the team and if they can keep growing in the right direction, who knows where they might be!” said GM Ron Francis after they clinched the wildcard spot.

Playoffs
Despite winning the first game of the series in Tampa Bay and splitting the games on the road and winning their first home game in game 3. Carolina’s youth and inexperience would get the best of them as Tampa Bay would win the next three games and put an end to Carolina’s bitter sweet season.

Game 1 = 3 – 0 CAR
Game 2 = 6 – 3 TBL
Game 3 = 3 – 1 CAR
Game 4 = 3 -2 TBL
Game 5 = 5 -2 TBL
Game 6 = 4 -1 TBL

League Notes
Tampa Bay would go on to win the Stanley Cup for the first time since 2003-04. Marc-Andre Fluery would win the Hart, Vezina, Jennings and Ted Lindsay, become the second goaltender this decade to accomplish the feat behind Carey Price’s historical 2014-15 season. Alex Ovechkin would win his second Art Ross and sixth Rocket Richard as the top point and goal scorer. Erik Cole would announce his retirement from Hockey after starting his career in Carolina he would make stops in Edmonton, Montreal, Dallas and Detroit before return to where it all started.

2017 Entry Level Draft
This draft was not as exciting for Ron Francis and the Carolina Hurricans as it was in 2016. However, in the first round at 17th overall Francis connected some blood lines by drafting another big defenseman from the Dub from the Kootenay Ice, Cale Fluery. Cale is the younger brother of 2014’s 7th overall draft pick of the Hurricanes, Haydn. With the 24th overall pick from the Staal to Nashville Trade, Ron Francis was happy to select defenseman from the DEL, Kretschmann.

Carolina Stats
14 Overall 87 pts
2 goals for 234
15 goals against 198
17 power play 15.73%
9 penalty kill 85.79%

Top Players
Jeff Skinner (80-43-34-77)
Justin Faulk (82-9-42-51)
Elias Lindholm (82-13-37-50)
Jordan Staal (75-18-30-48)
Alex Killorn (82-21-29-50)
Austin Matthews (82-28-18-46) ***Similar numbers to Sean Monahan’s rookie campaign (75-22-12-34)

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Did you use the most recent roster update? Matthews was added to the most recent one, so that could be your problem.

yep cause i created Matt Tkachuk, Max Jones, Sokolov etc and no duplicates with the updated roster on the 23rd...

Yeah I had updated and I guess my first look through hadn't seen Matthews already added, well that's a piss off haha :cry: I must have added about 30 guys :cry:

ThatNavyGuy

Mar 6, 2012
Yeah I had updated and I guess my first look through hadn't seen Matthews already added, well that's a piss off haha :cry: I must have added about 30 guys :cry:

Well was Matthews the only dublicate? If so then just drop the Matthews you created down to 36 and throw him on one of the Norway league teams or something like that.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Can you guys post the top 5 point league leaders in your seasons as well, it's nice to see how your guys did in comparison to the rest of the league or if there was somebody who blew everybody else out the water.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Can you guys post the top 5 point league leaders in your seasons as well, it's nice to see how your guys did in comparison to the rest of the league or if there was somebody who blew everybody else out the water.

Its always close. The scoring is way down. The most points someone had so far in 4 seasons has been like 95, and that was McDavid at 99 overall.
If you get 70 points you're gonna be top 10 in points.
Lowest season winner in points was 15/16 where Giroux had 80 points and led the league lol

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Its always close. The scoring is way down. The most points someone had so far in 4 seasons has been like 95, and that was McDavid at 99 overall.
If you get 70 points you're gonna be top 10 in points.
Lowest season winner in points was 15/16 where Giroux had 80 points and led the league lol

Good Lord that's horrible...I miss the days back on PS3 where the point totals would depend on what setting you had it at. I think it was NHL 13 where if I had Rookie, the pt totals for the year would be around 140+ (i.e. NHL in 1994), but if it was Pro it would be 110 pts (post lockout 2006).

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Good Lord that's horrible...I miss the days back on PS3 where the point totals would depend on what setting you had it at. I think it was NHL 13 where if I had Rookie, the pt totals for the year would be around 140+ (i.e. NHL in 1994), but if it was Pro it would be 110 pts (post lockout 2006).

Its realistic though... thats the sad thing. Scoring down pretty much every year now.
NHL15 it would be leader would have 105-130 points in a year...

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA
Next Part of My Islanders GM, feel free to comment your suggestions!

Islanders Head To All Star Break with 27-16-5 Record​
After a 3-0 home victory last night against the Detroit Red Wings, the Islanders head into the All Star Break with a very good 27-16-5 record. This is good for 3rd Place in the Metropolitan Division. Thus far, the Islanders have top ten goal scoring and defense, and the third best special teams in the NHL. Defenseman Torey Krug said “This is a great team to be on, we’ve played well together and I like it in Brooklyn. From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

Islanders Make Splash At Deadline
The Islanders have made a huge deal at the NHL Trade Deadline, acquiring forwards Dustin Jeffrey and Mikkel Boedker from the Arizona Coyotes for Nikolay Kulemin, former first-round pick Josh Ho-Sang and a 2nd round pick in next year’s NHL Entry Draft. Boedker is an elite goal scorer who will take Kulemin’s role in the Top 6 forward group immediately, and Jeffrey was waived following the deal. Boedker was “extremely happy†to go from a horrible Arizona team to a big-market contender in New York. GM Greg Snow stated that he was “looking to trade Nikolay (Kulemin) since the incident involving him and two other players, and Josh since he showed up late for camp.†Arizona demanded a pick, according to ESPN, and they got it. Arizona’s GM was “ecstatic†to get such a hefty return on Boedker. From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

Isles Finish With 43-31-8 Record
The Islanders have finished the season with a 43-31-8 record , 4th in their division and making the playoffs. The acquisition of Mikkel Boedker at the Trade Deadline bolstered this team, but defensive injuries down the stretch hampered their ability to finish even higher. The team will face the tough Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round, with Torey Krug out with a mild concussion and Lumobir Visnovsky missing time with a fractured jaw. Krug could come back as early as game two, but Visnovsky will probably be out for the entire first round. From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

Islanders Fall Down 2-0 In Series vs Tampa Bay
The Islanders, after a 5-1 loss last night, have fallen down 2-0 in their series against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Game 1 was a heartbreaker, as the Islanders forced overtime with two goals with less than 7 minutes remaining in the 3rd Period, and Tampa’s Nikita Kucherov potted one on an early power play opportunity. Game 2 was just an all-around disaster, with Frans Nielsen providing the only Islanders offense and the defense giving out on goaltender Jaroslav Halak. After Game 2, coach Jack Capuano announced that he would be changing up the Top 6 forward group by moving the aforementioned Nielsen up to the first line and Mikkel Boedker down to Nielsen’s second line slot. Capuano said that the team “just needed a bit of a shakeup.†From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

Islanders Facing Elimination
After a 4-3 win came on a Kyle Okposo game winner with 1:44 remaining in the 3rd Period of Game 3, the Islanders lost Game 4 on a double overtime goal by Valterri Filppula, giving the Lightning a 5-4 victory. Lightning coach Jon Cooper credited the victory to the outstanding play of goalie Ben Bishop, while Isles coach Jack Capuano called out his tendy, Jaroslav Halak. “Jaro needs to bail us out, and he has failed to do so,†said Capuano. From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

Islanders Knocked Out
The Islanders have lost Game 5 of their 1st Round Series vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning 1-0, putting an abrupt end to the Isles playoff run. Tyler Johnson scored the lone goal for Tampa. After the game, coach Capuano said that they “just couldn’t get going on all cylinders.†Now all the Islanders have to anticipate is June’s NHL Entry Draft. From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Well was Matthews the only dublicate? If so then just drop the Matthews you created down to 36 and throw him on one of the Norway league teams or something like that.

If I hadn't deleted the entire custom roster, thereby deleting all the prospects I created, I would do this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad