Be A GM/Dynasty thread III: Return of the GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
tsn-tradecentre.png

We're live from TSN studios covering this year's trade centers. Teams will be busy as they seek to bolster their rosters ahead of the playoffs. There are lots of players available this year, most notably Alex Ovechkin and Henrik Zetterberg. Our trade panel is here to give you all the updates you need.

James: Bob, who do you expect to be big buyers ?
Bob: The Philadelphia Flyers and the New Jersey Devils, I'm told the Devils are looking to add upfront while the Flyers want to get better on the back end. Both teams will make a push for Alex Ovehckin.

James: Could it really happen ? Could the Capitals actually move out Alexander Ovechkin ?
Bob: Yes, and there's a ton of interest on him. He's 31 and he wants to win a cup.

James: Darren, do you think the defending cup champion Sharks will be busy today ? They're bottom in the west, and are rebuilding.
Darren: James, Brent Burns is attracting a lot of interest, he's a UFA at season's end and the Sharks will try to move him and they look to get younger.

James: Rick Nash and Thomas Vanek are others who could move, what are the chances of that happening ?
Darren: Pretty high, both are UFA's on bottom teams, the Rangers are entering a lengthy rebuild that promises to be long and Nash is looking for a cup.

James: As we approach the deadline now it's been a historically quiet day. Bob, any winners for standing pat ?
Bob: New Jersey, they want to know how good their group is, and they feel they peaked early. Good for them on being patient. If Philadelphia doesn't make a single move today it's a failure on Kyle Dubas.
James: There you go that's our deadline bell. Remember folks that deals do trickle in after the deadline.

James: Gord do we have something ?
Brent_Burns_Forward.jpg

Gord: The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired Brent Burns from the San Jose Sharks, Details to come.
James: So there you have it, Flyers acquire Burns..
Gord: Buffalo trades Matt Hackett to San Jose for a 2017 3rd.
James: Sharks really hurt by the retirements of Thornton and Marleau.
Bob: They're entering a full scale re-build.
James: They'll take th-
Karl-Alzner.jpg

Gord: Sorry to interrupt but the Philadelphia Flyers have acquired Karl Alznerm and 4th and 5th round picks in this years draft(2017) from the Washington Capitals for Radko Gudas, a 2017 and a 2018 2nd round picks. Also in the Burns deal, Burns a 4th round pick this year is going to Philly in exchange for D Kevin Gravel, D prospect Jarrett Meyer, the Flyers 1st round selection this year and a their 3rd round pick this year.

Pierre: Wow, that's a steep price. If they don't resign Burns or don't win a cup it's not going to look good on Dubas.
Bob: Flyers management were adamant that they were not going to move Jake Morissey or Ivan Provorov and were very hesitant to give up roster players. Complicated trade.
Darren: That's right Bob, the Flyers have a lot of young D and young players coming up that they don't want to move out right now. They felt they have enough prospects in the ranks that they can move a few draft picks.
James:Kyle Dubas joins us on the line, Kyle big day for you ?
Kyle: Yeah it's a big one. We're a top team and we want to go get our fans a cup.
James: Were deals hard to come by ?
Kyle:Yes, prices were high.
James: You moved out a lot of picks, and you were hesitant to move out some of your prospects why ?
Kyle: We have a lot of good young guys coming up, we felt we could afford to part with some of our draft picks. We have a lot of young D right now and it sucks losing Radko and Kevin but that's business.
James: Are you guys going to look into keeping Burns and Alzner long term ?
Kyle: It's something we'll look at in the off-season, we have a lot of UFA's, some are pretty big.
James: Alright Kyle thanks for doing this and have a good day/
Kyle: Anytime.

James: Kyle Dubas GM of the Flyers. That's it for our trade deadline coverage.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
:caps
2016-2017 (3rd season)

RETIREMENTS

Joel Ward|599GP|101G|130A|231P

After his buddy, Chimera last year, now it's Joel Ward time to finish he's career.

Other important guys : Markov, Gonchar, Chara, Jokinen, Hossa, Iginla, Campbell, Elias, Thornton, Zubrus and D.Sedin

:nhl DRAFT 2016

We have the 13th pick for this draft.
S.Steel, first choice by Florida
B.Hamm to NJ, L.Brown to CBJ, N.Schneider to CAR and R.Jarratt to WPG.
With the first selection, Caps choose Julien Gauthier (RW) from Val-d'Or.

It was impossible to trade Orpik during the draft :cry:

To :caps
152th overall pick

To :panthers
165th overall pick (COL)
174th overall pick (WSH)

Capitals selections

Round-Pick | Player | Position | Age | Overall | Potential | Country
1-13|Julien Gauthier|RW|18|62|4 Yellow|Canada
2-29|Rodney Southam|RW|19|72|3.5 Yellow|Canada
4-24|David Ovsjannikov|G|19|59|3.5 Yellow|USA
5-24|Noah Juulsen|D|19|62|3.5 Red|Canada
6-2|Markus Haapanen|D|20|66|3 Yellow|Finland
7-24|Simon Kindschi|D|20|64|3 Yellow|Switzerland

***** THE POTENTIAL AND OVERALL: NOT WHEN I DRAFT THE PLAYER BUT FEW DAYS LATER DURING THE FIRST DAY OF SIGNINGS *****

RE-SIGNINGS

Player | Position | Age | Overall | Term | Cap Hit
Tom Wilson|RW|22|85|3 years|$4.3M
Dmitry Orlov|D|24|84|3 years|$3.3M
Troy Brouwer|RW|30|83|1 year|$2.5M

Beagle, Latta, Grubauer, Pasquale, and almost every ahlers resigned for 1 year - 2 way contract.
Just Budaj and Prosser weren't resigned.

Just Southam and Gauthier were signed for an entry level contract 3 years - 2 way.
Provorov will stay in the CHL for the second year, but LeBlanc will go to AHL and McDavid with Caps.

FA

Player | Position | Age | Overall | Term | Cap Hit
Anders Lindback|G|28|80|1 year (2way)|$0.865M

My contract year.
47 W for this season, the 1st goal. And I have to go to the Conference Final this year.

I'll try to win the calder trophy with McDavid, it will be diffucult because he'll play on the 3rd line.

With Alzner, Ovechkin, Burakovsky, Brouwer, Fehr, Laich in the last year I have to make space for them, so Orpik, was the number 1 target. I had to retain even 1.5M out of 5.330M because it was impossible to trade him like that. And now Connor Carrick will move to the NHL.
Orpik has 3 years left on his contract.

B.Winchester (73)

To :devils
B.Orpik (81) (1.5M retained by Capitals)

7th round pick 2017 (WSH)

To :bruins
B.Winchester (73)

6th round pick 2017 (OTT)

To :sens
S.Galiev (69)

3rd round pick 2017 (PHI)

To :flyers
Rights to D.Ovsjannikov (61) Goalie

Lineup WASHINGTON

LW|
C
|
RW​
A.Ovechkin (C) (94)|N.Backstrom (A) (89)|M.Johansson (85)
A.Burakovsky (83)|E.Kuznetsov (85)|T.Wilson (87)
B.Laich (A) (83)|C.McDavid (81)|T.Brouwer (83)
M.Latta (78)|J.Beagle (80)|E.Fehr (82)
A.Volpatti (76)||​

D|
D​
D.Orlov (85)|J.Carlson (87)
K.Alzner (86)|M.Niskanen (86)
C.Carrick (80)|J.Klingberg (83)
|S.Oleksy (75)​

G
B.Holtby (88)
A.Lindback (80)​

Lineup HERSHEY

LW|
C
|
RW​
C.Wellman (C) (77)|C.Jarnkrok (78)|J.Vrana (A) (76)
R.Lipsbergs (75)|C.Stephenson (75)|R.Southam (74)
C.Conner (76)|T.Kennedy (76)|C.Brown (75)
N.Walker (71)|C.Bell (72)|K.Newbury (74)
L.O'Brien (71)|A.Beauregard (69)|​

D|
D​
C.Djoos (76)|M.Bowey (77)
S.LeBlanc (72)|T.Lewington (75)
N.Schmidt (A) (75)|T.Kundratek (75)
J.Hauf (72)|​

G
P.Grubauer (79)
E.Pasquale (77)
C.Graham (74)​

CHL

Player|Position
I.Provorov (69)|D
J.Gauthier (62)|RW​

UNSIGNED PLAYERS

Player|Position
M.Haapanen(68)|D
S.Kindschi (66)|D
N.Juulsen (64)|D​

My Trophies

:nhl
Prince of Wales Trophy | Washington Capitals |2015
Hart Memorial Trophy |Alexander Ovechkin|2016
Art Ross Trophy |Alexander Ovechkin|2016
Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy |Alexander Ovechkin|2016
Ted Lindsay Award |Alexander Ovechkin|2016
Calder Memorial Trophy |Andre Burakovsky|2015

:ahl:

MacGregor Kilpatrick Trophy | Hershey Bears |2016
Richard F. Canning Trophy | Hershey Bears |2016
Frank S. Mathers Trophy | Hershey Bears |2015 and 2016
Eddie Shore Award |Connor Carrick|2016

Recap

| Washington Capitals | Hershey Bears 2015 |Stanley Cup Final|1st Round
2016 |2nd Round|Calder Cup Final

Stanley Cup Finals History

| Champion | Finalist | Games 2015 |Saint Louis Blues| Washington Capitals |
7​
2016 |Boston Bruins|Chicago Blackhawks|
6​

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Cant find the right team to do one, suggestions? I did PIT, but that was too easy. Kinda wanna do a contender but not really sure.

Anaheim might be an interesting one.

They always end up having major cap troubles when I simulate.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Will the drought ever end ? The 2016-2017 road to the Stanley Cup
stancup.jpg

The Flyers started their journey at home vs Detroit:
Round 1
Prediction: Flyers in 4
Game 1 DET 2 PHI 4
Game 2 DET 1 PHI 0
Game 3 DET 2 PHI 3 (OT)
Game 4 DET 1 PHI 6
Game 5 DET 6 PHI 4
Game 6 DET 1 PHI 3

Flyers win 4 games to 2, Wayne Simmonds terrorized Detroit all series long.

The Flyers would then have to battle for the Metro crown against cross town rival New Jersey.
Round 2
Prediction: Flyers is 5
Game 1 NJ 2 PHI 1
Game 2 NJ 3 PHI 2 (2OT)
Game 3 NJ 1 PHI 2 (3OT)
Game 4 NJ 2 PHI 3 (OT)
Game 5 NJ 1 PHI 2 (2OT)
Game 6 NJ 2 PHI 3

Flyers win 4 games to 2, in a series where every game was decided in overtime, Steve Mason out dueled Corey Schneider and the Flyers have a date with the Maple Leafs

Eastern Conference Finals vs Toronto
Prediction:Flyers in 7
Game 1 TOR 5 PHI 4
Game 2 TOR 1 PHI 2
Game 3 TOR 3 PHI 2 (OT)
Game 4 TOR 2 PHI 3
Game 5 TOR 1 PHI 5
Game 6 TOR 2 PHI 3
Flyers win 4 games to 2, Jagr leads the way.

Stanley Cup Finals vs St.Louis
Prediction Flyers in 7
Game 1 STL 2 PHI 3
Game 2 STL 1 PHI 4
Game 3 STL 2 PHI 4
Game 4 STL 1 PHI 5
Flyers win 4 games to 0, the losing streak in Cup Finals is at an end.

The Conn Smythe Trophy goes to:

Giroux getting the Cup

The Stanley Cup Champion Flyers

Simmonds(89)-Giroux(91)-Voracek(91)
Williams(85)-Schenn(88)-Jagr(84)
Bergenheim(84)-Couturier(84)-Raymond(82)
Rinaldo(78)-Laughton(82)-Brown(77)

Burns(88)-Alzner(86)
MacDonald(85)-Del Zotto(84)
Hagg(84)-Gothisbhere(83)

Mason (85)
Ortio (82)

We got an exclusive interview with multiple Flyers personnel after the game.
Reporter: With Flyers owner Ed Snider, what do this mean to you ? Will Kyle Dubas be back ?
Ed: It's the fulfillment of a lifetime dream, We want him back, if there's a better opportunity then we'll let him look around, he's earned that.
Reporter: Kyle, you've got a challenging off-season ahead with 10 FA's to sign, will they all be back ?
Kyle: You know it's early and we'll see, I want to enjoy this moment.
Reporter: Jaromir, is this your last game ? How does it feel to go out like this ?
Jaromir: I think so, it's amazing.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
watermark.php

DANIELPALFREDSSON'S OTTAWA SENATORS GM LOG: SEASON 2 TRADE DEADLINE UPDATE

CHAPTERS
1-Rules and Settings
2-Roster Edits and Changes
3-Season 1 Off Season and Preview
4-Season 1 Trade Deadline and End Of Season Summary
5-2015 NHL Entry Draft
6-Season 2 Off Season and Preview

TEAM RECORD: 33-27-2
-Despite facing multiple injuries throughout the season thus far, Ottawa is tied with Boston with 68 points. They hold both the wild card spots. Ottawa is only 3 points ahead of Washington and 4 points ahead of Carolina, so playoffs are far from guaranteed.

-Hammond has played the majority of the games with 46 starts. When given the chance to show why he should take the starting job from Hammond, Lehner struggled at the start of the season with a sub .900 save percentage but has been great as of late. Both goalies have respectable but unspectacular save percentages. Hammond with .915, Lehner with .913.

-Zibanejad has 33 points in 62, Konecny has 29 in 52. Konecny's higher point total is attributed to getting more powerplay time than Zibanejad. Although some fans thought Konecny would come in and steal the number 2 spot, the Senators are happy with Zibanejad's play and still see him ahead of Konecny.

-Turris' value is at an all time high as he puts up near PPG numbers with 44 points in only 50 games. This is good news for the Senators as rumours have stated that they may very well trade Turris as soon as next off season.

-After only putting up 9 goals and 17 points last season, Puempel is having a breakout year. He has 21 goals and 42 points in 62 games. Hoffman has slightly more points at 49, but has less goals with only 17. They've both played the same amount of games, but Puempel has accomplished his totals with less powerplay time, and 300 less minutes overall than Hoffman. Some speculate that Puempel might be a future 1st line Lwer.

-Karlsson is having another elite season leading all defenders in points with 66 points in 62 games. Keith Yandle and James Wisniewski both trail behind Karlsson with 51 points each.

-Connor McDavid, Sam Reinhart, and Teemu Teravainen are currently battling it out for the Calder with 49 points each. Konecny is 9th in scoring, but he has only played 837 minutes compared to McDavid's 1302.

-The producers of So You Think You Can Dance dropped their case against Jeremy Roy, as a result, he started for the Jets this season. Roy has put up 29 points thus far which is very good for a rookie defender.

-After Toronto purchased the KHL and blocked Strome's contract with North Korea Great Leaders, Dylan Strome relented and signed an ELC deal with Toronto. After putting up 4 points in 9 games, Strome was assigned back to the CHL.

-Lazar and Lindberg are both having strong rookie years in the AHL. Lazar has 41 points, Lindberg has 39. Both players are playing on Binghamton's top line.

Brady-Reagan-1.jpeg

OTTAWA TRADES FORMER 41st OVERALL PICK
With the injury bug biting them this season, Ottawa was looking to obtain a forward to help them inch into the playoffs. In a peculiar move, the team sent last year's 41st overall pick Brady Reagan to Colorado for Jarome Iginla. Iginla has two years left on his deal, so he's not exactly a rental, and with Colin Greening's contract expiring next year and the salary cap going up, Ottawa should be able to make his salary work within their structure if he opts against retiring. Erik Condra 79oa whose contract expires at the end of the season was sent to Colorado in order to balance out the number of 1 way NHL contracts for Ottawa.

Post Trade Deadline Lines
Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Zibanejad-Iginla
Puempel-Konecny-Chiasson
Greening-Smith-Neil
Pageau-Prince

Injured: Stone

UP NEXT: 2016 SEASON END UPDATE, WILL THE SENATORS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS?

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I've gotta post these updates more often......I've got 14 pages left to post in my open office file.

Haven't played GM mode in a week or so, but I just finished season 3, and finished all the season 4 pre-season moves with which ever team I end up with (Ottawa if they extend me...or maybe else where).

I don't want to play ahead until I dump all my updates here......I'll try to do one update a day until I catch up. Stay tuned.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
images

Calgary Flames : Be a GM

1) Be a GM Preview
2) 14-15 Season Preview
3) Jan 1st UFA Report

Trade Deadline and Season Recap

Trade Deadline

The Calgary Flames came into deadline day not knowing if they were going to but or sell. GM Brant King had aspirations of making the playoffs and ultimately winning the cup, but that could only be done if the right pieces were in play.

In the end, Brant King and his Flames decided to buy and hoped that what they did would be enough to get them to the playoffs.

To CGY | To Other Team
Riley Smith | Tyler Kennedy
3rd '20 | 2nd '20
| (BOS)

To CGY | To Other Team
Blake Wheeler | 1st '16
| Shawn Matthais
| 7th '15
| (WPG)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

images

Season Recap

- The Flames finished the 2014-2015 Season with a record of 46-29-7
- Their offense scored 261 goals, good for 2nd in the NHL
- Calgarys defense allowed 210 goals against, which put them at 3rd best in the league
- The Flames PP% was a mediocre 19.54% was merely in the upper half of the league
- Meanwhile the Flames PK% was even worse finishing at 18th in the league at a subpar 81.61%
- The teams leading scorer was Johnny Gaudreau with 71 PTS in his Rookie Season

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

images

Stanley Cup Playoffs

In the 1st Round, the Calgary Flames faced off against the Nashville Predators. The Flames finished as the 2nd placed team in the West, so the got rewarded with a matchup against the team in the 1st Wildcard Spot (Nashville).

Calgary | Nashville | Series
4 | 0 | 1-0 CGY
4 | 0 | 2-0 CGY
0 | 2 | 2-1 CGY
2 | 3 | Tied 2-2
2 | 1 | 3-2 CGY
0 | 2 | Tied 3-3
2 | 1 | CGY Wins 4-3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

images

In the 2nd Round, the Flames faced of against their longtime rivals; the Vancouver Canucks. This series was expected to be one of the most intense series of the 2nd Round and thats exactly what it was.

Calgary | Vancouver | Series
2 | 3 (OT) | 1-0 VAN
4 | 1 | Tied 1-1
3 | 2 | 2-1 CGY
3 | 4 (OT) | Tied 2-2
2 | 3 | 3-2 VAN
3 | 2 | Tied 3-3
2 | 5 | VAN Wins 4-3

So, GM Brant King got his team into the playoffs but he's not satisfied yet. In fact, in his interview after the 7th Game he said this :

This is a step in the right direction. Now all of our players that didn't have playoff experience do now. Our veterans are coming back for another year but that doesn't mean there won't be changes. With the retirement of Brad Richardswe will be in the market for another center. We have other specific areas of concern that I'm not going to get into right now, but don't worry; those issues will be adressed. I'll be picking talks back up that I had with other GM's around the league and for just a little inside news for yous all, tune into the draft, cause it'll be exciting.

The Flames have 2 1st Round Picks i this years draft and that brings us to our draft preview.

images

Draft Preview

This is a good year to have 2 picks in the 1st AND 2nd Rounds, as the 2015 NHL Draft has been deemed the deepest draft in at least a decade!

Right now here is Gary Bettman to announce the Draft Order :

Hello everyone, I am ary Bettman the commissioner of the NHL. I am here today to conduct the Draft Lottery and find out in what order the teams will pick in this years draft. Now, let's get this party started.

And the winner of the NHL Draft Lottery is .... the Columbus Blue Jackets! That means Florida moves down to 2, Winnipeg moves down to 3 and everything else stays the same.

Tank you for tuning into the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery and see you at the Draft!

NEXT UP, 2015 NHL DRAFT...

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
watermark.php

DANIELPALFREDSSON'S OTTAWA SENATORS GM LOG: END OF SEASON SUMMARY+ROUND 1 OF THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS

CHAPTERS
1-Rules and Settings
5-2015 NHL Entry Draft
7-Season 2 Trade Deadline Update

Ottawa puts up a 43-37-2 record and makes the playoffs in the final wild card spot. They will face the powerhouse 56-24-2 Penguins in the first round. The odds of Ottawa beating the Penguins are slim, management would be happy just to see them show character while putting up a strong fighting effort.

SERIES OPENING LINE UP
Hoffman SNP 84-Turris PLY 88-Ryan SNP 89
Puempel SNP 84-Konecny PLY 84-Stone PLY 87
MacArthur TWF 85-Zibanejad TWF 85-Iginla PWF 85
Prince SNP 81-Smith GRN 83-Chiasson PWF 82
Neil GRN 78-Pageau PLY 81

Cowen DFD 84-Karlsson OFD 92
Wiercioch TWD 84-Ceci TWD 85
Borowiecki DFD 80-Wideman OFD 79

Hammond 85
Lehner 84

SIGNIFCANT INJURIES: Marc Methot is out for the entire series.

pens.jpg

GAME ONE
-In a surprising victory, Ottawa's deep top 9 destroys Pittsburgh. Ottawa outshoots Pittsburgh 32-18 winning the game 5-1.
-Hammond has a good game with a .944 save percentage.
-Karlsson, Ryan, and Turris put up 3 points each, Hoffman puts up a point.

GAME TWO
-The Penguins offence wakes up as they outshoot Ottawa 32-28, but a red hot Andrew Hammond BURGLARS the win from the Penguins with a shutout.
-After another sub .900 game, there is speculation in the press about whether or not Fleury will get pulled in favour of Greiss.
-Despite only playing 11 minutes, Iginla puts up a goal and an assist. Wiercioch has a great game on the second pairing with 2 points an 21 minutes of ice time. Konecny also puts up 2 points in only his 2nd NHL playoff game.
-Ottawa wins 3-0 to take a 2-0 series lead.

GAME THREE
-In a much closer game than 1 or 2, Ottawa still managed to control the flow of the game and win 4-2 in order to take a 3-0 series lead against a shocked Pittsburgh team.
-Hammond had another great game, stopping 24 of 26 shots.
-Iginla saw his ice time increased and continued to be effective, with another 2 point game.
-Turris had a three point night.
-With significant time on the PK, Ceci lead all Ottawa players in ice time for the first time in his career.

GAME FOUR
-Game 4 looked like a different series with Pittsburgh heavily outshooting Ottawa and Fleury playing a tight composed game. Scoreless until late in the second, Pittsburgh took the lead for the first time in the series with a goal by Hornqvist.
-Bennett scored early in the third to help Pittsburgh to a 2-0 win.
-Despite the loss, Andrew Hammond had another great game and was awarded the first star of the night after stopping 37 shots en route to a .937 save percentage.

GAME FIVE
-The most exciting game of the series. After being down 3-1, Pittsburgh rallied back and took the game to OT. 7:32 into overtime, Kris Letang was penalized for a high stick, as a result, Pittsburgh had to kill a double minor.
-Just after the first minor expired, Bobby Ryan scores what might become the most iconic goal of his career as a Senator. On a feed from Travis Konecny, Bobby Ryan scored his third goal of the game to allow Ottawa to complete the upset and eliminate the Penguins 4 games to 1.
-Despite allowing 3 goals, Hammond still had a very good .925 save percentage.
-Hammond had a .947 save percentage in the series, cementing himself as Ottawa's starting goalie. Turris had an unbelievable 8 points, Puempel 4 goals.
-Ottawa wins the game 4-3 to close out the series and eliminate the Eastern Conference favourite Pittsburgh Penguins......truly a great day in Ottawa Senators virtual hockey history.

UP NEXT: ROUND TWO OF THE PLAYOFFS VS THE 46-32-5 NEW YORK HOCKEY RANGERS!

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
FYI, I do the advanced sim for playoff games. It'd be a waste of time for regular season games, but this way I can actually see what happens and take cliff notes as the game progresses instead of just reporting a score.....it is also a bit more exciting than it should be to sit there and watch goals get added to the board. I find simming at 6x speed is the sweet spot.

I try to go more narrative based than statistic based with my logs. So I find the deep simming of playoff games helps achieve that.

For an 85oa goalie, Hammond is a beast in the playoffs for some reason. After playing a lot of GM mode, I've noticed that some players play above their usual standard in the playoffs, some are normal, and some play well below. In my Colorado GM mode, Varlamov was an elite goalie, but he almost always choked in the playoffs. I've seen certain forwards put up much stronger numbers in the playoffs compared to what they'd put up in the regular season while others disappear.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
images

Calgary Flames : Be a GM

1) Be a GM Preview
2) 14-15 Season Preview
3) Jan 1st UFA Report
4) Trade Deadline and Season Recap

2015 NHL Draft

The 2015 NHL Draft, oh what a day. This year the Calgary Flames have 2 1st Rounds and 2 2nd Rounds!!! Here is a full recap of the NHL Draft commentated by TSN Hockey analysts :

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Draft Day is here and I hear rumors that the Flames are looking to move up in the draft

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Columbus is not willing to move the 1st overall pick. Also note that the Panthers,Jets and Oilers are also unwilling to move their picks. So what that means for any team looking to move up is the highest they'll be able to get is 5th from the Anaheim Ducks.

Gord Miller @GMillerTSN
It's not as though the Calgary Flames, or any other team looking to move up, would have to pry it away from the Ducks because they are actively shopping that pick. Word is the are looking for a 1st Round Pick (2015), another pick (2015) or a prospect + a roster player. That is a steep price to pay for only one pick.

Jamie McLennan @jamiemclennan29
Oh, here comes Columbus wonder who they'll choose...(chuckles) Just as everyone thought, the Columbus Blue Jackets have selected Connor Mcdavid 1st overall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Mckenzie @BobMcKenzieTSN
Now, here we are the 4th pick; Edmonton Oilers...oh my! Here comes Gary Bettmam, and we all know what that means!

Gary Bettman
I have a trade to announce... The Calgary Flames have traded the 24th Pick and the 54th Pick along with Sean Bergenheim to the Anaheim Ducks for the 5th overall pick in this years draft.

To Calgary | To Anaheim
5th overall '15 | 24th overall '15
| 54th overall '15
| Sean Bergenheim

Gord Miller @GMillerTSN
I figured Gm Brant King was going to pull something off, but this is just incredible! He managed to move up in the draft without losing the 9th Pick. This is a win for the Calgary Flames...

With the 4th overall pick the Edmonton Oilers take D-man liver Kylington. Now for the Calgary Flames newly acquired pick. With not alot of time to deliberate I'm assuming they already have someone in mind...

Jamie Mclennan @jamiemclennan29
Well, let's find out!

Brant King
With the 5th overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, the Calgary Flames are proud to select defenseman Nicholas Meloche!

Bob McKenzie @BobMcKenzieTSN
The Flames also have the 9th overall selection and with that they select....Dylan Strome, centerman from the Erie Otters.

Gary Bettman
I have another trade to announce...
To Calgary | To NY Islanders
Cal Clutterbuck | 54th overall pick

images

Many Flames fans thought this trade was outrageous, so Darren Dreger decided to interview Flames Gm Brant King to see what he thought about this trade.

Brant, what do you think of the second trade you made at todays draft?

Brant King
well Darren, I felt we needed to get some more skill, but also add grit, and this trade did exactly that. I know i probably could've got more out of the Islanders, but we were tight on time and I am an inexperienced GM, so patience will come with that experience. I feel this trade met 2 priorities that our team needed, so overall this was a win right jow, but well see how it goes during the season.

NEXT UP, 2015-2016 SEASON PREVIEW...

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
watermark.php

DANIELPALFREDSSON'S OTTAWA SENATORS GM LOG: ROUND 2 OF THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS

CHAPTERS
1-Rules and Settings
5-2015 NHL Entry Draft
7-Season 2 Trade Deadline Update
8-2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1

Ottawa matches up against NYR (46-32-5) in the second round. They were the third seed in the Metro and defeated the second seeded Islanders in 7 games. Once again, Ottawa is the under dog. This time though, things are different. Coming off of a dominant elimination of the Eastern Conference favourite Pittsburgh Penguins, the Senators confidence is through the roof. Fans are already planning for a parade, and Glebe residents are already protesting the very idea that they might have to put up with some extra traffic for a day as the Senators carry the Cup down Bank street.......will the pesky Sens once again crush a cup favourite, or will the young team get humbled at the hands of the New York hockey RANGERS?!

SERIES OPENING LINE UP
Hoffman SNP 84-Turris PLY 88-Ryan SNP 89
Puempel SNP 84-Konecny PLY 84-Stone PLY 87
MacArthur TWF 85-Zibanejad TWF 85-Iginla PWF 85
Prince SNP 81-Smith GRN 83-Chiasson PWF 82
Neil GRN 78-Pageau PLY 81

Cowen DFD 84-Karlsson OFD 92
Wiercioch TWD 84-Ceci TWD 85
Borowiecki DFD 80-Wideman OFD 79

Hammond 85
Lehner 84

SIGNIFCANT INJURIES: Marc Methot is out for the entire series.

image.jpg

GAME ONE
-Methot is still out. He'll likely be out until the Stanley Cup final.
-Ottawa outshot the Rangers 35-23 and managed to put 3 goals past the elite Henrik Lundqvuist.
-Ryan continued his hot streak with a goal and an assist. Wideman had the winning goal for his second goal of the playoffs.
-Ottawa win 3-1 to take a 1-0 series lead.

GAME TWO
-The Rangers played a much better game in game 2 outshooting Ottawa 37 to 27. 4 minutes into overtime Rick Nash scored to win the game 3-2 for the Rangers.
-Bobby Ryan suffers a concussion in game 2. Will be out for the next 2-3 games.
-Senators fans were brought back down to earth, as the Rangers showed up and tied the series 1-1.

GAME THREE
-Andrew Hammond continued his MVP level playoff campaign by posting a shutout in game 3.
-Iginla was up on Konecny's line as a result of Ryan's injury.
-Iginla scored the first goal which was also the game winner. Stone who took Ryan's place on the first line scored a goal late in the game to give Ottawa a 2-0 win.
-Ottawa leads the series 2-1.

GAME FOUR
-Prince suffered a groin injury and will be out for the series. Pageau is in for Prince. Pageau will play center on the fourth line, and Smith will shift to left wing. Pageau is hoping to replicate his success from the 2013 playoffs when he had 4 goals and 6 points in 10 games.
-Neil is out. Ryan will return but will play down on the third line as he is not 100 percent.
-The game remains tied at two until the middle of the second period when Puempel scores to give Ottawa teh lead. The lead is short lived as Miller responds by scoring shortly after Puempel to tie the game at 3.
-The game goes to double overtime. Despite launching 46 shots on Lundqvuist, Ottawa is unable to win. With their 36th shot of the game, the Rangers win 4-3 with a goal by Brassard. The series is now tied 2-2.

GAME FIVE
-An epic goalie battle is the story of game five.
-Hammond and Lundqvuist stood toe to toe and both shutout each other's teams during regulation. At 11:38 into the first OT Zuccarello beat Hammond to win the game and give the Rangers a 3-2 series lead.
-The Senators are now on the brink of elimination. Can the young pesky Senators battle to a game 7? Or will they receive a humbling reminder of how much work they have ahead of them if they wish to become a Stanley Cup calibre team?

GAME SIX
-Ottawa's bottom pairing defender Mark Borowiecki was injured in game 5. He has a concussion. Former second round pick Andreas Englund (74oa) is called up and will play his first ever NHL game on the bottom pairing.
-After being shutout by New York in game 5, Ottawa shuffles their lines in order to attempt to raise scoring.
-In another low scoring goalie battle, Ottawa had a 1-0 lead. With a minute left in the game and Lundqvuist pulled, Stepan scored a clutch goal and sent the game to overtime.
-The Rangers won their 3rd straight overtime game of the series when Hagelin drove a dagger through the hearts of Sens fans everywhere by putting the series winning goal past Hammond.
-The Senators are eliminated in game 6 of the second round.

THE NEW YORK RANGERS WENT ON TO WIN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL AND ADVANCE TO THE STANLEY CUP FINAL WHERE THEY CAME WITH TWO GAMES OF WINNING THE CUP. THEY ULTIMATELY LOST TO MINNESOTA 4 GAMES TO 2.

HAMMOND_030614.jpg

Andrew Hammond was the Senators unanimous playoff MVP. If there were any doubts about his ability to hold on to the starting job with Lehner breathing down his back, those doubts should now be vanquished. Will the Senators be satisfied with holding on to Lehner to play in a back up role, or will they attempt to use him as a trading chip while he still has value as a potential future starting goalie?

The Senators showed great progress, going from a team who couldn't even make the playoffs to knocking off a super power 56 win Penguins squad in a convincing 5 games. They then came within a goal of forcing a game 7 against the Rangers.

The Iginla trade proved fruitful as the veteran was one of the Senators leading scorers in the playoffs. Despite having a year left on his deal, shortly after the playoffs concluded, Iginla announced that he would be retiring from the game of hockey.

Erik Karlsson was announced as the Norris winner. This would be Karlsson's second straight Norris trophy, and the third of his young career. Despite a strong rookie season, Konecny was not in contention for the Calder. In a race that was marketed as McDavid VS Reinhart, the underdog prevailed. Reinhart bested McDavid to take home the Calder trophy for the fledgling Buffalo Sabres.

The Senators now march into what might be the most important off season of this era. With Turris, Konecny, and Zibanejad crowding the team down the middle, there is a very strong indication that the team feels they have to sell high on one of these players, rather than forcing one to play on the third line where they'll be unable to produce to their potential. This upcoming trade could very well make or break the Senators as a franchise......let's hope GM Danielpalfredsson is equipped to make the right choice.

UP NEXT: 2016 NHL Entry Draft and Off Season Summary

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Philadelphia-Flyers.jpg

Flyers Off-Season report

Dubas re-signs for 5, ownership expects 41 wins. "I was always coming back, we've got a great team and we just won the cup, I want to get back at it and defend our title". There is expected to be a large amount of turnover on the Flyers roster this year, from cap casualties to UFA's.

NHL Entry Draft
The Flyers started their roster shuffle by trading out veteran D man Andy MacDonald, he was sent to the Edmonton Oilers for the 24th pick, the Flyers would then move out backup Joni Ortio, trading him to Anaheim for the 57th pick. "Andy was great for us here, we didn't want to move him now, but we have some good young D that are turning pro and we want to open up a roster spot for them, this move also gives us cap space to re-sign some of out RFA's. Joni was a great backup here, he didn't play much, it really just comes down to us wanting to give Anthony Stolarz a chance to prove himself with the big club. I also want to wish Jagr a happy retirement.

Slections
1st round 24th C Mason Shaw 51ovr 4 Y
2nd round 57th LW Samuel Laberge 66ovr 3.5Y
3rd round 90th RW Harvey Sparks 63ovr 3.5Y
4th round 97th C Milan Rucinsky 67ovr 3G
4th round 98th G Stuart Skinner 58ovr 3.5R
5th round 128th G Alex Bishop 67ovr 3.5R
6th round 180th D David Henley 70ovr 3.0Y
7th round 210th LW Oliver Garneau 55ovr 3.0Y

Re-Sign/FA
RW J.Williams 1yr 2.2M
D B.Burns 2yr 6M
D S.Gothisbhere 4yr 3.5M
D R.Hagg 5yr 3.9M
RW M.Brown 1yr 800k
D K.Alzner 4yr 4.8M
RW A.Johnson 1yr 700k
C S.Laughton 2yr 1.1M
G A.Stolarz 1yr 920k
C T.Baillie 3yr 700k
RW J.Looke 3yr 700k
D J.Roy 3yr 700k
G O.Tremblay 3yr 700k
LW R.Gropp 3yr 700k
D T.Chabot 3yr 700k
LW J.Gabrielle 3yr 700k
C F.Chlapik 3yr 700k
LW M.Raymond 1yr 1.9M

Players leaving
C P.Bellemare
C D.Martel
LW M.Ferland
LW T.Leier
LW T.Goulborne
RW T.Coughlin
D J.Petterson

Players headed to free agency
LW Z.Rinaldo
D M. Del Zotto
G S.Mason
steve-mason-january-2014.jpg

In a surprising turn of events Flyers goalie Steve Mason is testing the waters along with Michael Del Zotto who put up 60PTS this year. Mason hasn't ruled out resigning with the team, however Del Zotto has said that he will play elsewhere next season. Zac Rinaldo is expected to be back despite a contract dispute. Kyle Dubas said: We're surprised that MDZ wants to move on, and most certainly that Steve wants to test the market. With Steve term is an issue, we've got some young goalies coming up and we don't want to commit long term to a goalie. I think our draft went will and we're thrilled that Brent and Karl wanted to stay here, our D is going to be formidable and we will remain a cup contender once we solve our goalie situation. Upfront we'll need to add at least one top 6 forward and go from there.

Last edited:

SuperGM17

Jun 17, 2015
British Columbia
First GM Mode post

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here, and I just want to get started by saying that I love the content that gets put on this page! A lot of it is highly precise and professional. My favourite posts to read are that of user IHaveNoCreativity! The only problem with him is that he cannot seem to finish his teams aha. Well I will try to finish my gm mode while keeping it entertaining hopefully! For my first ever GM mode, I will not act like a superb annalist because I am new! Anyway just thinking of a team to pick at the moment, Its between Toronto, Buffalo and San Jose! Next post will be an introductory post and considering that I just got off school expect some steady posting! Thanks for reading this garbage:laugh:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Guys, need your help.

I just realize that in fact IRL, Ovi has a contract with Caps until 20/21
But in the game, I'll start the 16/17 and it's his final year.

I have the same problem with Backstrom too.
IRL 19/20 (Game 20/21)

I checked the others big players in different teams, and it seems all right.

Do you know where it comes from? :cry:

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
chicago_blackhawks_-_flag_3x5.png

GM Stan Bowman has stepped down today to spend more time with his wife Suzanne and his 3 kids. The Blackhawks were caught completely off-guard by this decision.

The Blackhawks have hired former Blackhawks star Jeremy Roenick to be the new GM. Roenick spent 8 seasons with the Chicago Blackhawks, leading them to the Stanley Cup Finals in 1992.
about-us1.jpg

GM Roenick's press conference Q&A:

Reporter: You've won 2 cups in 5 years, you went to the West Finals last year, what are your expectations for this year?
JR: I expect to continue to be one of the top teams in the NHL. We didn't lose any major players in the offseason so there's no reason why we shouldn't still be a top team.

Reporter: After this season, you have some Free Agents and many believe that you will run into cap trouble and lose some players, how do you plan to keep them?
JR: That happens sometimes, where players become Free Agents, it happens a lot. But my plan is to try and clear some cap space, hope that the cap goes up, and hope for the best.

Reporter: With the Central division being arguably the best division in the NHL, how do you think you stack up against the competition?
JR: I think were the best team, not only in the Central division, but I think in the entire league. We came within 1 goal of the Cup Finals last year, we won the Cup the year before, so we've been very successful.

Blackhawks lineup:

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Vermette-Hossa
Shaw-Richards-Versteeg
Bickell-Kruger-Desjardins

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Timmonen
Oduya-Roszival

Crawford
Raanta

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown

Blackhawks make two trades on October 5th:

:hawks acquire: F Andreas Athanasiou, 2015 3rd, 2015 4th
:wings acquire: F Bryan Bickell

:hawks acquire: F Jaden Schwartz
:blues acquire: F Marcus Kruger, G Scott Darling, F Mark McNeill, F Phillip Danault, 2015 2nd

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown

Trade Deadline Recap

The Blackhawks sit in 4th place in the Central division with 80 points.

:hawks acquire: F Derek Roy(50%)
:avs acquire: F Kris Versteeg

:hawks acquire: F Michael Frolik
:jets acquire: F Antoine Vermette

:hawks acquire: F Ray Whitney
:canes acquire: F Peter Regin, F Andrew Desjardins, F Dan Carcillo

:hawks acquire: D Mark Fayne
:edmonton acquire: D Johnny Oduya

:hawks acquire: Adrian Kempe, 2015 7th
:kings acquire: Drew Leblanc, Cody Bass, Pierre-Cedric Labrie

michael_frolik_11.jpg

New Lines