OT: BC wildfire smoke has now reached the Ottawa valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
So China burns no fossil fuel???Because it has endless rivers to dam, and will build millions of windmills along with solar panels??
I'll respond to your question after you identify where I said that. Until then your post moving will be ignored for what it is.

Everyone of your statements has been easily dismantled, and you can't respond without a fallacious retort. I'd say this discussion has come to an end.

You havent said anything you have just quoted something you read or have seen online.
You're a delusional hypocrite.

I've also studied applied sustainability in my graduate studies, so I have no doubts whatsoever I understand this subject far more than you.
You seem to think overcomplicating an issue makes you smarter for some reason..
It's amazing how you say one thing, then instantly contradict it. Like I said, delusional.
They like the other half are in it for themselves,they play one off the other..And walk away with all the cash

Ah yes, the classic, I was waiting for this to finally rear it's ugly head. All scientists and academic journals are conspiring together. You've finally figured it out. :help:

Just keep embarrassing yourself, this is laughworthy at this point.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'll respond to your question after you identify where I said that. Until then your post moving will be ignored for what it is.

Everyone of your statements has been easily dismantled, and you can't respond without a fallacious retort. I'd say this discussion has come to an end.

You're a delusional hypocrite.

It's amazing how you say one thing, then instantly contradict it. Like I said, delusional.

Ah yes, the classic, I was waiting for this to finally rear it's ugly head. All scientists and academic journals are conspiring together. You've finally figured it out. :help:

Just keep embarrassing yourself, this is laughworthy at this point.
Takes one to know one,and really foot stomping ???Seems par for the course for this type of arguement,most eco warriors dont like to hear that they may be wrong so the resort to name calling and whining..While trying to keep up the smartest person in the room act ...None of what you posted shredded anything,it was classic deflect then name call,then leave kicking and stomping like a child

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
most eco warriors dont like to hear that they may be wrong so the resort to name calling and whining..
I have a graduate degree in applied sciences with a specialty in applied sustainability, I know for a fact any statements I have made are true. The best you can come up with is ad hominem and logical fallacies.

After dismantling all of your statements it should be evident to anybody that can read, that you are completely full of shit, so my work here is done.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
BTW why wouldnt OIL be considered renewable???Doesnt every piece of organic matter contain oil ??

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I have a graduate degree in applied sciences with a specialty in applied sustainability, I know for a fact any statements I have made are true. The best you can come up with is ad hominem and logical fallacies.

After dismantling all of your statements it should be evident to anybody that can read, that you are completely full of ****, so my work here is done.
Good for you,again I never said the earth wasnt in trouble...Iam just not as naive about it as you are....And really of course you would trumpet that way of thinking ,you are obviously biased to it...Doesnt make you right though

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
.And really of course you would trump you way of thinking ,you are obviously looking to make money in that feild
I do not work in the renewables industry or with green technology at all.

That's the thing about assumptions, they generally make you look like an ass.

edit/ as for your edit "Doesnt make you right though", all I can say to you at this point is "lol".

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Where have I made assumptions???Is the world populace not going to outstrip every and all resources green or otherwise???Simple question,the answer is so f***en obvious we dont need a degree to figure this out

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We dont have enough combined,to manage the ever growing swarm that is us humans..Let alone food,clean water ....Yet we continue to micromanage the situation,we either change drastically or we perish....My money is on the latter as greed is a powerful thing

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You seem to think I dont care,but I drive a tractor trailer all over NA and I have seen far far too much behind the scenes,to know that what people are saying is happening and what really is ...Are two seperate and alarming things entirely

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Climate change is a first world problem because they stand to benefit from 3rd world countries not being able to climb the economical ladder. As much as N.A and Europe cut carbon emissions China and India will never. Their economies are rising because of the same benefits the western world had over the last 100 years. If not for Fossil fuels the world would have less trees and more pollution. Best example the Island of Haiti/Dominican Republic. One side imports natural gas and oil where as the other primary source of energy is wood/chacoal. The deforestation alone makes you wonder what the rest of developing countries would be like without oil. This is the actual boarder. China is no different. The just have access to a lot of coal too.

haiti-dominican-border-2.jpg

The only way to achieve a cleaner world is by bringing most of it out of poverty which will never happen.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
My baby brother is a drill operator and he is all over NA searching out mineral deposits,he said the one most common element he finds is Oil....It aint going away anytime soon

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They are all full of shit...They raise the price of Oil because of a fire in a refinery ,what they dont tell you... Is that its one in the lunch room where someone overcooked a burrito...LOL ...Both sides are in it for one reason,and thinking otherwise is just naive

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Why did scientists stop saying "global warming" and now are referring to "climate change"? Serious question
Global warming refers to the temperature trend we are seeing across the globe. Climate change refers to all of the changes occurring, including global warming, but also encompasses rising sea levels, extreme weather events, etc.

It's not so much that the term was changed, but that climate change is an all-encompassing title, while global warming isn't.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I would love for Elon Musk to give us something tangible and cheap ,that can work...Batteries arent the way forward,it has to be somewhere else

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

edit/ as for your edit "Doesnt make you right though", all I can say to you at this point is "lol".
Ditto

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Things I never understood about the climate change debate:
1. Why do people distrust experts in this field saying we have a problem? At this point the consensus among experts is that it is a problem.
2. Even if you don't think climate change is a big deal, why would any human not support the reduction of pollution? Don't you want a good environmental quality of life? Don't you want clean air, forests, lakes, and oceans?

The earth is going to be around for awhile and it will survive. Humans should probably take this stuff a little more seriously because it's possible they're the ones who won't be.

Money.

Look at the hissy fits people throw when gas goes up by a few pennies. Or the rage over carbon tax. Most folks only care about saving pennies right now, even if it means losing big dollars down the road.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Thats the problem man,there is no real envormentially friendly answer...Green energy ,fosil fuels all do damage one way or another....The earth,s population keep growing and the energy needs will grow even further,that any and all energy sources will need to be used.....Also add in emerging markets that want the same as we have here ....Cars, houses,good quality food, clean water,which takes money to purchase so more jobs are needed...Meaning more factories more production,more power being consumed

Its shouldnt come to anyone,s surprise as to what the end result will be ,not saying we shouldnt try and slow the end result..But its coming,unless we can find another planet to rape and pillage

No one is saying 'going green' will stop all pollution. The goal is to reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible. Pushing forward with new technologies that use less energy is one part of an overall solution.

As for another comment you made in this thread, simply finding oil in the ground doesn't necessarily mean we can use it. It take a tremendous amount of work and refinement to get usable crude out of the tar sands, even though that oil is nearly on the surface. Saying there's no oil shortage because we find some in many locations, is like saying it's impossible to have a drinking water shortage when the planet is two thirds water.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Why did scientists stop saying "global warming" and now are referring to "climate change"? Serious question

Probably because alot of uneducated people would say something like "hey this winter is colder than usual, so global warming must be fake news cause its actually getting colder".

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would love for Elon Musk to give us something tangible and cheap ,that can work...Batteries arent the way forward,it has to be somewhere else
If someone could find the means to take the electricity out of the air as Nicola Tesla may have done yrs ago with his Tesla Towers & electric car & build the technology around the world it would certainly end any need for fossil fuels. However, he was destroyed for it by his financial benefactor JP Morgan because there was no way to charge for it at the time & no way for Morgan to make money from it. The world is still quite a ways away from doing things for the good of the planet & it's citizens but at the least people are now talking about doing the right thing more & more every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad