OT: BC wildfire smoke has now reached the Ottawa valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh,for everyone saying there is an issue with climate change there is another group that denies it......Point being is humankind willing to go back to more earth friendly way of living...My guess would be no

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Things I never understood about the climate change debate:
1. Why do people distrust experts in this field saying we have a problem? At this point the consensus among experts is that it is a problem.
2. Even if you don't think climate change is a big deal, why would any human not support the reduction of pollution? Don't you want a good environmental quality of life? Don't you want clean air, forests, lakes, and oceans?

The earth is going to be around for awhile and it will survive. Humans should probably take this stuff a little more seriously because it's possible they're the ones who won't be.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Meh,for everyone saying there is an issue with climate change there is another group that denies it
Simply untrue. The experts have come to a consensus that human activities are a major cause. The scientists researching this topic aren't just "another group".

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Simply untrue. The experts have come to a consensus that human activities are a major cause. The scientists researching this topic aren't just "another group".
Really??So what do you suggest or they suggest we do???Start living in grass huts??Tell people to stop having babies??

Thats my point,everybody wants to yell about going Green,yet when it comes down to it... Like the Organic food section at my grocery store,nobody is buying in

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Really??So what do you suggest or they suggest we do???Start living in grass huts??Tell people to stop having babies??

Thats my point,everybody wants to yell about going Green,yet when it comes down to it... Like the Organic food section at my grocery store,nobody is buying in
How does living in grass huts and you're failure to attempt to be more sustainable have anything to do with a scientific consensus? That's the problem with you deniers, you can't even bother to be logical in your replies.

Do you want me to actually answer your question on what they want people to do? I mean I can summarize what a short Google search would determine for you if you really want. Sounds like you're more interested in being sarcastic than actually learning though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Of course the earth is getting screwed,the end game is us outstripping resources...There is simply too many people on the earth,and it will only get worse...There is no really going Green,unless we change...Its just another way for someone else to make money on a slogan

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
How does living in grass huts have anything to do with a scientific consensus? That's the problem with you deniers, you can't even both to be logical in your replies.

Do you want me to actually answer your question on what they want people to do? I mean I can summarize what a short Google search would determine for you if you really want. Sounds like you're more interested in being sarcastic than actually learning though.
Where Iam I denier ???Iam just not a trumpet for another program that lines someone elses pockets,while never taking on the core issue...The earth is f***ed,you eco warriors want to make it a fight between one side and the other...Guess what??? The people that can actually affect change dont care,because just like you they wont drop their standard of living ....Think David Suzuki,doesnt own a car or live in a nice house??

Its all nice to point fingers,and say we should live this way or that way,but in the end everybody wants the same thing...And that in the end is what will do us all in ....

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
So no, you don't want an actual answer, you're just throwing out a bunch of barely coherent comments, k.

Where Iam I denier ???
You instantly resort to hyperbole because you are too insecure to bother to understand the actual subject at hand, that is what deniers do.
Iam just not a trumpet for another program that lines someone elses pockets
The use of catalytic converters to save our city air quality didn't line others pockets, nor did the use of urea in diesel engines, nor did the eradication of the use of CFCs to save our ozone layer. Do some research.
The earth is ****ed,
Yes, so let's turn a blind eye and make it worst, good retort :rolleyes:
you eco warriors want to make it a fight between one side and the other
Sorry for educating myself on the subject and presenting the scientific consensus to you.
And that in the end is what will do us all in ....
We can agree here, people with attitudes like yours will do us in.

God this is annoying, educate yourself for f***s sake. Put together a coherent argument as well next time.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Iam been too some many shithole industrial areas in the US its not funny,Google the city in Gary in Indiana,this is what has been and is still happening to feed people,s greed ...Think China would go green and stop its huge industrial boon??Think mining lithiumn for electric car batteries is the way to go???What about the power we would need to generate to support a infastructure ,without fossil fuels it is impossible...Any movement we make screws the earth,this much should be plain as day to everyone....

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So no, you don't want an actual answer, you're just throwing out a bunch of barely coherent comments, k.

You instantly resort to hyperbole because you are too insecure to bother to understand the actual subject at hand, that is what deniers do.

The use of catalytic converters to save our city air quality didn't line others pockets, nor did the use of urea in diesel engines, nor did the eradication of the use of CFCs to save our ozone layer. Do some research.

Yes, so let's turn a blind eye and make it worst, good retort :rolleyes:

Sorry for educating myself on the subject and presenting the scientific consensus to you.

We can agree here, people with attitudes like yours will do us in.

God this is annoying, educate yourself for ****s sake. Put together a coherent argument as well next time.
Ok settle down hero ,its nice to think you can try and educate me on what you think is right and how the rest of us should live...But in the end you will be along for the shitty ending just as I will be, and it will be just as much your fault as it is mine...But go ahead and keep playing your horn....

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
None of your comments have anything to do with the fact that the scientific consensus is that humans are a major cause for climate change.

As for China, they are already "going green", the country is the worlds largest investor in renewable energy.
"China is the world's leading country in electricity production from renewable energy sources, with over double the generation of the second-ranking country, the United States. In 2013 the country had a total capacity of 378 GW of renewable power, mainly from hydroelectric and wind power. China's renewable energy sector is growing faster than its fossil fuels and nuclear power capacity"

"As of year end 2014 hydroelectric power remains by far the largest component of renewable electricity production at 1,064 TWh. Wind power provided the next largest share with 156 TWh followed by biofuels at 44 TWh. Solar PV power started from a low base of just 152 GWh in 2008 and has grown rapidly since then to reach over 29 TWh by 2014. The overall share of electricity generated from renewable sources based on the figures in the above table has grown from a little over 17% in 2008 to a little over 23% by 2014. Solar and wind power continue to grow at a rapid pace."

"Clean Development Mechanism projects in China[edit]
Further information: Clean Development Mechanism
According to the UNFCCC database, by November 2011, China was the leading host nation for CDM projects with 1661 projects (46.32%) of a total of 3586 registered project activities (100%).[49] "

Renewable energy in China - Wikipedia

,its nice to think you can try and educate me on what you think is right and how the rest of us should live.
I have never once stated how anybody should live in this thread, so nice deflection attempt. I have simply presented scientific consensus and actual facts, and taken the time to call out your complete bull shit and incoherent arguments.

Also I was never so deluded to think I could educate somebody that can't put together coherent sentences, I'm just making sure the facts are presented in case anybody else is reading and is interested.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Humm kinda like Sudbury,just build a taller smokestack...And problem solved...LOL

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
None of your comments have anything to do with the fact that the scientific consensus is that humans are a major cause for climate change.

As for China, they are already "going green", the country is the worlds largest investor in renewable energy.
"China is the world's leading country in electricity production from renewable energy sources, with over double the generation of the second-ranking country, the United States. In 2013 the country had a total capacity of 378 GW of renewable power, mainly from hydroelectric and wind power. China's renewable energy sector is growing faster than its fossil fuels and nuclear power capacity"

"As of year end 2014 hydroelectric power remains by far the largest component of renewable electricity production at 1,064 TWh. Wind power provided the next largest share with 156 TWh followed by biofuels at 44 TWh. Solar PV power started from a low base of just 152 GWh in 2008 and has grown rapidly since then to reach over 29 TWh by 2014. The overall share of electricity generated from renewable sources based on the figures in the above table has grown from a little over 17% in 2008 to a little over 23% by 2014. Solar and wind power continue to grow at a rapid pace."

"Clean Development Mechanism projects in China[edit]
Further information: Clean Development Mechanism
According to the UNFCCC database, by November 2011, China was the leading host nation for CDM projects with 1661 projects (46.32%) of a total of 3586 registered project activities (100%).[49] "

Renewable energy in China - Wikipedia
Wikipedia huh??How about you see for yourself???Those wattage numbers seem nice but there is a billion people there,think they could get by with just those...How about you see how much fossil fuel they burn??Green energy simply will never be enough to meet demand,its simple math man

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Wikipedia huh??How about you see for yourself???Those wattage numbers seem nice but there is a billion people there,think they could get by with just those...How about you see how much fossil fuel they burn??Green energy simply will never be enough to meet demand,its simple math man

Yes yes, after the article completely dismantled what you said, moving the goal posts and saying "it's just simple math man" is the best you can reply.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Why do you think there has been so much static about the oil pipeline over the Rockies???Its no where near the environmental disaster waiting to happen,as trucking or moving the oil by rail over them.. As many want you to believe,its because we are locked in to selling it all to the US this way...

China wants all the oil period,and are willing to pay for it...The pipeline will feed oil tankers bound for China..Thus again hurting the US economy ...The static is funded by the US goverment,just as the sabre rattling about NAFTA..Is all about the same thing,the US wants the Oil but doesnt have the money as China does to pay for it

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yes yes, after the article completely dismantled what you said, moving the goal posts and saying "it's just simple math man" is the best you can reply.
But you quoting Wiki,and stating Iam moving the goal posts ,does what again???You havent said anything you have just quoted something you read or have seen online....You seem to think overcomplicating an issue makes you smarter for some reason..

No where have I said the earth isnt in trouble...Iam just not as brainwashed or as deluded to think what green companies are doing actually will save the planet....They like the other half are in it for themselves,they play one off the other..And walk away with all the cash

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hot water on demand tankless water heaters have been in Europe for decades,as has plasma burning of garbage...As was heat loss recovery on smokestacks in factories to generate steam to heat or generate electricity for apartment dwellings....But we spend billions here in Canada to build one plasma gas plant....LOL..Yep we are serious about saving the planet,as long as we can make some money off it

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So China burns no fossil fuel???Because it has endless rivers to dam, and will build millions of windmills along with solar panels??

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Or Kathline Wynn buying more coal fired plants,after selling or closing ours down due too renewable energy not even coming close to supplying enough electricity to meet demand...Where was the green energy people on that one??

More stupid,wasting of tax dollars..And putting good people out of work for what??

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
One of the most ridiculous things about the climate change denial community is its obsession with whataboutism (particularly with China) and their ridiculous standards of morality (if you ever criticize fossil fuels you should never ever ever use them or anything that we have as a result of them).

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
One of the most ridiculous things about the climate change denial community is its obsession with whataboutism (particularly with China) and their ridiculous standards of morality (if you ever criticize fossil fuels you should never ever ever use them or anything that we have as a result of them).
Here we go again.....So its ok for Green energy trumpeters to shame and tell us what we are doing wrong,yet dont really have any answers either...But YAY green energy...... It has the word "Green" in it so you just know its good for the planet...Lol

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Here we go again.....So its ok for Green energy trumpeters to shame and tell us what we are doing wrong,yet dont really have any answers either...But YAY green energy...... It has the word "Green" in it so you just know its good for the planet...Lol

Nobody is trying to shame you and nobody claims to have all the answers (by nobody I mean nobody relevant, there may be a few fringe extremists, but those types of people exist everywhere). Rational people can and do say there is a problem and that things need to change, but also recognize that it will and even should take time to make those changes since our society is so ingrained in the causes of the problem.

Reactions: Engineer

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Nobody is trying to shame you and nobody claims to have all the answers (by nobody I mean nobody relevant, there may be a few fringe extremists, but those types of people exist everywhere). Rational people can and do say there is a problem and that things need to change, but also recognize that it will and even should take time to make those changes since our society is so ingrained in the causes of the problem.
Thats the problem man,there is no real envormentially friendly answer...Green energy ,fosil fuels all do damage one way or another....The earth,s population keep growing and the energy needs will grow even further,that any and all energy sources will need to be used.....Also add in emerging markets that want the same as we have here ....Cars, houses,good quality food, clean water,which takes money to purchase so more jobs are needed...Meaning more factories more production,more power being consumed

Its shouldnt come to anyone,s surprise as to what the end result will be ,not saying we shouldnt try and slow the end result..But its coming,unless we can find another planet to rape and pillage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille