GDT: "Battle" of Alberta: Flames vs Oilers - 8 PM MT

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We look like an amateur squad to these 1980s Oilers.

giphy.gif

Jagrmeister 68proof

Oct 8, 2017
LOL what Pundits. Smith should just quit and go back to Arizona.Atleast he has an honest group in front where he knows what's expected.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Tbf this loss may help

No more gg come on lets go

This team just knows how to be generic and average

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I think im fed up with GG now, he does not know how to defend speed or know how to match lines, backlund is the only player i can think off that has actually played better under him. Idk whose out there, but he's bench better be warm

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I seriously couldn't tell you how much bigger he is than Gaudreau. He always just looks like he's fighting to break even with bigger men in battles as a defenseman.

This is where the philosophy of the great Scotty Bowman, "if you have a player that has a career year, you trade him. This should have happened with Brodie.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I thought it was the coach's role to change how the team plays in response to an awful period. Instead, he has them come out with the same defeated mentality. It's sad that I don't expect them to change one bit for the third, when Hartley coached this team they at least changed their attitude after every losing periods

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
That Hamilton pinch when Kulak was already behind Brossoit was something else lol

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
This is where the philosophy of the great Scotty Bowman, "if you have a player that has a career year, you trade him. This should have happened with Brodie.

I think they could still bill him as a top pairing or top 4 for sure and a team would trade for him. But the longer they hold on to him the further his stock will drop.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

It's patently obvious the team needs a coaching change over any shortsighted and frankly stupid trade. Brodie was quite successful under the previous two head coaches; it'd be silly to now say this is all that he is.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
This really is the most shameful game of the season so far. Worse than the 3-0 game at the start of the season, the 6-0 game against the Sens, or the game against detroit. How can you let this happen. AGAIN. to your rivals? **** these guys. haha.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
And Yet our fans will spend their hard earned money to go watch them live or at the bar. And the ownership knows hockey sells in this market so they will never do anything about it. And the worst of all things we will forget all this in 24 hours.
We also forget about wins after 5 minutes, though.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
It's one thing to lose to your rivals, it's another thing to completely not show up and get humiliated by them. What a joke of a game, this is a game as a player you should be amped up to play. I've said this a few times this season, the only player that shows emotion and willingness to win every game is Smith, most nights Tkachuk is showing it too but this team lacks a lot of emotion.
4 of the last 6 against the Oilers have been stinkers like this one, oh well just don't lose to Elliott and the Flyers on Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad