GDT: "Battle" of Alberta: Flames vs Oilers - 8 PM MT

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
We really need to win this game, the Oil are down in the dumps and they've been whipping us like beat dogs over the last year, the Oil are looking for a reason to turn their season around, some kind of positive, they thought they had it last game, when 2 Flames infiltrators, made sure that didn't happen. ( Brossoit/Russell) This game is important for both sides. Oh and it's the BOA ofc.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Calgary needs to win this one. A win tonight would mean a 9 point gap instead of a 5 point gap (unless it goes to OT)

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
This is the win that we need in order to prove that this team has it in them. There is pressure on the team to win, and they know they haven't had it easy against Oilers as of late. Losing wont be the end of the season but it certainly will show that there is a long way to go in order to be a strong presence across the league.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Cammalleri has been a healthy scratch two games in a row apparently. Bet he wishes he was still in LA

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
As long as McDavid is kept in check we should win this one. He really is their entire offense, even more so than Johnny is ours. No depth at all. Add to that the fact that their top D pairing and starting goalie are on IR, a loss tonight would be a monumental embarrassment.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Gaudreau = McDavid
Ferland > Draisaitl
Monahan > Draisaitl
Jankowski > Draisaitl
Bennett > Draisaitl
Tkachuk > Draisaitl
Jagr > Lucic
Backlund > Nugent Hopkins
Bennett > Nugent Hopkins
Frolik > Maroon
Brouwer < Kassian
Stajan > Letestu
Hathaway > Khaira
Giordano > Nurse
Brodie > Nurse
Hamilton > Klefbom
Hamonic < Larsson
Kulak > Russell
Stone > Benning
Smith > Brossoit

No excuse to lose this one, talent gap too big. Garbage opponent. Win and don't let the refs steal it. Get those two points and get them with a goal differential that puts us back in the + on the season.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
This team sucks at defending McDavid. They dont give him a hard enough time. He needs to have someone attached to him all night making him miserable like teams do to Gaudreau.

Going to have to score 5 or 6 I bet.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Gaudreau = McDavid
Ferland > Draisaitl
Monahan > Draisaitl
Jankowski > Draisaitl
Bennett > Draisaitl
Tkachuk > Draisaitl
Jagr > Lucic
Backlund > Nugent Hopkins
Bennett > Nugent Hopkins
Frolik > Maroon
Brouwer < Kassian
Stajan > Letestu
Hathaway > Khaira
Giordano > Nurse
Brodie > Nurse
Hamilton > Klefbom
Hamonic < Larsson
Kulak > Russell
Stone > Benning
Smith > Brossoit

No excuse to lose this one, talent gap too big. Garbage opponent. Win and don't let the refs steal it. Get those two points and get them with a goal differential that puts us back in the + on the season.
Your imagination is better than a tab of acid

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Based on the tweets, janko on 1st line pp tonight as brodies partner. Not sure i like it, but hes definitely better at making plays up there than brouwer would be

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Based on the tweets, janko on 1st line pp tonight as brodies partner. Not sure i like it, but hes definitely better at making plays up there than brouwer would be
Last game it was Ferland there and Brouwer playing his old role. They explained last game the reason for that is Ferland and Janko have the quickest shots off the half wall.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Uh why not? That rght circle is his office on the PP. Elite one-timer, great at holding possession with his frame/reach/mobility, reads the cross-ice seams better than Versteeg, and has played there for the last ~3 seasons of his career.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Last game it was Ferland there and Brouwer playing his old role. They explained last game the reason for that is Ferland and Janko have the quickest shots off the half wall.
True, i rmb hearing that, prob because our lone pp never got set up so assumed brouwer was still up there.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Uh why not? That rght circle is his office on the PP. Elite one-timer, great at holding possession with his frame/reach/mobility, reads the cross-ice seams better than Versteeg, and has played there for the last ~3 seasons of his career.
I obviously dont like jankowski as much as you (but i dont think anyone does lol) disagree with you on the elite/great stuff, hes good at them, remains to be see if hes elite at them

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I'll go with the home team tonight. Brossoit hasn't won a game this year - should continue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad