GDT: Battle of Alberta! Bennett edition! CBC 8pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Thanks man! Been a fan since I was 8 years old back in 04, been lurking these boards for ~1.5 years or so and figured it was time to sign up

My first reaction was that you're young. Then it dawned upon me that no, I'm just getting older. Thanks for that, man. :(

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I think I misunderstood you when you said it was a shame to not be able to move him, and I apologize. I realize his trade value is high, and it should be. I misinterpreted your post to think that you wanted to get rid of him because of his trade value, and I had concerns about replacing him. Sorry!

No worries; it happens.

I think if Green was still a legit top four defensemen and wanted to come to Calgary as a UFA, it'd be worth exploring a Wideman trade, mainly to see if a team out there would overpay badly enough. But since neither of those things seem to be the case, the Flames pretty much have to hold on to him. Hartley doesn't trust Wotherspoon, Morrison probably isn't ready and it's a pretty miserable UFA year.

There's basically Beauchemin (35 next season; Ducks will probably re-sign anyway) and Oduya (34 next season). After that, there McQuaid (29) and Bartkowski (27), but both are bottom pairing guys.

Espeon

Apr 4, 2015
My first reaction was that you're young. Then it dawned upon me that no, I'm just getting older. Thanks for that, man. :(

If it makes you feel any better I feel like watching them this year has aged me about 10 years or so :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If it makes you feel any better I feel like watching them this year has aged me about 10 years or so :laugh:

Welcome aboard! A word of advice, Stewie loves it when you call him an old man.

Oh and Adirondack Flames loves teams that tank and has a strong admiration for the Winnipeg Jets fans.

RaginStajan likes to post things that need a decoder.

Unlimited Checking is our resident comedian.

InfinityIggy is a dude, his life goal is to marry Mikael Backlund.

YMCMBYOLO likes to bath in bleach and burn things. He also occasionally rages on trolls.

Anglesmith is a mad scientist, he eventually plans on shaving his head bald, cryogenically freezing himself along with his dog to gain world dominance.

Me, I have a hot wife, but I'm boring. People are just nice to me so they can meet my wife.

Oh and lastly, ForeverFlamesFan stands people up. Hope you like nonsense and pizza, happy posting!

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Oh and Adirondack Flames loves teams that tank and has a strong admiration for the Winnipeg Jets fans.

YMCMBYOLO likes to bath in bleach and burn things. He also occasionally rages on trolls.

Anglesmith is a mad scientist, he eventually plans on shaving his head bald, cryogenically freezing himself along with his dog to gain world dominance.

Me, I have a hot wife, but I'm boring. People are just nice to me so they can meet my wife.

Oh and lastly, ForeverFlamesFan stands people up. Hope you like nonsense and pizza, happy posting!

:laugh: that's a pretty good summary

May 27, 2012
Earth

:laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

to be fair your wife wants to meet me.

#winning

Aug 3, 2010

One lie, one truth, which is which? :sarcasm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I thought the postcount was supposed to be like keeping score in golf, the lower the better especially with the amount of rhetoric that flies around these boards...

*looks at own posting statistics*

Average post-per-day: 3.44

:(
17.69 post per day :amazed:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

I don't remember such a thing!

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

To clarify I just want to live with Mikael Backlund, and be with him every waking moment. I don't want to marry him though. Only suckers get married :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese